The Punisher: WarZone

Tim Bradstreet

As much as I loved Tom and thought he played the role flawlessly...I thought he was too "pretty". I think Ray has the more fucked up look I associate with The Punisher. He looks like he's been in a lot of scraps.

No warping Fred.

From everything I've seen Ray in, he has the acting talent to bring The Punisher to the screen as well. I seriously HOPE for all of our sakes that he pulls it off.

EVERYTHING and ALL you had seen him in was King Arthur.

-TL

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone else here will agree that you are warping that statement.

As you can see, I wasn't warping anything.

*The other thing is, Noeland gave me shit about dissaproving of Stevenson as Castle.

I told Noeland unlike you, it takes more than ONE movie for me to have confidence in an actor about to play The Punisher.

-TL

Here's a lesson for you Mother Teresa:

When one of your movies gets bashed by online nobodies and people start calling you a piece of shit, I am not gonna have your back the way I have Hensleigh's right now.

I'm supposed to be like Fred and blow Ray Stevenson who's done ONE decent TV show and one TERRIBLE movie called Outpost?

Noeland, sometimes I honestly do not understand you.

-TL

Thomas, aren't you getting a bit carried away here? No one called Hensleigh, personally, a piece of shit! Where did you get that? People are discussing their opinions of the relative merits of his work. And you think this is occassion for you "to have his back" as if there were a NEED to?

I'm quoting this particular post because this is where you changed the conversation from Hensleigh's work to Ray Stevenson. It's pretty clear that Ray Stevenson is of some symbolic significance to you. But he's hardly related in any way to anything having to do with Hensleigh's work. So why did you bring him up in the middle of that conversation about Hensleigh? And why in such a way? "I'm supposed to be like Fred and blow Ray Stevenson?" Some people, Thomas, are entitled to think you blow Hensleigh the way you defend him as if he were your nearest and dearest relative!

And "online nobodies?" Hensleigh's SUPPORTERS are online nobodies as well. Yet they have a right and those who think differently don't?

Calm down, neh? This is about the work, not the person. People disagree about that. That's all.

Nomad

What did everyone think about the first regular MAX issue without Ennis at the helm? I liked it just fine. I'm an Ennis fan, but first I'm a Punisher fan. It was a fine start to a new arc. Ennis' run was damn good, but he's not the only person who is able to write the Punisher.

With #60 I've pretty much stopped buying the "floppies", and am gonna be checking it out in TPB form.

I think Street and Ennis shoulda done at least 100 issues of MAX.

63 felt short to me,

-TL

Learn to count?

There were 60 regular issues, 4 Born issues, and 3 oneshots... that's 67.

You can also count 3 one-shots done by other authors as MAX... Force of Nature, The Hunted, and Little Black Book.

Also, Ennis WILL be coming back. He's stated that he loves the character of Frank too much to just leave... he'll be doing a sequel to Welcome Back, Frank first.

Also, Ennis always planned to do 60 issues. 5 year plan, he stated it in an interview. He's doing the same with The Boys.

And Hurwitz, Swierzcynsky, and Gischler (the three writers with the three upcoming arcs) are fantastic crime novelists. I believe they'll do The Punisher justice.

Learn to count?

There were 60 regular issues, 4 Born issues, and 3 oneshots... that's 67.

You can also count 3 one-shots done by other authors as MAX... Force of Nature, The Hunted, and Little Black Book.

Also, Ennis WILL be coming back. He's stated that he loves the character of Frank too much to just leave... he'll be doing a sequel to Welcome Back, Frank first.

Also, Ennis always planned to do 60 issues. 5 year plan, he stated it in an interview. He's doing the same with The Boys.

And Hurwitz, Swierzcynsky, and Gischler (the three writers with the three upcoming arcs) are fantastic crime novelists. I believe they'll do The Punisher justice.

When I read he was doing a Punisher: War Zone comic, I thought gonna be like the DVD comic (if you wanna count that, it's 68) that he did for The Punisher. A sequel to Welcome, Back Frank seems like it'll be interesting.

I wonder if Tim is going to be doing the covers for it?

I forgot BORN was MAX.

Technically its not though, not part of the main series at least.

-TL

It is part of the main series though.

The Tyger, Born, and The Cell are three inter-linking tales that detail Frank Castle's origin. The Tyger is from his childhood, Born is from his final tour in Vietnam, and The Cell recounts the Central Park massacre. Born has been referred to several times in the main series, so it's canon.

The skin is a weird color...pasty. And it's all ONE color. Skin isn't all one color. Maybe a little blush would help? And where's his lower half? When they finish the damn thing, I may be interested. But the flare has to go. And this is from a profligate spender on all things Ray. So if *I* won't buy it, I'm not sure who would. Someone said it was $85? Is that right?

Nomad

The skin is a weird color...pasty. And it's all ONE color. Skin isn't all one color. Maybe a little blush would help? And where's his lower half? When they finish the damn thing, I may be interested. But the flare has to go. And this is from a profligate spender on all things Ray. So if *I* won't buy it, I'm not sure who would. Someone said it was $85? Is that right?

Nomad

It's a bust, Nomad. Busts don't have lower halves. Hah!

Thomas, did you make a pun? :P It's definitly a waste that there is nothing below his waist.

I don't like the idea of a Punisher bust. Because The Punisher is a creature of ACTION and not appropriate as a bust, like some sedentary Roman senator or symphonic composer. It doesn't work for me. Could you imagine a Superman or Batman bust? Of course not!

The comic book stores have another statue of Frank that's been around a long time. I like that one better, even if it's not Ray. They DID get Ray's likeness down pretty good though, neh?

Nomad

Thomas, did you make a pun? :P It's definitly a waste that there is nothing below his waist.

I don't like the idea of a Punisher bust. Because The Punisher is a creature of ACTION and not appropriate as a bust, like some sedentary Roman senator or symphonic composer. It doesn't work for me. Could you imagine a Superman or Batman bust? Of course not!

The comic book stores have another statue of Frank that's been around a long time. I like that one better, even if it's not Ray. They DID get Ray's likeness down pretty good though, neh?

Nomad

I somewhat agree with you Nomad.I like the bust,but my only problem with it is that they made him look old.Besides that I really like the busts.

They did 3 different Venom busts from Spider Man 3 and 5 different statues.

Diamond and Gentle Giant did them.

Master Replicas did the best Black Suited Spider Man Bust.

I own ALL of them.

*Will post pics...

-TL

Cool.Do they still have them on sale?I should had brought one when I had a chance.