The Punisher: WarZone

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a nitpick, but I can't believe they've apparently left the Hitler/Hannibal Lector in hell line in the movie. I would have thought they would have fixed that one, you know because Hannibal Lector is a fictional character.

It's a nitpick, but I can't believe they've apparently left the Hitler/Hannibal Lector in hell line in the movie. I would have thought they would have fixed that one, you know because Hannibal Lector is a fictional character.

Well, uh, so is Looney Bin Jim! :unsure:

It just doesn't make sense to me.

ok, well its not supposed to be literal and its only your fault that your seeing that way

Im pretty sure no one is really dumb enough to say that and be serious about hannibal lector being in hell

its all a big metaphor for "this guy is very bad"

Sloppy writing then.

ugh, frustrating

your completley missing the point

its written WELL because it very clearly EXPLAINS that LBJ is the most evil son of a bitch alive, its something you can pick up on very easily and makes perfect sense

its baffling that you find things wrong, when there is nothing wrong

Soap's interview confirmed that Frank in this movie was a "Special Forces Instructor" and the Central Park scene has his family a witness to a mob execution. I think this means we'll see the entire massacre of his family instead of quick flashes, this will strengthen the impact for sure. And as a Special Forces instructor, would be nice if we could see a glimpse of Frank teaching a class, perhaps a student asking him about 'Nam.

Guest AdminGuyX
It just doesn't make sense to me.

Not only is he a fictional character, but Lector has not been killed in the movies, or the books, to my knowledge. SO, it really doesn't make any sense to say he's in hell.

its all a big metaphor for "this guy is very bad"

Granted, I don't know the context of the line, but it seems to me there are better ways to compare evil doers that makes sense, and has more impact and bite to it.

its baffling that you find things wrong, when there is nothing wrong

Well, this is a matter of opinion. Getting frustrated over Mike's opinion is only going to lead to more in-fighting, which we're trying to avoid.

Wow...I had a whole response on here disappear

Guys, lets avoid these kinds of posts please. Come on Fred. If you have a question, concern, or problem, contact the admin and we'll discuss it.

Not only is he a fictional character, but Lector has not been killed in the movies, or the books, to my knowledge. SO, it really doesn't make any sense to say he's in hell.

your kidding me right? your going to take this that literally aswell?

I wish I had a counter for how many things are wrong with this movie *rolls eyes*

Guest AdminGuyX
your kidding me right? your going to take this that literally aswell?

We're not going to play this game.

You need to consider a more respectful method of interacting with other members, and stop posting baiting questions and disapprovals of other members opinions that will only lead to arguments.

There are ways to disagree that are respectful and can spur respectful discussion.

I wish I had a counter for how many things are wrong with this movie *rolls eyes*

Roll your eyes all you want, it's not going to change opinions or feelings about the movie. That means you need to find a way to DISCUSS this film with people who don't agree with you.

It's not what's right or wrong. We're chatting about likes and dislikes here, and everyone is entitled to them.

I don't have a problem with you liking the film, or posting that you like what you see. I hope this becomes your very favorite film ever made. That's not going to automatically make it everyone elses favorite film.

Discuss what you like, and don't ask me if I'm kidding you like you want to start arguments.

It's annoying to hear a nitpick when you love something, easy to dismiss someone as a troll or idiot. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, if you like it, who cares if someone else doesn't, and how boring would things be if everyone had the same perspective?! As a strong supporter of this movie, I think Mike V's "Hannibal" complaint is fair judgment. I loved the script as a whole, but to be honest it had lazy writing in some key spots. It won't bother me any bit on film, but its understandable for someone who looks into things deeper (like Mike) to recognize these flaws.

I really hate playing catch up to a bunch of little fights that have the chance to turn into some other big shit. Let's get over this bridge and get back on track here guys.

Orrrrrr we can just wait another week and a half and start having a real conversation on how we thought the film was.

Orrrrrr we can just wait another week and a half and start having a real conversation on how we thought the film was.

Good idea. I wish I thought seeing the film would change things, though. I don't have the sense that many minds will change. Those of us who want to like it probably will to some extent and the others won't.

I've seen and been in many passionate arguments about the merits of films that have been SEEN. But never have I seen so much energy spent on a film we have NOT seen. Is this NORMAL? I ask because I really don't know. This is the first film I have followed so passionately and for so fooking LONG.

I don't at all understand the negative passions or what purpose they serve. When I think I won't like something, I ignore it and move on to something I think I WILL like. It's a lot more fun to feel a sense of positive anticipation than it is to be hating on something that I could easily avoid if I chose. I suppose the payoff for the negativity would be to see the film, have my negativity confirmed, and then feel a sense of justification. Also with that attitude, I would avoid feeling disappointment.

I WANT to like this film. But I MAY feel disappointed. Even if I do, there will be some things about it I will like. But I'd rather go into it feeling that sense of hope and positive antipication because that attitude allows for the possibility that I will feel JOY. It's worth it to risk feeling disappointed, because JOY is something often in short supply.

Nomad

Nice post Nomad -

Passion is a fickle mistress (or paramour). I see a lot of the negativity as passionate disapproval over certain elements of the film. And why shouldn't that passion be every bit as valid as the positive? Taking Warzone out of the equation for a second, there are many topics that ignite people's feelings both positively and negatively. In the case of an adaptation of an existing character such as the Punisher it's very difficult to please everybody. But it's a microcosm right? I mean look at the recent Presidential elections.

It can be annoying to folks on the other side of the fence to be sure, but that's a two-way street. Who's to define who's right and who's wrong? It all comes down to personal taste ;)

I think it's fine to discuss, debate, and even argue about, but pointing fingers and making it personal is where we gotta draw the line.

We're all hypocrites whether we would admit that or not. I know I've railed about a certain subject before and then changed my mind. I have absolutely no problem eating crow (and chasing it with Wild Turkey). If it's a subject/character/project I'm passionate about then I like to share my feelings whether positive or negative. And as such I'm speaking to the material, not questioning someone else's like or dislike for it.

As for other topics stirring such heated debate prior to release I need look no farther than 2004's Punisher film ;)

We should try to find an archive somewhere and do some re-reading. I didn't participate too much with that though I did lurk the Hype, Continuum, and a few other boards around that time. "Heated debate" would be putting it mildly ;)

I'd like to keep this a bit less heated if possible.

Fred - The argument that necessitated your post was deleted. The ensuing backlash (including your post) was no longer relevant to what survived the edit. Please take solace in the fact that your comments were heard by the member they were directed at.

Cleaning up sections of this thread has happened before and it will happen again. Nature of the beast.

- TB

I love it when you flex! LOL

Nice post Nomad -

Passion is a fickle mistress (or paramour). I see a lot of the negativity as passionate disapproval over certain elements of the film. And why shouldn't that passion be every bit as valid as the positive? Taking Warzone out of the equation for a second, there are many topics that ignite people's feelings both positively and negatively. In the case of an adaptation of an existing character such as the Punisher it's very difficult to please everybody. But it's a microcosm right? I mean look at the recent Presidential elections.

It can be annoying to folks on the other side of the fence to be sure, but that's a two-way street. Who's to define who's right and who's wrong? It all comes down to personal taste ;)

I think it's fine to discuss, debate, and even argue about, but pointing fingers and making it personal is where we gotta draw the line.

We're all hypocrites whether we would admit that or not. I know I've railed about a certain subject before and then changed my mind. I have absolutely no problem eating crow (and chasing it with Wild Turkey). If it's a subject/character/project I'm passionate about then I like to share my feelings whether positive or negative. And as such I'm speaking to the material, not questioning someone else's like or dislike for it.

As for other topics stirring such heated debate prior to release I need look no farther than 2004's Punisher film ;)

We should try to find an archive somewhere and do some re-reading. I didn't participate too much with that though I did lurk the Hype, Continuum, and a few other boards around that time. "Heated debate" would be putting it mildly ;)

I'd like to keep this a bit less heated if possible.

Fred - The argument that necessitated your post was deleted. The ensuing backlash (including your post) was no longer relevant to what survived the edit. Please take solace in the fact that your comments were heard by the member they were directed at.

Cleaning up sections of this thread has happened before and it will happen again. Nature of the beast.

- TB