The Punisher: WarZone

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I kinda tried to look for something about the film to like.

The "R" Trailer brought some Dolphian vibes that I enjoyed, but its the overall concept of us being given a crappy product over what coulda been a great and very dark film that really bothers me.

Warzone represents Hollywood at its worst.

It simply shouldn't be happening.

Not without a good script and not without the men that took Castle seriously.

Lexi took a paycheck and made a cartoon.

Bravo.

-TL

Tiger Shark?

WTF?

I get it now.

You're a fan of the superhero Punisher that wears white boots and hangs out with Captain America.

I think most of us [reasonable] people here want a dark and realistic Frank Castle.

Well, not Fred.

*If you were referencing Kevin Nash as The Russian - I think even the haters of the '04 Punisher loved seeing Nash punish The Punisher.

-TL

I loved that fight, it was awesome. I loved Tom's face when the russian crushed his gun. Priceless. I could never get past the neighbors though. I thought they should have had as much time in the movie as they did in the comic book. I never bought Stamos as Joan, she's too pretty.

your want "realism"??

usually in a senario like the Punisher, we're talking about a low body count and a self inflicted gunshot to the head. that doesnt sell keychains. if the movie resembles the comicbook...have fun.

Not so much realism as believability and not looking like a fucking cartoon. If I want to see the comic I'll read it, this is a film, I want another take.

Mike Mignola gets this concept when it comes to Hellboy, the comic is the comic and the film is another animal completely, animated films included.

this is a film, I want another take.

Mike Mignola gets this concept when it comes to Hellboy, the comic is the comic and the film is another animal completely, animated films included.

- im sure we will.

- and we are left not disappointed.

Guest FADoss
It's a movie, it doesn't have to be like the comic. Some people seem to just fail to understand that.

Mike...we get it. There are PLENTY of vigilante movies out there that are not like the Punisher. THE PUNISHER should be like THE PUNISHER though? Don't ya think? Otherwise let's call it a Death Wish remake and move on...

Fred

Tiger Shark?

WTF?

I get it now.

You're a fan of the superhero Punisher that wears white boots and hangs out with Captain America.

I think most of us [reasonable] people here want a dark and realistic Frank Castle.

Well, not Fred.

*If you were referencing Kevin Nash as The Russian - I think even the haters of the '04 Punisher loved seeing Nash punish The Punisher.

-TL

Yeah, goodness forbid people are fans of the original character. People like me have read that "superhero" Punisher for decades before Ennis got his mitts on the character.

It's one thing to want to see a character like Bushwhacker on screen with the Punisher. But we are talking about wanting to see this guy on screen right?

tsharkxe1.png

He's the only Tiger Shark I could find within Marvel, it would be fucking laughable.

The original character was a costume wearing goomba.

That character evolved into a no holds barred vigilante reminiscent of Charles Bronson, Clint Eastwood and Gibson's MAD MAX.

There are people that wanna see the original spandex wearing superhero, but thanks to a Mr. Garth Ennis ALOT OF US wanna see a REAL man that COULD exist, that COULD bump into you in a dark alley late in the night.

We don't want a superhero.

We want an ANTI-HERO.

THAT was the entire basis for Ennis' run on The Punisher.

REALISM.

Warzone is a fuckin live action cartoon that was shot under the notion it HAD to look like a "Comic Book."

Lexi basically mixed two concepts and came up with a cheeseburger.

Hensleigh and Jane wanted one tone: REALISM.

Nolan took that mindset with The Dark Knight.

Is anybody complaining?

FUCK NO.

-TL

The original character was a costume wearing goomba.

That character evolved into a no holds barred vigilante reminiscent of Charles Bronson, Clint Eastwood and Gibson's MAD MAX.

There are people that wanna see the original spandex wearing superhero, but thanks to a Mr. Garth Ennis ALOT OF US wanna see a REAL man that COULD exist, that COULD bump into you in a dark alley late in the night.

We don't want a superhero.

We want an ANTI-HERO.

THAT was the entire basis for Ennis' run on The Punisher.

REALISM.

Warzone is a fuckin live action cartoon that was shot under the notion it HAD to look like a "Comic Book."

Lexi basically mixed two concepts and came up with a cheeseburger.

Hensleigh and Jane wanted one tone: REALISM.

Nolan took that mindset with The Dark Knight.

Is anybody complaining?

FUCK NO.

-TL

What happened, Mr. Logan? You started to get real optimistic for a while, now you're back to how you were when I first came here.