The Punisher: WarZone

Tim Bradstreet

Dude what Trailer did you watch?

Almost EVERY frame was fuckin insane.

Seriousness has been completely thrown out the window. Literally.

LOL

I loved RAMBO - specifically for the insanity of the violence in it.

That's why I CAN enjoy Warzone.

Jane must have been like "You fuckin kiddin me???"

Stevenson is fuckin throwing people around like The Russian, Hutchison is eating human entrails, people's faces are getting caved in like blueberry pie, West talks like he owns a NYC Pizza parlor...

Now I understand why this film got made. I woulda done it. Its a risk though because people today want "Smart Matt Damon Action."

This will be fun.

-TL

"Serious" is a relative term.

When I say "serious" here, I don't mean dark, dramatic tension. I just mean it isn't as overt in its dark humour as the head explosion ala Scanners is.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, all this just makes me LESS inclined to want to see it on a big screen. I'm curious to see the movie, but I don't enjoy mega-gore spewing all over the place larger than life. That being said, when we watched Underworld: Evolution on DVD, my son and I had great fun stopping and starting the part where Marcus is chopped up by the helicopter blades. That was, however, on a TV screen. Apparently, I prefer my gore in smaller than life portions. :mellow:

k-skye

Jane said this shoulda gone straight to video, so its funny you say that Kwiat.

I honestly can't picture him doing this.

He's a physical actor but I know he has no love for the big 80s guys like Dolph and Arnold.

Those guys had no problem chopping arms off and snapping necks.

I think Stevenson fits that profile and perhaps after seeing the film, I'll start to get into him.

There's a shot of him in the "R" Trailer were he's crying while his family lies dead in his arms - VERY impressive.

The action shots I'm not yet sold on.

If GOD wants me to love the Warzone franchise he'll arrange for Dolph to be the villain in Part II.

-TL

LGF is really playing to it's audience on this one. I'm thinking what they saw was a violent comic book (although dark and serious, the suits only hear "comic" book) and went all out on what I feel is going to be a great throwback to the 80's action and body count films. Plus, if you looks at LGF tack record for cash, Saw, Hostel, ect..., all spawning countless sequels, it's easy to see why it's gore filled. Bread and butter.

Lookin through different Boards, alotta the fans are very dissapointed with what the film turned out to be.

They expected this Grade "A" Dark Knight kinda Punisher movie (Like our very own Frederic Doss) and got this 80s gore fest.

I knew it couldn't POSSIBLY be any more certifiable than Hensleigh's film with the script it was packin.

What I didn't know was that they were going in the Robert Rodriguez Planet Terror direction and making it as campy and cheesy as possible.

That got my attention.

Any serious film maker that can make a non-serious action film in 2008 has my respect.

Jane's movie was an attempt at making The Punisher an "A" movie, and that idea made very little money.

Warzone is a dead on "B" movie that I'm sure will make just about the same as RAMBO ($40 Million) which also came out in the Winter.

-TL

Well the pics are sweet Nomad. Did you get a chance to ask questions to Street?

Back on War Zone:

I can't wait to see all the limbs flying. I hope there's as much gore as Rambo. This is definitely an 80'd type film. These are the films I miss the most.

Well the pics are sweet Nomad. Did you get a chance to ask questions to Street?

Back on War Zone:

I can't wait to see all the limbs flying. I hope there's as much gore as Rambo. This is definitely an 80'd type film. These are the films I miss the most.

Yeah. We chatted a bit...VERY nice guy, Tim is!

I'm just leaving San Diego for home. Will try to summarise it later and to add more candids of them both. I know Tom is considered good-looking, and he IS, but it was Tim who stole my heart. :P Maybe it was that backwards baseball hat thing, and the sincere expression in his eyes. B)

Nomad

Its obvious what happened.

LGF received negative reactions to the film due to the 80s vibe and wants to repair the damage now.

Which I think blows.

The powers at be probably said "What the fuck is this? 1989???" and want something done about it.

After The Dark Knight and Jackman's X-Men Origins: Wolverine looking like 2009's jackpot, its only natural Warzone isn't getting a good reception.

This may also indicate that ALOT of the gore will be cut from the final film.

Just when I was starting to like this.

Let's wait to hear from Steve Gainer,

-TL

Its obvious what happened.

LGF received negative reactions to the film due to the 80s vibe and wants to repair the damage now.

Which I think blows.

The powers at be probably said "What the fuck is this? 1989???" and want something done about it.

After The Dark Knight and Jackman's X-Men Origins: Wolverine looking like 2009's jackpot, its only natural Warzone isn't getting a good reception.

This may also indicate that ALOT of the gore will be cut from the final film.

Just when I was starting to like this.

Let's wait to hear from Steve Gainer,

-TL

The article mentions that they jettisoned the composer of the film and are replacing the current soundtrack with metal bullshit.

This is fuckin stupid. Why fuck it up? Why scale it back? Leave it the fuck alone. Let the blood splash dude!

Rambo and Saving Private Ryan and all of Lions Gates' Saw films can have all the gore in the world but Punisher can't?

LGF sounds very quick on the draw about booting Lexi.

That makes me think about the fact that technically Castle reverted back to Marvel in January...

Maybe that's why they don't give a shit.

I hope Lexi's original cut makes it to DVD.

-TL

Why would they say she's on her honeymoon of all things? LIARS?

If a bunch of execs are gonna stomp all over the film, at least don't lie to our faces like that. They should've owned up to it or something.

We're not stupid.

I actually don't think they're going to tone it down any, if they were they probably wouldn't have shown that music video at Comic Con. Now they might go back and re-shoot stuff or just butcher the thing in the editing room.

I know some people complained about Siliotto score in the last movie, they are gonna be pissed off about the nu-metal.

As for Honeymoon stuff, she may gotten married so they just used that as an excuse.

Well I think the SDCC footage was approved by Lexi since this transpired after.

This whole thing seems to be a bad raction from LGF to the reaction of power players that saw the clip.

I've been all over different boards today and alotta people are calling the movie "Cheesy", "Shit", "Unrealistic" after seeing the music vid.

I think Lexi took a terrible script and had some fun with it by making it campy and bloody.

I like those things and alot of other people do too.

Unfortunately the people that don't seem to be running LGF.

*Stallone's RAMBO may have gotten away with that level of 80s gore because he served as 40% of the distribution budget.

-TL