The Punisher: WarZone

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AdminGuyX
Yeah so I never saw Aliens..... sue me

This was voted the best action film ever made last year by cinescape, and it's 22 years old. That means it's pretty fuckin' good, so you should probably seek it out my friend.

You ARE missing something special.

Aliens is definitely one of the most bad ass sci-fi action flicks ever (second only to Alien of course). Please don't feel like we're forcing you to watch it, but we really do think you'll love it.

I mean, uh, Warzone is...well...I'm not sure yet.

"Game over, man! Game over!"

I saw Alien last year for the first time all the way through. It wasn't bad. Especially for the time it was released. I just haven't gotten around to seeing Aliens yet. There's a lot of great films I've missed out on. I'll get there though.

I wan't more War Zone tv spots

Aliens is definitely one of the most bad ass sci-fi action flicks ever (second only to Alien of course). Please don't feel like we're forcing you to watch it, but we really do think you'll love it.

I mean, uh, Warzone is...well...I'm not sure yet.

"Game over, man! Game over!"

I think SECOND to Alien is pushing it. Alien was great, but ALIENS was fucking amazing!!!

Guest AdminGuyX

OK, lets not get off on an debate about the Alien franchise.

Alien and Aliens are very different kinds of movies. Alien isn't an action film, it's a gothic horror film on a spaceship. Aliens is vietnam in space.

BOTH films are absolutely excellent, just in different ways.

Back to WAR ZONE please.

:P

I'm sure you guys have already noticed this but Myspace is advertising the hell out of War Zone. You can get profile skins and wallpaper and stuff:

www.myspace.com/punisherwarzone

With apologies to Noeland and this thread . . .

I saw Alien last year for the first time all the way through. It wasn't bad.

It wasn't bad?

Raff, I don't quite know how to say this . . .

Perhaps it's because the film has been ripped off hundreds of times in the last 29 years that maybe it didn't hit you as hard as it could and should.

I don't know. All I do know is that Alien is a film and a concept that many many very talented people (and lots who are not so talented) have tried to duplicate since it first hit screens. It's very possibly the Citizen Kane of Sci-Fi horror films, of genre films in general. It's been borrowed from more times than a savings an loan institution.

And let's not forget there would be no Aliens without Alien. Ridley Scott's horror masterpiece is the Holy Grail of quality everyone reaches for.

It wasn't that bad?

Respectfully, I worry for our youth ;)

- TB

I decided to check the preview for The Punisher MAX's issue #64 today. If this is too out of topic then I apologize.

Am I the only one who hasn't bothered reading this since Ennis left? I read issue #61 and some of the previews that came after that, but the IGN review of #64 said it best "The book's true sense of maturity - emotional maturity, not situational - departed along with Garth Ennis."

I can't help but feel that I'm reading some sort of comic book aimed at 13 year olds who love violence. Ennis wrote about things that happen in real life like the Slavers story arc, BORN was amazing as well. Yet after he left all we've been getting is a generic Punisher kills the bad guys plot.

This wouldn't be a bad thing since Welcome Back, Frank was amazing. However, WBF kept things fresh by having many characters and various plots going on at the same time. Girls in White Dresses just feels... generic. The plot boils down to a group of people killing girls, am I supposed to feel angry and go "Oh god I hope Frank kills them!"? Because making antagonists kill children to show how evil they are is the most unoriginal thing you can do (it was already bad enough in Man of Stone).

OK, lets not get off on an debate about the Alien franchise.

Alien and Aliens are very different kinds of movies. Alien isn't an action film, it's a gothic horror film on a spaceship. Aliens is vietnam in space.

BOTH films are absolutely excellent, just in different ways.

Back to WAR ZONE please.

:P

Fully agreed, but "Aliens" is more up my alley. More from me on War Zone on 6 Dec. :)