The Punisher: WarZone

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're hard to find.

The best one was the "Venom Transformation Bust" by Sideshow.

It was half Topher/half Venom.

Awesome.

I payed $65 for it.

-TL

Yeah I saw that one at ComingSoon.net.I really liked that one and the other one of full tranformation Venom:)

Thomas, did you make a pun? :P It's definitly a waste that there is nothing below his waist.

I don't like the idea of a Punisher bust. Because The Punisher is a creature of ACTION and not appropriate as a bust, like some sedentary Roman senator or symphonic composer. It doesn't work for me. Could you imagine a Superman or Batman bust? Of course not!

The comic book stores have another statue of Frank that's been around a long time. I like that one better, even if it's not Ray. They DID get Ray's likeness down pretty good though, neh?

Nomad

... I own a Batman bust.

This is the Transformation Bust...

imgovenomov3.jpg

The Batman busts for Dark Knight are shit.

Bale's head looks like a fuckin helmet.

-TL

Yep.That's the one I saw at ComingSoon.net.I don't know how I forgot about those busts :( I should got one,when they first came out.

I just posted a bunch of these on IMDB, but you guys may like these:

Comic-Con_Ray_Day052.jpg

Comic_Con_Day_2012.jpg

Norse Sage, this one is yours. If you enlarge this, I'll bet you can see what Tim wrote to you. I'm putting it in the mail tomorrow, whatever way gets it to Norway. :blink:

Comic-Con_day_1005.jpg

Nomad

There's a story.

I managed to keep it nice and clean as I ate the burger, but when I crossed the street to Starbucks I ended up taking it for granted and somehow got whip cream on the back sleeve.

Its fine though.

Very interesting read, specially the panels at the end that foreshadow what's to come...Punishment.

The comic shop they have there on Santa Monica Blvd has just about everything.

I remember seeing Punisher #1 (1986) there for $500.

I think it was 9.8 NM.

-TL

I've been hunting down a hard cover copy of Born for about a year and a half now.

No luck.

Well, mine either came from Amazon or from my local comic shop. And I likely bought it in the early to mid summer of 07, whenever it was announced that Ray had the role. The Darick Robertson artwork is amazing. At the end of the book, they have two pages of photo references from Viet Nam in 1969 and another couple of pages of character studies and layouts.

Oh there's something else, too...a copy of a FAX Ennis must have sent to Marvel...a page and a half proposal for Born, which looks like it must have been 4 issues, neh?

Nomad

I've been hunting down a hard cover copy of Born for about a year and a half now.

No luck.

Well, mine either came from Amazon or from my local comic shop. And I likely bought it in the early to mid summer of 07, whenever it was announced that Ray had the role. The Darick Robertson artwork is amazing. At the end of the book, they have two pages of photo references from Viet Nam in 1969 and another couple of pages of character studies and layouts.

Oh there's something else, too...a copy of a FAX Ennis must have sent to Marvel...a page and a half proposal for Born, which looks like it must have been 4 issues, neh?

Nomad

Picture17.jpg

What is this? Oh, it's the drawing Darick Robertson did inside my hardcover copy of Born.

I don't mean to brag... but yes I do.

I couldn't help but be an ass, sorry.

Guest FADoss
As you can see, I wasn't warping anything.

*The other thing is, Noeland gave me shit about dissaproving of Stevenson as Castle.

I told Noeland unlike you, it takes more than ONE movie for me to have confidence in an actor about to play The Punisher.

-TL

You warped the hell out of it! How was that BLOWING him. Did he SUCK in "King Arthur"? So was there any reason to believe that he would SUCK as the Punisher? Other than the fact that he wasn't Jane? Giving a dude the benefit of the doubt (when YOU were ATTACKING HIM not having seen his stuff) is not exactly putting his dick in my mouth.

So you're saying it's okay to completely REJECT an actor based on not having seen a damned thing he's done, but it's not okay to think he might do a good job.

Notice too that the only plus he got from me over JANE was that he LOOKED more like the character. You bold faced LIED on here and said I thought Ray was a BETTER actor. THAT IS CALL WARPING THE TRUTH.

Fred