Confirmed! Zombie to Write/Direct Halloween 2

You read it here first, fiends. Rob Zombie is re-teaming with Dimension Films to direct a follow-up to 2007's Halloween entitled H2.

Variety, who confirmed our news break (yet, sadly, offers no credit), says the new film will pick up where Zombie's reboot ended "following the aftermath of Michael Myers' murderous rampage through the eyes of the sister he hunted."

Sources tell us that Zombie's vision for the sequel - which will not resemble Rick Rosenthal's original second installment - is "crazy" and a "totally unique approach" for a next chapter.

"I was so burned out. (But) I took a long break, made a record and I got excited again," Zombie tells Variety. "Now, we'll be hauling ass, and that's the problem making a movie called 'Halloween': If you come out Nov. 1 or after, nobody cares. If it was called anything else, I'd be fine."

Tyler Mane will reprise his role as Michael Myers; it's unknown if Scout Taylor-Compton or Malcolm McDowell will encore as Laurie and Dr. Loomis, respectively.

Production begins in March with its release targeted for October (a similar turnaround on Zombie's first Halloween). Malek Akkad of Trancas International Films will produce alongside Spectacle Entertainment's Andy Gould.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=8885

Teaser poster:

h2-teasersmall.jpg

sigh, I've got to admit, I'm a Rob Zombie fan as well as a fan of the walking dead type zombies. I did enjoy all of his movies so far, so I'll be sure to check out H2.

I'm a fan of The Devil's Rejects watching that movie you see this great leap in directorial ability in Zombie compared to House of 1000 Corpses. And with Halloween, he basically shat most of the good will he had acquired with Rejects. He's stuck himself into this hicksploitation corner, that I think he needs to get out of, and doing another Halloween is just a horrible choice, creativity speaking. I'm sure the Weinsteins have payed handsomely for coming back on and doing this movie.

Keeping the steady stream of updates rolling on the fast-tracked H2, writer-director Rob Zombie announced, via his blog, that Tyler Mane will indeed encore as Michael Myers.

"The big guy is back," Zombie states on MySpace. "There ain't no new Michael Myers. It's Tyler Mane again f**kers!" This should come as no surprise, really, as Mane revealed during a press tour for a Halloween that he had already signed for sequels.

And on Myers mask duty? Expect Wayne Toth to return. He's reportedly already at work on creating Myers' latest visage.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=8928

Michael Myers drives people crazy. Fact. And I'm not just talking about the adoring fans who keep the message boards buzzing with theories about the killer's latest movements. The press gets swept up in a rumor volleying frenzy whenever news surfaces over a new Halloween film, too. He said this, she said that. We're all guilty of it. But after two weeks since we exclusively broke the news that Rob Zombie was returning to the franchise (here's the original break) - during which time I watched everyone snicker with doubt as if I haven't been doing this for years and forgot that I got the scoop on Zombie's involvement in the remake during my tenure at Fangoria - confirmation came down when a press release was finally issued. It was met with a mixed response. But that's par for the course. I don't think there has been any other film in the last decade that elicits such a divisive response like Rob Zombie's Halloween. I'm talking full-on verbal assaults (I've never seen it come to fisticuffs in public, though). Like I said, Myers drives people crazy.

Continue reading:

http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=8951

I did like how the second film takes place right after the first film ends. I hope Rob does the same, but with another story going for it. I wasn't sure how I'd take his version of the film, but I was presently surprised, plus it was above and beyond any of the sequals.

:lol: That would be a diffrent direction. I'm still waiting for a decent Hellraiser film. After the second, they never really gained momentum.

I guess thats gonna be a long wait since Clive Barker has been replaced by the writers of Saw 4 for the remake

FearNET correspondent Spider, frontman of Powerman 5000, has an advantage when it comes to getting the dirt regarding H2 where other journalists don't: He's the writer-director's brother. And so, he, and FearNET, put that blood bond to good use to get Rob Zombie to talk a bit about his sequel to Halloween.

Here, Zombie explains why he decided to leap back into the franchise: "For some reason Halloween was one of those shoots that was stressful and crazed from day one. Everything was a struggle and a problem. So, when it was done I was ready to be done. Then time goes by, you regenerate, forget and the idea of a sequel seems okay. But by that point I thought someone else was already doing it. So I just forgot about it. Then I ran into Matt Stein from Weinstein Company at the Scream Awards and found out that it was still up for grabs. So I grabbed it. I love my version of the characters and can't wait to take them further. This sequel will be different than the first film, much like The Devil's Rejects was different from House of 1000 Corpses."

He goes on to repeat that Tyler Mane is returning as Myers (announced last week) and that he's spoken to Malcolm McDowell and Scout Taylor-Compton about their respective roles. Shooting begins on March 9th. For the full interview click here.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=8982

Casting has begun for Rob Zombie's H2 (Halloween 2) and we've received details on a new character you'll be seeing in the sequel. Zombie's currently looking for an actor to fill the shoes of a man named "Howard Boggs," and the joint he works at is quite familiar...

[HOWARD BOGGS]

- Caucasian - 6'4" - age open. HOWARD is the huge, thick necked bouncer at the 'Rabbit in Red' night club. He's not a pierced-tattooed-rocker type, but more of a hard workin' fist fightin' beer drinkin' bouncer.

The Rabbit in Red, as you will undoubtedly recall, is the club where Deborah Myers (in Zombie's original film) danced at. Shooting begins on H2 in March. In terms of returning cast members, Tyler Mane is the only one officially on board; he'll reprise his role as Michael Myers.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9026

Halloween in October? Not quite. As we speculated here, Dimension Films has indeed shown that familiarity works best and Rob Zombie's H2 (Halloween 2) is now slated for release August 28th. Originally, Zombie had alluded to an October debut. But, late August is the same time frame Halloween bowed in 2007 and took the #1 spot at the box office. Written and directed by Zombie, the sequel picks up immediately after the first entry. Tyler Mane is currently the only actor officially attached. Pre-production begins this month with a principal photography start scheduled for early March.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9066

The Weinstein Company's Dimension Films is sticking to the formula that worked the first time and has set an August 28 release date for writer/director Rob Zombie's H2. Zombie's Halloween was released on August 31, 2007 and set a new record for the four-day Labor Day holiday weekend with $30.6 million. It went on to gross $58.3 million domestically and $20.2 million internationally.

Zombie's Tyrannosaurus Rex was previously scheduled for the Aug. 28 weekend, but since he is taking on H2 first, the project has been pushed back.

In related news, ShockTillYouDrop.com has posted a sneak peek at the Michael Myers mask to be featured and worn by actor Tyler Mane in H2. "If you thought Michael was f*cked before, you ain't seen nothing yet! He is bigger, meaner and more psycho than Dr. Loomis ever thought possible," Zombie says.

The follow-up will pick up at the exact moment the first movie stopped and follow the aftermath of Michael Myers murderous rampage through the eyes of heroine Laurie Strode. Shooting starts in March.

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51681

Our good friend 'Chuck E.' just sent us the latest casting breakdown for Rob Zombie's H2, which begins shooting this month in Los Angeles (or maybe Georgia?) for release on August 28th. While it doesn't confirm any returning names, it does give some idea into what the film is about and reveals multiple murder sequences. Get your hard hat on and get ready for some spoilers. The new film picks up right as the first remake ended, following the aftermath of Michael Myers' murderous rampage through the eyes of the sister he hunted.

Continue reading: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14846

Rob Zombie is calling on Ezra Buzzington to appear in Halloween 2. The actor, who has co-starred in The Hills Have Eyes and Mirrors, recently wrapped New Terminal Hotel.

According to Zombie, Buzzington is slipping into the shoes of character "Ned Atkins - beer delivery man for The Rabbit In Red Club. Unfortunately Ezra's scene were cut from Halloween, so he had to come back and rock it again."

Halloween 2 begins shooting February 23rd in Atlanta, Georgia. It's due for release August 28th. Tyler Mane is back as Michael Myers, more casting announcements are expected to roll out this week.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9152

• 5 weeks later...
Dimension Films has provided ComingSoon.net with the new teaser poster for writer/director Rob Zombie's Halloween sequel, H2, hitting theaters on August 28. The film, which will pick up at the exact moment the first movie stopped, stars Scout Taylor-Compton, Tyler Mane, Danielle Harris, Daniel Roebuck, Ezra Buzzington, Jeffrey Daniel Phillips, Richard Brake, Matt Bush and Howard Hesseman.

h2newteaser.jpg

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=52785

• 2 months later...
You've been patient long enough. Sifting through information. Set reports. Early interviews. Photos. Now, here's your full look at the trailer for Rob Zombie's H2 (Halloween 2). The gang's all here: Myers, Loomis, Strode, Sheriff and Annie Brackett, and Mrs. Myers as some ghostly vision haunting her son's mind and urging him to kill. Zombie is definitely turning the franchise in a new direction. But what do you think of it, furthermore, what do you think of the new mask seen in the photo below? Use our comment boards below to speak your mind!

H2 opens August 28th.

Click here for the trailer