A BULLET WAITS FOR YOU

vectortv

At the same time we want a fresh approach to these ideas, visuals, and themes. Therein lies the true challenge. It's a challenge that has been taken up before, most recently (and successfully) in films like The Proposition. We cannot content ourselves in simply recreating the look and feel of the classic works. Our goal is to carve out new territory. Dynamic characterization and performances will go a long way, but the visuals will be extremely important to this picture. Reinventing the Western is not what we want to do, that's pretentious.

We want to re-invigorate it. We want to remind today's audiences that there is still a wellspring of life in this genre. It can be bold, violent, and operatic. A Bullet Waits For You is a dark story with a bleak outer core, but inside that core, seething with ferocity, are the complicated moral struggles of the human condition. And the Western at it's best has always served as a fertile ground for these themes. A Bullet Waits For You is not a threnody to a much loved genre, rather, we plan to herald the coming of the next step in the evolution of the Western. Something that will enthrall today's audiences as much as A Fistful Of Dollars did in 1964.

More soon.

- TB

Tim,

masterfully spoken my friend.

And Tim is correct - the tag line for Fistful of Dollars was that it 'is the first motion picture of its kind. It won't be the last!

ditto for A BULLET WAITS FOR YOU.

Andrew

Guest AdminGuyX
Was that Noeland or Tuco spouting off?

;)

I'd be lying if I didn't say I was feverishly jealous. But I also have truck loads of respect for everyone involved, and I KNOW this is going to be one for the ages.

A film for repeated viewings, and long discussions, and for the pure enjoyment of watching a good goddam spaghetti western that will just get better and better with each new viewing.

I'm gushing here, but you fuckers deserve it.

Njc------------

COOL BEANS!

I'm getting all euphoric here knowing the bits and pieces of this film will be dropped RIGHT HERE!

that teaser is the shit! its now my wallpaper...

BRAVADO GUYS!

Andrew, got a question about the score if you don't mind. Just wondering if you are going to follow in Leone's footsteps and have Morricone compose the score before the film is shot. I always thought this was a bizarre technique, but it created some great music from Fistful of Dollars to Once Upon A Time In America.

Andrew, got a question about the score if you don't mind. Just wondering if you are going to follow in Leone's footsteps and have Morricone compose the score before the film is shot. I always thought this was a bizarre technique, but it created some great music from Fistful of Dollars to Once Upon A Time In America.

Andrea has already created a couple of tracks for us based off the reading of the screenplay. We are exploring the premise of having some rough temp tracks to play on set for the actors. They will then be refined to lock to picture.

As Tim indicated yesterday the big thing is that while there is a certain level of homage to the motifs of the genre - this is not a recreation so the same translates to the score in so much that the thematics of the screenplay and the dark undertones meld with minimalist Morricone approach.

Andrew

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update on things.

Janie Bryant who created the marvelous Emmy award winning costumes in a little show called DEADWOOD has confirmed her interest in costuming A BULLET WAITS FOR YOU. Janie has most recently been designing costumes for MAD MEN.

Damn cool.

Andrew

Quick update on things.

Janie Bryant who created the marvelous Emmy award winning costumes in a little show called DEADWOOD has confirmed her interest in costuming A BULLET WAITS FOR YOU. Janie has most recently been designing costumes for MAD MEN.

Damn cool.

Andrew

Great news!

I still have some friends at MIAC (Museum of Indian Arts & Culture) in Santa Fe if she's interested. They have an impressive collection of textiles and other related objects that may help inform the post Civil War/New Mexico flavor.

And through January 9 they have a great exhibt on Native Americans and comics Comic Art Indigene.

Archived