• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

....came back from a workshop by casting director Helen McCready. She was awesome. I also have been cast as the lead in the SAG short "James and Jenna", playing the character of James along with working as the stunt coordinator.

-Raf

...found out my web series pitch wasn't been picked up. Back to the drawing board :(

....came back from a workshop by casting director Helen McCready. She was awesome. I also have been cast as the lead in the SAG short "James and Jenna", playing the character of James along with working as the stunt coordinator.

Congrats dude ;)

Thanks Padre....keep workin on that web series and then some! Something will get picked up sooner or later. Just gotta let the clock do the work.

• 3 weeks later...

...took a tap dance class for the first time in *gasp* 24 years. And the amazing part isn't that I'm such an old coot, but the fact that the muscle memory was STILL THERE! By the end of class I had the combination down pat! The next class can't come soon enough!

So this message is for all RAW boarders: If there's something you haven't done since high school (and I don't mean drugs, petty thievery, or B&E's), and you've been thinking about trying it lately - you really must do it. You'll surprise yourself! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Woke up from a pretty crappy dream. Haven't had that kind of vivid recollection of one in awhile. Someone was trying to get in my house to get at my wife, except for some odd reason we were in the house I grew up in...so I couldn't find the closet where my guns are. In the meantime, the front door just floats into the fucking living room. Most disturbing part is, my wife and I just put it back on and looked for screws to put the hinges back on. No one actually came in the house. You could just feel them out there, waiting.

Good times...and done sleeping for the day.

• 2 weeks later...

.. had an amazing conversation today with a fellow comic book junkie and it was a blast. We shared a lot of ideas and each discovered some new stuff that we hadn't heard about before. He turned me on to several new books and artists that I can't wait to check out. I told him about RAW and Bad Planet and suggested he check them out. That was fun! It's always exciting to meet someone who shares common interests, especially in someplace you never expected it.

He told me about a couple of new books that I hadn't heard of- Caliber, Planet Hulk, and a line of noir crime books by Vertigo that sound really good.

But we did disagree on a couple of things-

- He thinks the Punisher:War Zone movie is the best of all the Punisher movies because "the action in it most closely resembles Garth Ennis' Punisher". I haven't seen it, so I may have to check it out to see if I agree with him about that, but the Thomas Jane Punisher is the definitive Punisher in my book.

- He thinks Frank Cho is a better artist than Joe Jusko. I gotta disagree on that one. Cho may be good, but he's no Jusko.

• 2 weeks later...

...accepted the role of Justice Rath, in the new, RAYZOOMAY webseries, JACK UZI. Should be fun...I hope!

. . . laughed at the name "Jack Uzi".

:)

Are we talking about a hot tub company run by the CIA?

Well, these guys do get a bit over the top on twisting words...like the company name..RAYZOOMAY...um, resume?... So I expect lots of dumb shit like that in the script, which is why I hope it's fun...and not just silly on naming stuff.

Guest AdminGuyX
Well, these guys do get a bit over the top on twisting words...like the company name..RAYZOOMAY...um, resume?... So I expect lots of dumb shit like that in the script, which is why I hope it's fun...and not just silly on naming stuff.

It sounds like a lot of fun to me. When the name makes me chuckle like that, I will usually check it out. Are the folks putting it together an improv troop or the like? I used to work with improv guys in Tampa, and they were always great.

Njc-----

Did you shave it off of your own volition or was this part of a dare or...? Is it now growing back?

Jen

Boredom. It's something I do, I'll grow a beard for a year straight and then get rid of it for no real reason.

... bought a couple of "raw deals"

at the "RAW Store".

I'm confused, oh well ... fingers crossed.