The Punisher: WarZone

I don't think there is such a thing as a roundhouse punch my friend, but I know which shot you're talking about.

To be honest, it looked like windmill punching to me, which is just a joke. Have you ever been in a fight with a guy who windmills? Your side will hurt from laughing before it will from being punched. if they actually hit you anyway.

;)

I think Mike is right too. Didn't Gale mention something about them amping up the hand to hand combat for this because of Lexi? Something like that. Whatever she said, I don't remember thinking we'd get chairlegs crushing faces.

:)

I have to admit I'm interested to see the context of some of these fights in PWZ, and to see how they play from start to finish, but I also have to admit I'm not expecting much. I'm kind of just interested in seeing what kind of trainwreck this is.

I should go watch the redband/comicon trailer again though.

And BY THE WAY:

If they brought Mick Zeck back for the Punisher in any capacity, I would shit myself.

But for anyone interested:

http://www.mikezeck.com/

DAMNED looks pretty damned good.

a roundhouse punch is just another term occasionally used to describe a haymaker or an overhand right...the punch Frank threw in the trailer looked like more of a closed fisted bitch slap.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the part where someone is jumping off the wall and kicking someone in the face in the redband trailer was definitely not Frank...I wouldve probably shot myself if they had Castle doing all that.

I'm kind of just interested in seeing what kind of trainwreck this is.

Expecting anything.

The chandelier bit may have just been a warning.

*Theatres playing Warzone should have a sign posted up at the door that reads "Ye who enter here, abandon all hope."

-TL

We should be somewhat thankful for the chandelier bit (but not really) because what was originally there...yeesh. I'd love to know if that was Santora or Alexander that thought that one up.

There is a new clip from the movie on the official site, with an intro from Alexander. There's bunch of gunplay that looks alright and the score sounds pretty decent too.

Jesus Christ.

Let me get this straight, they rebooted the franchise to remake the Dolph Lundgren Punisher movie???

That clip is straight outta Goldblatt's film.

Maybe Lexi and co. forgot to watch that film.

*Dolph's action sequences in the '89 film were WAYYYY better than this.

-TL

Guest AdminGuyX

Well, that seals the deal for me.

I can't ever see this.

Not ever.

The Punisher: Spray and Pray.

This clip offends my every tactical sensibility, and makes Frank Castle look like an inept manic nutjob who has no idea what he's doing.

SERIOUSLY, I could rip this small clip to shreds. Everything he does, every action, every move is so very wrong.

Just . . . fuck me.

I can't ever see this.

Jesus Christ.

Let me get this straight, they rebooted the franchise to remake the Dolph Lundgren Punisher movie???

That clip is straight outta Goldblatt's film.

Maybe Lexi and co. forgot to watch that film.

*Dolph's action sequences in the '89 film were WAYYYY better than this.

-TL

i just watched Dolph's again yesterday; it was still silly and still had it moments--although it still makes me a little uncomfortable every time they call him 'Frank Castle', since that wasn't our Frank.

Was at a shoot the other night and someone told me that in person Dolph is really a dick. i said, 'You know who's not a dick? Thomas Jane.'

Well, that seals the deal for me.

I can't ever see this.

Not ever.

The Punisher: Spray and Pray.

This clip offends my every tactical sensibility, and makes Frank Castle look like an inept manic nutjob who has no idea what he's doing.

SERIOUSLY, I could rip this small clip to shreds. Everything he does, every action, every move is so very wrong.

Just . . . fuck me.

I can't ever see this.

Dude, I honestly didn't expect it to be this bad simply because we live in the year 2008.

I was wrong and I am shocked to say that Goldblatt's Punisher, being a product of generic 80s cinema, makes more sense to me than this.

Who knows what Lexi was thinking.

-TL

I think she must have been going for a the bullet ballet - John Woo - dance, spin, slide and shoot thing.

There is a lot of nonsense movement with the spinning to the left and shooting, and spinning to the right and shooting, all from out in the wide open spaces of the hallway like Frank Castle doesn't know about the concept of cover.

And right from the first shot, HOW DOES HE NOT SEE THE GUY? He steps into the open room and literally lets himself get shot in the back, which could have easily been a head shot. Bye Frank. Movies over.

Then, the guy stops shooting, stands there out in the open and waits for Frank to get his pistol out and fire back. He'd just empty the gun into the man. He wouldn't fire once, and then stop and watch Frank pull his handgun, spin and fire.

I could go on.

I might as well.

The explosion that threw people out the window? Didn't hurt Frank behind the door? What magic munitions is he using that explodes in the center of the room? There are smart weapons that can trigger an explosive in the center of the room, but only if you us a laser to tag the distance.

And also, what was going on there? Just a bunch of gang bangers hanging around in a room waiting to get killed? Why would they do that? Why wouldn't they shoot at Frank through the door when he shoved the muzzle of the gun through? Which, incidentally is about as intelligent as shooting into a mirror and killing a kid.

It's just nonsense.

BAH!!!!!

I'm not even sure this will appeal to the idiot crowd, man.

I've been reading through other boards, and even the 20 year olds are voicing a negative reaction to this disturbingly bad clip.

I have to agree with you when you say [and coming from me its no surprise] Bye Frank, Franchise is over.

*John Woo's style also felt completely right for its time compared to this.

-TL

I gotta agree with Noeland, one of the things I loved from the 2004 film was when Frank finally got down and dirty at the end the camera would be right behind him and following him.

It's kinda funny, people deride the 2004 film because of the FBI thing and the fact they didn't beat into the ground he was solider, and Frank was more tactical and solider like in that than this it seems.

Also, holy CG explosion Batman!

I gotta agree with Noeland, one of the things I loved from the 2004 film was when Frank finally got down and dirty at the end the camera would be right behind him and following him.

It's kinda funny, people deride the 2004 film because of the FBI thing and the fact they didn't beat into the ground he was solider, and Frank was more tactical and solider like in that then this it seems.

Also, holy CG explosion Batman!

Hell yea that was one of the things I loved about the Punisher in the 04 movie...he fought like a real soldier.

This is going to be an EPIC fail.

The more we see, the worst it looks.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't dump this one on DVD.

*LGF has confidence in the idiot crowd ;)

-TL

Well, they are the studio that is bringing us SAW V this month.... Not to mention SAW VI next year.

Guest AdminGuyX

Well, watching the clip again, I think it's supposed to be that the guy behind the door "pushes" Frank with the door, knocking him forward, and then shooting him. ONCE. So, part of my point still stands there, but I see on watching it again that Frank didn't really step into the room after the guy like I thought he did.

The gang bangers in the room though, they have their guns trained on the door for crying out loud. Granted, he fires the explosive quickly, but still, a few of them would have opened fire on the door.

It's just the whole idea that he's firing blind, like in the comic, shooting into the mirror having no idea what he's shooting at, that really bothers me. Does he KNOW who's in the room and how they are positioned, is Frank a psychic?

I just think that explosive would have shot right through the window and blown up something outside. At the very least, have the round impact the wall behind them and explode.

Am I nitpicking?

one of the things I loved from the 2004 film was when Frank finally got down and dirty at the end the camera would be right behind him and following him.

he fought like a real soldier.

I thought the end action sequence worked pretty good too. Certainly more tactical and logical than this clip, yes.

I can't remember a "spray and pray" moment for Frank in the 04 film.

I'm going to have to sit down and watch it again tonight now, just for kicks.

I just think that explosive would have shot right through the window and blown up something outside. At the very least, have the round impact the wall behind them and explode.

I always thought those went off after an X amount of time in the air or by impact. Is it unheard of for those things to go off after 2 seconds of firing it?

I thought the end action sequence worked pretty good too. Certainly more tactical and logical than this clip, yes.

I can't remember a "spray and pray" moment for Frank in the 04 film.

I'm going to have to sit down and watch it again tonight now, just for kicks.

Another thing I've come to appreciate about that scene is the music that's playing. It starts with that sort of horror movie sounding organ and some strings, and then once the anti-personal goes off it kicks in with some heavy percussion and militaristic drumming.

Guest AdminGuyX

Grenade rounds (fired from a launcher) do not have internal fuses to my knowledge, they explode on impact.

From a practical standpoint, the idea is that you use a grenade luncher to blow shit up that is far away. In this clip, the grenade rounds looks to explode on it's own about 10 feet away from Frank. That would kill him.

They're not designed that way.

This is an example of an MK19 full auto launcher.

This is closer to what Frank's using in the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlFwNU-qUKo

And this is just cool: ;) And it shows some slowed down video so you can see the grenades explode on impact.

Hand Grenades that you have to the pull the pin from, and then release the charging handle (or often called "spoon") have an internal fuse that explodes after a set amount of time. The length of the fuse determines how long it takes to explode once charged.

I know some folks think that you put a hand grenade inside a luncher and it vaults it out like a mortar round or something, but that's not the case.

Frank's looks like he's using the H&K AG36 launcher, but it doesn't look like a 40mm, so it could just be a modified 12 guage flare gun they use in the film because it looks cool. I'd have to do some research on smaller caliber launcher to be sure.

Njc-------------------

You fucking guys!

Let's talk about the clip...

First of all it's LEXI saying everything is OKAY. Did we just MISS that part.

Second, You don't know the context of the scene. Might not be a regular grenade round for instance. Also, this could be an early Frank mission where he just wants to fucking die. He may be a madman at this point.

I thought the clip was pretty cool AND that comparing it in an inferior light to the CRAP that was Lundgren's film is just retarded to say the least.

Again, I'm still seeing it in December and will be smart enough to withhold final judgment until then.

Fred