The Punisher: WarZone

Tim Bradstreet

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah, the old "let's find some random photo to attempt to prove a point" tactic. Very original :rolleyes:. We have yet to see him FROM THE MOVIE, in which I'm guessing he won't be walking around topless half the time for no reason ;)

There is always a reason; primarily, to show that this is a man who takes care of himself because he has work to do...

The shot of Ray Stevenson with Lexi Alexander and the stunt double is more or less what Ray is gonna look like as Frank...They only gave him about a month to train, and most of that training was military/weapons training with marines I think. From what I've heard he didnt have much time at all to weight train like TJ did.

It's not that he's little, because he's not. He's just not defined.

He's a tall guy, which gives him a towering look - but he isn't big.

I say that from being surrounded by fellow wrestlers/bodybuilders that I see and hang out with everyday.

I have many friends that are 6'4"/6'5" and they're packin serious muscle despite their epic heights.

This guy is your typical tall Brit with no extra muscle mass.

Its not just a lack of definition, its a lack of width and lean muscle.

I don't think he saw the point in training since he was doing a quick shoot and was gonna be covered up most of the time.

*Justaguy1984, Legacyofbrutality is right.

THAT picture is FROM THE MOVIE.

They only had 40 shooting days and that was taken on one of them.

-TL

Incidentally, that cabled stunt double is non other than Jeff Wolfe, super-cool guy.

Tom O'Brien is only 3 years younger than Ray.

That photo posted of O'Brien earlier is about as flattering as the one of Ray.

Out of context, out of character. Both have silly looks on their faces.

Not exactly how we see Frank right?

Ray's a big guy. If he did train and put on some muscle he'd be stone cold.

- tb

I just think it's funny that the stunt guy is wearing the Jane skull.

Did he double Tom in the 04 flick?

Naw it wasnt him it was some other guy... I forget his name, but I was watching DVD on TV on the FX channel and it was a different dude.

Incidentally, that cabled stunt double is non other than Jeff Wolfe, super-cool guy.

Tom O'Brien is only 3 years younger than Ray.

That photo posted of O'Brien earlier is about as flattering as the one of Ray.

Out of context, out of character. Both have silly looks on their faces.

Not exactly how we see Frank right?

Ray's a big guy. If he did train and put on some muscle he'd be stone cold.

- tb

I think O'Brien's 50 inch pythons give him an edge in his photo though.

Ah, the old "let's find some random photo to attempt to prove a point" tactic. Very original :rolleyes:.

'justaguy' - actually, if you gotta know, i was inspired to dig up this photo after reading an article written by HENRY ROLLINS that an old trainer of mine sent me - Marshall Tully from FULL BLAST PERSONAL TRAINING http://www.fullblastblog.blogspot.com/ out of Toronto. anyone in need of a good dose of inspiration should check it out. it's been reprinted HERE:

http://www.oldtimestrongman.com/henryrollins_iron.html

Henry Rollins is my pic for best guy to play Francis C. living today. read the essay and try to disagree. Just try it.

Yeah, seriously? You've never even heard of Black Flag, how is that possible?

That was him in Heat though. You should probably check out The Henry Rollins Show, it's got good interviews coupled with some great music most of the time.

I seen him here and there, but the guy never really caught my eye.

-TL

TL, you have really missed out. Aside from his broad ranging knowledge base and overwhelming intelligence, Henry Rollins is possibly one of the funniest humans alive. He can take the most fucked up tragic things that have happened in his life, and have you still pissing your pants a week later. Do yourself a favor, and dig into his career. As far as Black Flag, you will either love it or hate it. That's on you.

Joe

ah man - a racing film would be sweet. i always wanted to do a film based on the old Bruce Springsteen song, Racing in the Street.

How do you make it cool again like Steve McQueen in Le Mans instead of shit-kicker entertainment like Nascar that won't fill a theatre? Has the gaming industry already commanded the street racing revenue stream? I am sure the pockets behind Indy and F1 would pop backing for the right project that would bring licensing revenue back up. That could be a monster project. Imax release using the camera rigs you used for Dark Country. Nothing life asphalt an inch away going by at 200 mph. First person perspective on a high speed crash. Something more than Bud fueled Nascar fans or a chica on the hood of a souped-up Honda. What would make it step out of the pack?

Joe

Bogart's my hero.

let's not forget Harrison Ford, who won fame with STAR WARS in his late 30's - wasn't it? it really does seem like its pure luck , doesn't it?

i mean if Mutant Chronicles had been a truly great film like star wars - then we'd all be seeing some pretty great shit starring me right now, wouldn't we? but because that and other films i've starred in are low budget and not particularly successful - that's what we've got right now...

i know my hearts in the right place - and i've got some films that people want to see under my belt and coming up - but getting to that place where everyone is singing our universal praises and we're still doing the weird, so called 'esoteric' 'personal' action flicks i wanna do - that's all Box Office. and i just haven't found that film yet. or it hasn't found me. yet...

ideas?

TJ

Deep six this if you don't want to reply. You know you are the only one that can answer your question, right? You have got lead role acting, directing, screen writing, comic writing and innovative film production all under your belt. Which of these do you like the best? If one of them is the winner, and you can practically pull it off as a livelihood, why aren't you chasing it with 100% of your professional effort? You don't have the immediate name recognition of Harrison Ford, but you say Thomas Jane to most people, and they say Punisher and/or Mist. What's the goal here? You are ahead of 99.9% of actors that make a living acting. Your wife is super well known, and in interviews seems to regret the lack of privacy that fame has created. When you take your daughter out for icecream, do you want the same? Could a professional win for you instead be having a career like a Derek Jacobi, recognized for excellence in every role, but not an "in your face" celebrity? Maybe the esoteric flicks are what you are doing, because they are what you like to do. If you can determine what is successful for you, and it works for you and your family, fuck the noise of the rest of the industry, and do that. You are way more productive than most, and you turn out quality results. Don't beat yourself up over people too ignorant to recognize that.

Joe

'justaguy' - actually, if you gotta know, i was inspired to dig up this photo after reading an article written by HENRY ROLLINS that an old trainer of mine sent me - Marshall Tully from FULL BLAST PERSONAL TRAINING http://www.fullblastblog.blogspot.com/ out of Toronto. anyone in need of a good dose of inspiration should check it out. it's been reprinted HERE:

http://www.oldtimestrongman.com/henryrollins_iron.html

Henry Rollins is my pic for best guy to play Francis C. living today. read the essay and try to disagree. Just try it.

That's funny, i had said for years that Henry should play Frank, he's got the look, the build, the fucking intensity--the man would have owned.

And we're not the only ones who think so, someone over at 'The Punisher Archives' (ThePunisher.com) posted a pic recently where they photo-shopped Henry's head onto a bust of Frank, looks killer. i'll have to see if i can find it again.

That article--'The Iron'--is actually the one that inspired me, when i first read it years ago, to get my shit together and start lifting.

Archived