origin1950

Congrats to Mickey.

- Tb

I cried my eyes out -- I am so happy for him. And Bruce Springsteen.... :lol:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you’re a regular reader of this blog than you know my love for Fox Searchlight movies. But the love goes beyond their films — these guys know how to market an indie film (something I can’t say for Sony Pictures Classics). A couple weeks back we brought you some clips from Darren Aronofsky’s interview with Danny Boyle, which was a brilliant idea if I’ve ever heard one.

Now Searchlight has returned with a five part roundtable interview with professional wrestlers Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake, Lex Luger, Diamond Dallas Page, Rowdy Roddy Piper and Greg “The Hammer” Valentine talking about Darren Aronofsky’s The Wrestler. What a great idea. You can watch all five of the videos after the jump. I hope they include these on the DVD. The Wrestler is now playing in a city near you.

Click here for the videos

Saturday I finally get a chance to see this, I can't wait. Of all the films that I missed this year, this is the only one that I'm dying to see. I was surprised this week to see that I didn't have to make the 8 hour round trip to see it, now I'm down to two :) Aronofsky is one of the few directors I'd make the trip for.

I was surprised this week to see that I didn't have to make the 8 hour round trip to see it

give thanks to fox searchlight.

i've already seen this 3 times with 3 different people, trying to open the eyes of today's moviewatchers. each one of the three people i saw this with wanted to see my bloody valentine (garbage) instead. they are now dedicated fans of darren aronofsky and mickey rourke and are all convinced rourke takes the oscar next month.

not if its at the expense of a movie like the wrestler, or doubt.

people are never drawn to the movies they should be watching, they usually need some help figuring out which movies to watch or they'll end up watching a 3D movie (no thanks) instead of a great movie.

not if its at the expense of a movie like the wrestler, or doubt.

people are never drawn to the movies they should be watching, they usually need some help figuring out which movies to watch or they'll end up watching a 3D movie (no thanks) instead of a great movie.

Yeah, but stuff like The Wrestler and Doubt aren't widely available in most of the country right now.

It's like sometimes you want a nice juicy steak (The Wrestler) and other times you could go for a nice greasy cheeseburger (MBV3D).