The Punisher: WarZone

Tim Bradstreet

From Noeland - "If they remake Blade Runner, or do the sequel (the writers of Eagle Eye?) brother you're the ONLY actor who could do Rick Deckard justice in this day and age."

Buddy I can't tell you how many times I've said that Jane reminds me of a younger Harrison Ford.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna be honest, after seeing Duke's costume for G.I. Joe, I'm glad Jane passed on it. If they went with the original costumes -the basic military ACU's- it woulda been awesome to see Jane play Duke. If they included Flint in the mix and had Mark Wahlberg, that would have been a sweet tandem. They decided to go with space uniforms though. The only people who look good is Snake Eyes and Hawk.

-Raf

After today, I'm removing any further posts that don't discuss the film, actors, comics, or merchandise in some capacity

We're almost up to page 200 here, and how much of this thread is actually about Punisher War Zone?

DISCUSS THE FILM.

work your magik...

I'm dying to review this movie.

There's gonna be a press screening on December 2nd that I will be attending FOR FREE and that night at around 10:30 PM Eastern, I'll be posting my reaction to this embarrassing crapola.

I spoke to some of the press guys down here for The New Times and The Miami Herald, and they're expecting Double Whopper with cheese.

I'm expecting .99 cent gas station burrito.

6 weeks to go.

-TL

Damn, i can't wait to read your review; that would be the perfect way to see this movie--for free, no shelling out your hard-earned cash, and you get to tell the world (namely us) how bad it undoubtedly is.

I'm looking forward to your review too. But I think i'll wait until i've seen the film first, I reckon there's gonna be way to many spoilers in it!

I hope I enjoy it just as much as all the negative reviews I read of 300 and Starship Troopers! I loved both those movies and got a real guffaw at the pure indignation some reviewers had for them.

At least I hope I get that kinda fun, i'm still rooting for Warzone. But I didnt like what Lexi had to offer in her clip, I hope to hell that isn't a full scene as if it is, its badly edited. Also I'm not sure about the shots, some seem to lack real tension, but then again the scene where Frank approaches the room full of thugs is classic comic frame ( Although I know the gun nuts are a bit put out by the ensuing explosion, never seen a grenade that does that before. Hope they explain it somehow).

I'm also no big fan of Lexi, I didn't rate Hooligans at all. I had the unfortunate pleasure of living amongst some of "Englands Finest" (One of the scum killed a guy in my local pub). I have no time for glamorising those kind of street thugs.

But I am a HUGE Ray fan! I get the feeling that even if this film leans a bit much towards the cheese counter i'm still gonna get a kick out of watching Ray do some punishing. I remember all those less than impressive Arnie films (Commando, Raw Deal, Red Sonja, Running Man, Red Heat... there are a lot) But I enjoyed them anyway, cos Arnie kicked ass (and I was a lot younger!)

At least I hope I get that kinda fun, i'm still rooting for Warzone. But I didnt like what Lexi had to offer in her clip, I hope to hell that isn't a full scene as if it is, its badly edited. Also I'm not sure about the shots, some seem to lack real tension, but then again the scene where Frank approaches the room full of thugs is classic comic frame ( Although I know the gun nuts are a bit put out by the ensuing explosion, never seen a grenade that does that before. Hope they explain it somehow).

I'm guessing her reasoning for the explosion, is because Frank can't work in a realistic film because he's just a comic book character. So why should his weapons have too?

And yeah Green Street Hooligans isn't anything special. It basically glorified sociopaths and what they do.

I'm guessing her reasoning for the explosion, is because Frank can't work in a realistic film because he's just a comic book character. So why should his weapons have too?

no matter how you dice it, in the thick of it all there will always be a politically incorrect use of a weapon and ones dexterity. John Woo has proved this time and again. to be so critical is daft.

side note:

Thomas Logan going to Warzone makes me smile. I also take it that this flick will have a theatrical release? w00t! ahh, also looking forward to the review...finally some substance!

Guest AdminGuyX
no matter how you dice it, in the thick of it all there will always be a politically incorrect use of a weapon and ones dexterity. John Woo has proved this time and again. to be so critical is daft.

John Woo has made plenty of shitty films. But, he's never taken on anything like PWZ. His only time working with a previously established character was Mission Impossble 2, and they changed everything about the Ethan Hunt anyway. Might as well of been something original.

Frank Castle has decades of stories under his belt, and many of them are told with real world weapons, tactics, and gravity involved.

And lets face it, Lexi isn't an action director. Had John Woo directed this film, I'd probably love everything he did. He makes it work. He makes the unrealistic gunplay cool and fun to watch. Hard Boiled for instance.

Other times, he makes Paycheck.

It's not the same thing at all.

And lets face it, Lexi isn't an action director.

well that may be true (but i cant see any smalltime director passing on a big project like this...I just can't.), but im in her corner wisher her the best, and hoping this flick does well to further her career.

Yeah, John Dahl passed on it because he thought the script, budget and shooting schedule all sucked. But you know I would liked it he was directing, at least he has a noir film or two on his resume.

TJPrePunisher2.jpg

Yea he didnt get the amount of time to work out and train for WarZone that Jane did for 'The Punisher'...Makes me think more and more that WarZone is a "quick buck" type of movie.

Couldn't agree with ya more.

They go from crime drama to kids movie, from 2 year prepped actor to 2 month prepped actor, from the writer of Die Hard with A Vengeance to the director of Green Street Hooligans.

It doesn't take a genius to see where this is going.

-TL

They go from crime drama to kids movie, from 2 year prepped actor to 2 month prepped actor, from the writer of Die Hard with A Vengeance to the director of Green Street Hooligans.

-TL

If only...

-TL

Another half nude pic of a guy? The evidence is piling up :P. I'm just teasing you. Tom was great as Frank, but I really think Ray resembles the MAX version.

Tom O'brien is more or less in better shape but he's not as big as you think. But it bothers me like crazy that Stevenson didn't juice up with the time he had.

Archived