The Punisher: WarZone

Tim Bradstreet

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forum Edit Tim... did you see anything LG passed along about Lexi, to character assassination sites like IESB.net, Joe Drake's chief minions? That her film was a trainwreck, that Gale Anne Hurd was saving it from disaster, that the dialogue was unimaginable? You know as well as I do that LG and even Hurd saw everything Lexi did along the way... there's no way that film, with that many people watching, came out to be something they didn't expect.

No Kevin, I did not see that stuff because I simply cannot see everything that comes to light about this film that finds itself on the internet.

Also, those are sites I am not aware of. And truthfully, most of these seemingly "legit" news sites are anything but. I don't put too much stock in what they say.

How have you gotten so deep in this and what was it that initiated your taking a side? Do you know Lexi? Do you have a vested interest outside of wanting to see a good Punisher film? I've got enough drama in my life without the extracurricular mate. Maybe you just need a vacation ;)

Where were you when she was the one being wailed on by the slander campaign hammer? Difference is, her own bosses threw her to the dogs... I'm glad you mentioned needing to work for somebody, because money is what I see all over your angle.

Wow. Really? Well just remember that I didn't get one red cent for anything I may have contributed to this production.

I got paid to do a teaser poster which was just like any other freelance gig I might pick up. And I was asked to do it.

If you knew me at all you would know better than to say "money is what I see all over your angle".

It saddens me that this is what your perception is. It also angers me because on this note specifically you have no idea what your talking about.

- TB

Guest FADoss

How do you define sellout? As an actor, doing your own comic books? Making films like "Mutant Chronicles" and directing 3-D films like "Dark Country"? Sounds just like selling out to the mainstream media!!! Forum Edit

Selling out would have been TAKING the role of the Punisher. It was a guaranteed thing!!! Instead, he walked because he hated the way the studio was taking the film. That is the EXACT opposite of being a sellout.

And are you seriously slamming me for having a small speaking role on a major television series? Forum Edit At least I'm doing something with my life besides making protest sites against a fucking movie. Forum Edit

Fred

Yeah, again I fucking apologizes for pointing him over to the forum. I didn't know he would be such a Forum Edit about everything.

Though I was a bit of an ass when I commented on his site, I admit that, but I wasn't making personal fucking attacks like this.

Guest AdminGuyX

Kevin, I'm not sure where your sense of entitlement comes from either, but you're anger is misplaced, and misdirected. I'm all for a crusade, but brother there is a right way and a wrong way to handle everything.

If you have an ax to grind here, don't hide behind something that happened to a perfect stranger, and act as if you're on some sort of divine mission for the truth when all you're really doing is picking fights. Don't act like any kind of epic injustice has to be reversed or the world will explode. If Lexi was fired, it wouldn't be the first time a director was removed, even unjustly removed, from a project.

It also wouldn't be the first time a studio trumped up a fake confrontation to generate press, and get people talking about a movie. It's truly nothing all that special.

You don't like Tom, fine, but be a man about it. Tell us why without attacking TL or Tim over it. It's not as if Tom can't handle critics man. The way you take someone to task is as important as why you are taking them to task. If you have some kind of message you want to send, it's getting lost in the way you're sending it.

I don't see how posting this stuff here is going to further any sort of cause to help Lexi, which is what you're after right? Helping Lexi?

The idea that someone has paid Tim off is just stupid man. I mean come on. I will say, you've inspired some colorful profanity in the last couple of pages though, and that's been fun.

:P

Forum Edit

Look, maybe what Kevin, and the rest of us at the GPA are doing the wrong thing, maybe not. But we just want to see the full director's vision of the film. Maybe our attempts are ludicrous and asinine, but that's not the point. The point is attention. We want to get the attention of LGF higher-ups, and sometimes petitions don't cut it.

Shock tactics do though.

And PWZ isn't the only thing here. It's most important to us in particular, but I don't know if you knew this, but Joe Drake (the new head honcho) at LGF is dumping like 17 films, and apparently PWZ is one of the ones he's considering to dump. He dumped Midnight Meat Train a couple weeks ago, into only 100 theaters despite good advance reviews and Clive Barker's pleas not to dump it.

That man has to know that if he decides to fuck the film, then Punisher fans will tear him to pieces.

Arsh, I know you feel like the idea of LGF possibly disposing of Warzone is HORRIBLE.

The thing is, look at it from their shoes:

-If the film gets Nationwide Release, that's $4-5 Million they might not get back.

-If the film gets Limited Release, there's a chance they might make a profit from a garbage movie.

-If the film goes Straight To Video - they eliminate any chance of wasting more money on a film that was shit from the moment it was wriitten.

If this was your money, your Millions of Dollars, what would you do?

Not as a Punisher fan, but as a businessman?

-TL

Look, maybe what Kevin, and the rest of us at the GPA are doing the wrong thing, maybe not. But we just want to see the full director's vision of the film. Maybe our attempts are ludicrous and asinine, but that's not the point. The point is attention. We want to get the attention of LGF higher-ups, and sometimes petitions don't cut it.

Shock tactics do though.

And PWZ isn't the only thing here. It's most important to us in particular, but I don't know if you knew this, but Joe Drake (the new head honcho) at LGF is dumping like 17 films, and apparently PWZ is one of the ones he's considering to dump. He dumped Midnight Meat Train a couple weeks ago, into only 100 theaters despite good advance reviews and Clive Barker's pleas not to dump it.

That man has to know that if he decides to fuck the film, then Punisher fans will tear him to pieces.

Shock tactics through misinformation. How does that work?

Nobody knows what the fuck is going on with the movie not IESB not the Forum Edit GPA.

And go ahead do your petitions and e-mail campaigns, that's all fine. But drumming up some fucking conspiracy theory involving Jonathan Hensleigh and how Hurd is an evil mastermind is bullshit.

Forum Edit

And if they are re-editing the the movie I'm sure it could have been Lions Gate, Marvel or you know the 11 other producers that worked on the film.

Guest AdminGuyX
Shock tactics do though.

No. They really don't. And pulling "shock tactics" here is a COMPLETE waste of time.

Some spiteful internet guys who made a mean website are not going to change the mind of anyone connected to the film either. You're not going to win any hearts or minds by insulting Gale Ann Hurd, or publishing web pages about her husband.

That might actually get you into legal trouble.

Arsh, I know you feel like the idea of LGF possibly disposing of Warzone is HORRIBLE.

The thing is, look at it from their shoes:

-If the film gets Nationwide Release, that's $4-5 Million they might not get back.

-If the film gets Limited Release, there's a chance they might make a profit from a garbage movie.

-If the film goes Straight To Video - they eliminate any chance of wasting more money on a film that was shit from the moment it was wriitten.

If Saw can make 3, 4 times it's budget back, I think PWZ can do at least twice or three times it's original budget back. Some decent marketing, it'll break even and make a profit. LGF loves these kind of films that are inexpensive and make a bunch of money. Releasing it in limited release is dumb, because it won't get much attention and won't make much dollars. If they release it in a low number of theaters, it'll be cause Drake dumped the film, and is willing to take a loss on it. I wouldn't want it to go to straight-to-dvd because that's death. No one watches those films. National Release would make sense because that's how they're gonna recover their money. Here, on this board, it was mentioned that R-rated bloodfests or something to that effect traditionally make more in December, and the movie will be released in December. With some good marketing, I think they'll make a profit.

If this was your money, your Millions of Dollars, what would you do?

Not as a Punisher fan, but as a businessman?

I'd market the hell out of the movie. I'm not one to simply dump projects to make myself look good.

Look, Drake is dumping projects to make himself look good. This isn't something I'm making up. Clive Barker said this himself in a letter to his fans (I'll get the letter within the hour). He has the ability to take the loss, but it won't reflect on him because he'll blame his predecessor who green lighted the film.

-TL

What I'd like to know Arsh, is do you actually buy into this fucking Hurd conspiracy bullshit that's been drummed up? Reading that post, you seem to understand that Lions Gate are the ones running the show.

Do I agree with some of the shock tactics? Not quite. But there are aspects of it that I do believe. I believe that 20 minutes have been chopped off. I believe that Hurd has severely edited several other films she's worked on. I believe that Drake is considering dumping the film. I believe that Lexi deserves the chance to deliver the film that SHE wanted. I don't want to see the corporate version of it.

That's what I believe.

*I know you wanna back up your friend, but these are battles you cannot win.

Not the one against LGF.

Forum Edit

My personal belief is that we will not win (against LGF, I'll beat you... cause I won't fight fair), but that's not the point. The point is to try. To do our best using the methods that we think will work. It's as simple as that TL.

-TL

Do I agree with some of the shock tactics? Not quite. But there are aspects of it that I do believe. I believe that 20 minutes have been chopped off. I believe that Hurd has severely edited several other films she's worked on. I believe that Drake is considering dumping the film. I believe that Lexi deserves the chance to deliver the film that SHE wanted. I don't want to see the corporate version of it.

That's what I believe.

If you don't agree with all of it go on and do your own thing, don't lump yourself in with those guys. And where exactly does this 20 minutes being chopped off come from?

And those other movies, are you talking about The Incredible Hulk? I read the bullshit on Truth page about Ed Norton wanting more character in the film. But, most people, going by Lee's Hulk, wanted more action and less story. And I wouldn't call The Incredible Hulk a horrible abortion of celluloid, the editing was pretty good.

Forum Edit

If you don't agree with all of it go on and do your own thing, don't lump yourself in with those cocksuckers. And where exactly does this 20 minutes being chopped off come from?

And those other movies, are you talking about The Incredible Hulk? I read the bullshit on Truth page about Ed Norton wanting more character in the film. But, most people, going by Lee's Hulk, wanted more action and less story. And I wouldn't call The Incredible Hulk a horrible abortion of celluloid, the editing was pretty good.

I watched The Incredible Hulk. I honestly would've liked some more story to it. Though I am a story guy, maybe that's why.

I am with these guys because I choose to be. I want to be. Simple as that.

If Nick Fury called out Frank Castle to a fight for being an internet pussy, the last thing Frank would do is cheat his way to a victory.

When I was in 10th grade, there was this Honduran dude that loved to act tough. He would harass the entire class with his tough guy attitude.

One day, I decided to put an end to that - so I went to the bathroom, put on a mouthpiece and went back to class, where I beat the vomit out of him (he threw up).

A few weeks later, I was walkin to the cafeteria and I feel this nasty blow to the back of my head.

The little fucker put a rock in a sock and hit me with it.

It was a noble attempt at payback, but it didn't work. See, he thought I would go down from that blow to the head. I didn't. So I hit him in the neck and kicked him in the nuts 30 times.

For about 3 weeks he continued to threaten to kill me and it became a popular school "beef".

For about 3 weeks I beat the fuck outta him.

There was even a time when he rounded up 20 guys to back him up.

I brought 5 and those 20 guys bailed on him.

The funniest day was when he brought a bookbag to school for the first time. I figured he got tired of playing nice and brought a gun. I had 6 of my guys hold him up against a portable as I searched through his bag. Nothing but baggies full of weed. It was career day I guess. I beat his ass again right after.

The story ends with this Honduran masochist apologizing to me during a football game and NEVER acting like a prick in school again.

He became quite cool afterwards.

*Sometimes that's what it takes.

As politically incorrect as it may sound, some people only learn the hard way.

That's what frustrates me about internet fights.

Nobody learns anything.

-TL

Sorry folks, I've been gone a while watching my daughter and putting her to bed.

I come back to find a lot of . . . I don't feel I even have to describe it.

Here's the poop.

I appreciate you all rising to defend, but here's the thing . . . It only ups the ante.

It won't necessarily help. Best case scenario is that we all agree to disagree.

I don't see anyone changing their minds based on my, or anyone else's opinion pursuant to the Lexi/Gale/LGF situation.

People will believe what they're going to believe. Arguing, name calling, taking this stuff up a notch in general will only result in exascerbating the situation.

Worst case scenario is that we here at RAW become the next targets for GPA to wage war on. And I've already received a report that this very thing is happening.

I will not go over there to read any of it because I'm sure I'll get angry about it. Whatever they end up saying about me I have a clear conscience.

It's easy to see the machine at work. Mike V, intending to illuminate GPA in some small way by bringing our thoughts to their attention resulted in no illumination whatsoever. It resulted in a flame post. In the ensuing melee Kevin got deluged with an overwhelming amount of angry responses. Is it ANY wonder?

It's like walking into the middle of an NAACP meeting and calling Martin Luther King a N****R. What did he think was going to happen by doing what he did?

According to Arsh, this shock tactic thing is admittedly not necessarily all based on truths, more a shout out loud to the studio for them to pay attention.

Though I wonder how many fans out there take this as law, or in fact realize that it's more a case of some angry fans displaying an angry show of force.

Listen, I may not like it, you may not like it, but they do have the right to express those opinions. It's their site. I just wish they could do it without attacking people in the way they are.

Arsh seems to support this even if he doesn't fully agree with it. I don't really understand that but it is what it is.

His main beef seems to be the dumping of a lot of films at LGF, something I'm sure that many of us aren't too excited about either.

They see this trend extending to Warzone and the thought of that angers them. I empathize with that.

Guys, your fight seems more like it should be with Joe Drake, not with us.

The problem is that I think we ourselves could have shown support on some of these fronts had the initial attack not been launched.

But therein lies the problem. It started with a smack in the face.

I personally am not the slightest bit interested in an internet name-calling, slander war. If they want to preach what assholes we are on their own site then let them.

Intelligent people will be able to sift through the garbage. Just don't bring it here.

As for us, let us be above it. Please refrain from further personal attacks. I got no personal beef with a lot of their members.

If you are pissed at Kev that's one thing. But I do not consider it to be us against them.

Thanks - TB