Jonah Hex

relias33

Well this kinda bums me out. Apparently the score that John Powell and Mastodon were doing for the movie has been axed, and Marco Beltrami has been brought on board to do it now.

There goes the last thing that attracted me to this movie.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The storyboards look great. If I thought the movie was going to be anywhere near that good, I'd be panting to see it. But unfortunately, I smell a stinker. After seeing the pics of Brolin and Fox in costume, I've sort of lost faith in this movie. Maybe it'll be good and it'll prove me wrong. And I'm not just saying this because this is Thomas Jane's forum, but after seeing the test photo of him as Hex and seeing Brolin as Hex, it's hard for me to believe in Brolin as this character. He just doesn't fit the character, and I'm sure the producers only cast him because he was still hot after his role in No Country for Old Men. Damn, I would so LOVE to see TJ in this movie. He would be SO perfect for it.

So, it's almost two months away and nothing in the form of a trailer yet. I find it kind of odd and I'm getting a bad vibe. I hope I'm wrong on this, because the combo of Comic film/Western would have opened the door to more Westerns (wake up Hollywood, we want more Westerns!)

The only news I've been hearing is that there is a last ditch effort to slap this with some 3D like Clash of the Titans did. Still a rumor at this point.

So, it's almost two months away and nothing in the form of a trailer yet. I find it kind of odd and I'm getting a bad vibe. I hope I'm wrong on this, because the combo of Comic film/Western would have opened the door to more Westerns (wake up Hollywood, we want more Westerns!)

The only news I've been hearing is that there is a last ditch effort to slap this with some 3D like Clash of the Titans did. Still a rumor at this point.

I did not notice any real difference in clash of the titans with 3d. It was just a cheap gimmick. I spent most of the movie with the glasses off.

JH looks like it will be pretty bad, so far. It could be a surprise, but I doubt it. Maybe they will try it again in five or ten years, and Tom could take over the role :D

The make-up looks pretty good, it's not as gruesome as I would have liked it though.

I'm guessing so that it will appeal to a broader audience. You can't make your dashing leading man look too hideous. Reminiscent of Mel Gibson in the flick, what was it called, Man Without A Face?

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw it too. I'm really mixed on this. Parts of it look okay, but there's a lot that does not. Kind of like Warzone did. Early reviews have not been kind. 3 out of the 4 I've read have called it another Wild Wild West :(

I've only been able to enjoy Hex since the Palmiotti reboot, so I don't know how close it is to the original storyline. The scaring has been changed. Speaking of, I can't say I'm too impressed with Josh's look and voice. The make-up seems to be hindering his voice, and the make-up is too stiff looking.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/jonah-hex.html?showVideo=1

Trailers finally up. Looks OK. It's all about his face, which I think is a pretty weak angle for a trailer.

I'm gonna kick myself in the ass for going to see this...I know I will.

Just saw it too. I'm really mixed on this. Parts of it look okay, but there's a lot that does not. Kind of like Warzone did. Early reviews have not been kind. 3 out of the 4 I've read have called it another Wild Wild West :(

I've only been able to enjoy Hex since the Palmiotti reboot, so I don't know how close it is to the original storyline. The scaring has been changed. Speaking of, I can't say I'm too impressed with Josh's look and voice. The make-up seems to be hindering his voice, and the make-up is too stiff looking.

Comparing it to Wild Wild West pretty much kills it for me.

As far as the scarring goes, a scar like that would be a bit of a hindrance, I would think. I won't have to think long, though. I'll wait for this to hit netflix. I'm sure the hubby will like watching Megan, if nothing else.

The original Hex was straight up revenge western. Hex as the anti hero doing the right thing but using bad guy tactics to get it done. The supernatural aspect has only come in the last 5 or 6 years. Early on there was a few team ups with El Diablo but that was it. I really hate the supernatural angle and the origin in the movie is just a Josie Wales rip off with a branding iron tossed in...I'll see it like I said...but I'll hate myself in the morning.

Thanks Irish. I was wondering how much of the "supernatural" elements were created for the film. I was pretty sure I've never seen Hex reanimating the dead to talk to them.

On the plus side, what's the info on the animated short coming out? Is Jane still attached to this?

The original Hex was straight up revenge western. Hex as the anti hero doing the right thing but using bad guy tactics to get it done. The supernatural aspect has only come in the last 5 or 6 years. Early on there was a few team ups with El Diablo but that was it. I really hate the supernatural angle and the origin in the movie is just a Josie Wales rip off with a branding iron tossed in...I'll see it like I said...but I'll hate myself in the morning.

Don't forget he was also sent to the future for a bit. I'm uncertain about seeming it after the trailer. On one hand it does seem like like it could be fun, on the other it seems ridiculous too. I'm kinda torn.

On the plus side, what's the info on the animated short coming out? Is Jane still attached to this?

Everything I've read seems to indicate that he will be voicing Hex.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw the new trailer today. Looks a lot better than the first, but I'm not holding my breath on this. Now it looks like more of a theatrical fim than a straight to dvd film.

Also, I found this: http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php...news&id=732

Looks like July 27th the Hex animated short will be released on the Batman: Under the Red Hood DVD.

I'm sad.

'nuff said.

No Really :(

• 3 weeks later...