...got a link to a trailer for the short film I had a role in. Here it is...

http://vimeo.com/12843376

I'm the guy in the hat and sunglasses.

It was a blast and has sorta gotten under my skin a bit.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...got cast as Cain in the sci fi film I PREFER THE DARK...I'm gonna be working with Raffi on this, how fucking cool is that!

...Got cast as Summers in I Prefer the Dark. Fuck yes. It's gonna be nice to be the bad guy again. Small world, I run into Andy at an audition where there's a shit load of people reading for parts and then we both get cast alongside each other. AMAZING

Andy is the man btw, ladies and gentleman

-Raf

You guys both kick ass! Andy, I didn't realize you played in front of the camera?! VERY cool.

Had my first taste of the camera a couple of weeks back. Raffi turned me onto a local Detroit site that had casting calls and somebody was looking for a scruffy ass looking dude...fits me to a tee. I got the part as a drug dealer. We shot in downtown detroit, 4 1/2 hours of shooting for my 4 minutes in this 12 minute film. It got under the skin very quickly. Tons more flexibility to film vs stage. Plus I don't feel any stress at all in front of the camera. The stage is just totally nerve wracking man. That said, I took a short lead time stage job for the same folks, playing Otto Preminger in s show about Dorothy Dandrige and Billie Holliday... playing in Detroit...I'm a glutton for punishment. But I'm going to try and keep the stage appearences, short, and few. Honestly, live shows are fucking killers man...who's gonna drop a line, move the wrong way, blow a que...fuck, hope it ain't gonna be me! So yeah, I'm so far just digging the crap out of it. Noeland has been after me for some time to try it and our schedules just haven't let us get together to do anything, now we just got to make it happen.

Had my first taste of the camera a couple of weeks back. Raffi turned me onto a local Detroit site that had casting calls and somebody was looking for a scruffy ass looking dude...fits me to a tee. I got the part as a drug dealer. We shot in downtown detroit, 4 1/2 hours of shooting for my 4 minutes in this 12 minute film. It got under the skin very quickly. Tons more flexibility to film vs stage. Plus I don't feel any stress at all in front of the camera. The stage is just totally nerve wracking man. That said, I took a short lead time stage job for the same folks, playing Otto Preminger in s show about Dorothy Dandrige and Billie Holliday... playing in Detroit...I'm a glutton for punishment. But I'm going to try and keep the stage appearences, short, and few. Honestly, live shows are fucking killers man...who's gonna drop a line, move the wrong way, blow a que...fuck, hope it ain't gonna be me! So yeah, I'm so far just digging the crap out of it. Noeland has been after me for some time to try it and our schedules just haven't let us get together to do anything, now we just got to make it happen.

And that's why I love the film industry. You can do several takes different ways. If you fuck up on stage or didn't feel good enough about the delivery, too late! I've ALWAYS been a film guy. But like we talked about in the conference room Andy, I've never taken any acting classes. It's just something I wanted to do. If I did take classes, I probably would be into theater more. I have my reasons for just doing it on my own though. Money being tight among others.

Can't wait to shoot this thing man! Being bad is always fun. I was the villain in my last gig so this is two in a row baby!

Jayesse - Thanks!

-Raf

A huge congrats to both Irish and Raffi!!! :D

That's exciting news.

To me, there's no better feeling than acting on camera. I love it. The stage isn't for me. I've tried it, but I didn't really enjoy it.

I just worked with a stage actor who had never done film before. He says it's going to take some getting used to. I think it's easier, but maybe a camera can make a person nervous just as much as a live audience does.

• 3 weeks later...
Woke up to a flooded basement. Yay for midnight torrential rain!

Dude! Sorry for that man. Hope you didn't lose anything of value. We got all kinda treasure in our basement. None of it has a monotary value, but it is all pretty special in other ways. Good luck buddy.

Not too much was damaged. We've switched over to mostly plastic tubs. About the only thing I was really bummed about was a dinosaur book that my mom had bought me was I was little. Hard cover, amazing paintings. My second daughter, Natalie, has turned out to be really into them, so I've been looking for that book to pass on to her. Couldn't find it anywhere, but now I did. Water-logged. :(

But, it could be worse. The neighbors live nest to a ravine. They can't keep water from coming in.

No not yet..... I did talk to him about it though. The first thing I said to him was "So you ready to go to Japan Hugh?" he was like "Ohhh yeahhhh January baby!" and it went from there. The scene we filmed consisted of him standing and passing me up multiple times so it was awesome

....met Hugh Jackman on set of Real Steel. What a great guy!

That's awesome! You are so lucky, Raffi! I've always been such a fan of Hugh Jackman. He's always seemed like the guy who could pull off anything. He acts, he sings, he dances. He's very talented.

Though, I gotta add that Jackman is lucky to have met you, as well. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

...posted this so I could get another square!

Thanks K-skye!