The Punisher: WarZone

Tim Bradstreet

Irish, IRON MAN and The Incredible Hulk are both MARVEL.

Marvel isn't gonna compete against Marvel.

Plus, The Incredible Hulk is technically a sequel to IRON MAN.

Why? Because RDJ was in the movie for four seconds? Just because it takes place in the same universe does not make it a sequel. Iron Man 2 is a sequel to Iron Man. That statement makes no sense.

2005 - FANTASTIC 4 vs Batman Begins aka MARVEL vs DC. DC won.

2006 - X-Men: The Last Stand vs Superman Returns aka MARVEL vs DC. Marvel won.

2008 - IRON MAN vs The Dark Knight aka MARVEL vs DC. Who will win???

You follow?

Uh... I say they both win. Simply cause they both are gonna make over half a billion dollars? They are not competing at all unless you're looking at it through a fanboy lens. They were released two and a half months apart. No film is in competition unless they're released on the same weekend or within one week of each other. It is ludicrous to say that two films released two and a half months apart are in competition. Unless you're in it for the bragging rights. I'm just happy that we're getting two fantastic "superhero" films this summer. Both companies are gonna make over a half billion dollars. Once you reach that point, I think industry competition like Marvel vs. DC becomes moot.

-TL

Just because Mike prefers Hellboy to TDK does not make his rep shit. Everyone has their own tastes. Don't insult a person, he's entitled to his opinion.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsh for the 80TH TIME - Don't reply or comment on my posts to other people.

If you wanna talk to me when I'm directing my posts at someone else, address the subject at hand.

Mike's lost his fuckin brain by saying HELLBOY II is better than The Dark Knight (which he hasn't seen).

Do you think HELLBOY II is better than The Dark Knight?

The answer to that question is the only reply I will accept. Anything else is gonna annoy me - like your last post defending Mike. The man can speak for himself.

As for your thoughts on The Incredible Hulk not being a sequel to IRON MAN technically...

Dude, stop being so fuckin dissagreable!

You know GOD DAMN well that these films (IRON MAN, The Incredible Hulk) are all chapters that lead up to THE AVENGERS movie.

What a fuckin need to argue you have man.

As for your thoughts on the MARVEL vs DC film war...

You didn't even contribute to the discussion. You think Kevin Feige is happy about The Dark Knight potentially beating IRON MAN to a pulp in the Box Office???

Why do you think Warner Bros. and DC shut down Bryan Singer's Superman Returns follow up twice before renegotiations???

In case you forgot, DC and MARVEL have been duking it out for 60 years. In 2005, they entered the Box Office arena.

I can't believe you even contested that concept.

Look Arsh, I like a good discussion. I do. But you are not even trying anymore. You're just gonna naysay everything I say regardless of your argument having no backbone.

Fred, I posted all those numbers and dates JUST FOR YOU buddy. What are your thoughts on the matter now?

-TL

Arsh for the 80TH TIME - Don't reply or comment on my posts to other people.

Actually, it's like... the second time.

If you wanna talk to me when I'm directing my posts at someone else, address the subject at hand.

Alright, fine... sorry.

Mike's lost his fuckin brain by saying HELLBOY II is better than The Dark Knight (which he hasn't seen).

Well, that's your opinion...

Do you think HELLBOY II is better than The Dark Knight?

I haven't seen either, but at the moment I'm gonna say The Dark Knight will be better, but I expect different things out of the two of them. With TDK I expect a true crime epic, and with Hellboy 2, I expect a lighter, more fantastic fare. You can't compare them very well.

The answer to that question is the only reply I will accept. Anything else is gonna annoy me - like your last post defending Mike. The man can speak for himself.

Fine, fine... I'll try to stop, I'm just saying.

As for your thoughts on The Incredible Hulk not being a sequel to IRON MAN technically...

Dude, stop being so fuckin dissagreable!

I'm not being disagreeable. They are part of the same universe, that I acknowledge. But they are not sequels. That's like saying that an issue of the Hulk that has Iron Man in it for one panel is a sequel to an Iron Man comic from the month before.

You know GOD DAMN well that these films (IRON MAN, The Incredible Hulk) are all chapters that lead up to THE AVENGERS movie.

What a fuckin need to argue you have man.

Pot calling the kettle black...

They are chapters, but they aren't sequels. They are parts of different franchises. Iron Man 2 is a sequel to Iron Man. TIH2 will be a sequel to TIH.

As for your thoughts on the MARVEL vs DC film war...

You didn't even contribute the discussion. You think Kevin Feige is happy about The Dark Knight potentially beating IRON MAN to a pulp in the Box Office???

Are you serious? Why would Feige give a shit? Iron Man isn't even in the top 10 box office anymore. Everyone knew that The Dark Knight would win pretty much the entire damn summer.

Why do you think Warner Bros. and DC shut down Bryan Singer's Superman Returns follow up twice before renegotiations???

Fuck if I know, I hated Superman Returns.

In case you forgot, DC and MARVEL have been duking it out for 60 years. In 2005, they entered the Box Office arena.

I can't believe you even contested that concept.

I suppose I don't subscribe to that concept. See, I don't care if a film is DC or Marvel... I just want a good goddamn film. People should concentrate on that rather then the DC/Marvel dick swinging competition.

Look Arsh, I like a good discussion. I do. But you are not even trying anymore. You're just gonna naysay everything I say regardless of your argument having no backbone.

I wouldn't say I naysay everything. Sometimes I agree with you, sometimes I don't. I just happen to disagree with you more often than not. I'm not doing it on purpose, that's just how I feel. It isn't personal, man.

Fred, I posted all those numbers and dates JUST FOR YOU buddy. What are your thoughts on the matter now?

-TL

Guest AdminGuyX

No there isn't Fred. You're crazy. Crazy as a shithouse rat. Loony. Bent.

So . . . other than the blurry bigfootesue picture TL posted, do we have any information on what Jigsaw is to look like in this film?

Is he the only villian?

You know, the trailer that I saw in the theater had a few extra shots in it over what has been posted online.

Anybody else see it in the theater?

ray%20punish.jpg

Well, the villains are supposed to be Jigsaw West and his retard brother Jimmy.

I saw the Trailer in the theatre Noeland (unfortunately).

My reaction was - SUPERSIZED CHEESE W/ EXTRA MAYONNAISE.

There are very few shots I found interesting.

As I said earlier, the only frame that caught my eye was Castle about to open fire on the hoods...

raystevenson10bbp5.jpg

Everything else is sooo colorful.

-TL

No there isn't Fred. You're crazy. Crazy as a shithouse rat. Loony. Bent.

So . . . other than the blurry bigfootesue picture TL posted, do we have any information on what Jigsaw is to look like in this film?

Is he the only villian?

There's also Pittsy, Ink and Loony Bin Jim.

And then they completely wasted Maginty from Kitchen Irish, and the Bulats from The Slavers are pretty much wasted too. These characters were basically put in for "fan wank".

I think they just wanted to go, "see this is MAX, look at all comic book characters we have from it." They take villains that were great in their own right, and relegate them to nothing. It's kinda the reverse Harry Heck, where that character lasted longer in the movie than the comic.

Guest FADoss

Harry Heck was the SHIT! Very well done Punisher villain. Very well done fight scene. So was the Russian. We needed MORE of that and less Howard Saint.

Fred

Hensleigh made Harry Heck who he was in the movie. Marc Collie did a great job playing the character. In the Welcome Back Frank series, Heck was in and out of the comic in mere seconds. If everyone remembers that clearly, he was one of the hitmen hired to kill Castle and Heck was supposed to be a badass being able to dodge a bullet. So Castle goes up to him while he's lighting a cigarette in his car while Castle let's us know he "Dodged a bullet, but not 30" and pumps him with a uzi. Badass!

-Raffi

Yeah, and that's basically the opposite of what's happening with War Zone. Where Hensleigh expanded a character who had about 4 panel's in the comic. And Maginity and the Bulats, characters who's arcs went all the way through their respective stories are pretty much cannon fodder for Frank. They show, they die

They were gonna die regardless but, here they aren't crazy or sadistic motherfuckers they were in the comic. Like I said before the only reason they're in this movie is for the "see this is MAX, look at all comic book characters we have from it."

Warzone is such a letdown.

Sometimes I honestly can't believe this is where the franchise went after Hensleigh's film.

If 4 years ago someone told me the next Punisher movie was gonna star a bunch of nobodies, was gonna be directed by another nobody and was gonna be made to look like something Joel Schumaker would concoct, I would think that someone was joking.

I was only 10 when Batman Forever came out so I guess I didn't bitch about it as much. I still hated it though.

This shoulda been a step up from the last one. Fuck that - 10 STEPS.

-TL