sidewaysgaze

I put "The Mutant Chronicles" Trailer, Russian version

(I do not know if I have the right...)

I found the beautiful images, but I would have liked in English ! :lol:

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have obviously not seen the film, but I saw on the net that it lasts 1h40...

by cons, I read on a forum (someone who saw the movie) say that (be careful spoiler):

all soldiers are dying the one after the other

(so, the character of Thomas also ???) :unsure:

WHAT WOULD BE INTERESTING THOUGH.... would be to see backstories either in comicbook form or animation. How these different characters came to be where they are. THe actual details of the corporate wars. etc. because I think the actual world of the story was interesting.

Not to be a ball breaker here, but there are already alot of back stories on Mutant Chronicles out there. There are even three books from around 93'-94' called 1:In Lunacy 2:Frenzy 3:Dementia (not the best written books in the world mind thee, but fun). Originally the main "base" is Luna City (on the moon). And there are wars going on in Venus and Mars (+heaps more). And earth is just called Dark Eden, and is inhabitated by different clans. And if you guys didn't know, John Carpenter was already in progress of making Mutant Chronicles in the mid 90s. Although, it seemed his story was more "true" to the original world. THOUGH,now I'm only speaking from my geeky "true to the RPG/mini game" point of view. ;) www.mutantpedia.com is the best place to check out the old game. I'd recommend downloading the different RPG books for all the factions. :)

If we build the story around the movie instead, I'd love to see comic books or even computer games to come out of it. Fantasy Flight Games already have a new take on the miniature game out, so that would be of great inspiration for further projects. I really hope this movie does well on either the theatre or on DVD. I really want a second movie out as well, which might include the horrid dark creatures from the original game. This world is so dark and depressing, and that's the way it should be. Musically, I feel the band Sodom from Germany depicts the world pretty well. :D

Guest AdminGuyX

Does anyone know who has the publishing rights to the movie version of the property? Has anyone done anything in relation to the film yet in terms of comics, or novels?

Does anyone know who has the publishing rights to the movie version of the property? Has anyone done anything in relation to the film yet in terms of comics, or novels?

I'm not sure if anything has been done for the film itself, novelization, etc . . . Don't think there are any plans for comics.

Unless you propose it. The owner (or current rights holder) of the property in these realms is producer Ed Pressman.

They actually did a comic version of the vid game property back in the late 90's.

But as I said, don't think there is currently anything in the works for this film adaptation.

- TB

When I said background stories I meant stories of the "film's version of Mutant Chronicles".

I don't see the world of Mutant Chronicles being divided in two just because of the movie... The film is probably not what every MC fan would expect, but it's a lot cheaper to sit around a table with pen, paper & dice, and imagine a gaming world. I'm just happy that there are people like Simon Hunter who actually make an effort in creating something! Talk is cheap'N'easy... -_- Btw, Fantasy Flight Games are doing an awesome job in revamping the MC game with their new boardgame/miniature game. And I would love that they made the (new to MC) boneblade necromutants in their game. I'd rather have a unifying between the movie and the old story.

From the Paradox Entertainment Inc website (the owners/creators of Mutant Chronicles).

"Random House will publish the novelization of the coming movie. Author is Matt Forbeck who has previously written books in the Silver Dragon series. Forbeck has also worked with Paradox as the company editor of the twelve-book series Age of Conan.

Swedish C.O.G. Games (Center of Gravity) began during the third quarter of 2006 the work with a Mutant Chronicles paper role-playing game, to be released during 2007. Negotiations are under way regarding computer- and video games, toys and other consumer products."

Would love some computer games being created out of the MC world ;)

Guest AdminGuyX
Fantasy Flight Games are doing an awesome job in revamping the MC game with their new boardgame/miniature game.

I really like those guys. I did work for them for the Twilight Imperium game, and Darrell was an absolute blast to work with. Really great guy.

Nighthawk, thanks for the info. I appreciate that very much!!

Tim, Ed Pressman still doing comics? I thought he got out of that game. Obviously I need to do some google and yahoo searches . . .

;)

......... As I said, side-stories and background stories based on the film's adaptation of Mutant Chronicles. I don't see how I can be anymore clearer than that. But if I have to keep repeating that... I will. Director Simon Hunter said was that they were going to do a whole new take on Mutant Chronicles, something original and fresh and I'm glad he did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIFArwWFy3k

I really couldn't give a shit what the Mutant Chronicles fans of the role-playing game think of the film. From what I've read at Mutant Chronicles massage boards, Imdb.com and youtube.com the hardcore fans (too hardcore and very immature) just come up with one dumb reason after the other to hate the film.

But... there's also no reason they can't do both. Comic books and video games based off the film and then comic books and video games based off the actually Mutant Chronicles world.

I really like those guys. I did work for them for the Twilight Imperium game, and Darrell was an absolute blast to work with. Really great guy.

Nighthawk, thanks for the info. I appreciate that very much!!

No problemo man! :) Ahh. that's awesome that you actually worked on TI. A friend of mine love that game, and I've only heard rave reviews of it. I have to check it out. I only started buying FFG games last year, and after having tried games like Tide Of Iron, Warrior Knights, Britannia++ it's only one word that is synonym with FFG. Quality. The MC line is in very good hands! :)

as for the prequels.....great idea. crack that universe wide open. I actually wrote down a bunch of prequel and sequel ideas myself a while ago, so I'll take all the credit thanks very much :P

David is there anyway you can get those stories out or even e-mail me them? I would love to read them.

I think that it is the same as the trailer Russian... but in english of course, lol.

I think they have changed the logo of the film (on the website), and they have removed the "theaters in 2008"! It is a good sign or not ?

A friend of mine who said that he saw a scene of the film said that there's a scene with Mitch and MacGuire and he told me what they said and also said that the character Juba shows Valerie something. Just in case someone doesn't want to see what they said and what happen I thought I use the "spoiler".

MacGuire: "You fought with Capitol's hundred and first in Africa, under bishop?"

Mitch: "That's right!"

MacGuire: "I was on the other side, Imperial eight!"

Mitch: "I know!"

Juba shows marks on his arm

One of many prequel stories I would love to see.

Official english trailer here:

http://www.mutantchroniclesthemovie.com/

Looks pretty fucking fun to me.

Visuals are pretty sweet.

Though my audio was slightly out of synch.

Luckily I get to see it this coming Saturday, just wish it was in a theater and not in the convention center.

- tb

Looks pretty fucking fun to me.

Visuals are pretty sweet.

Though my audio was slightly out of synch.

Luckily I get to see it this coming Saturday, just wish it was in a theater and not in the convention center.

- tb

I'll be happy to see it at the convention (if I can get in- got fingers crossed), but will be even happier to see it in a theater here back home.

Lin

Lin - Stop by the RAW booth and inquire with us about getting a seat.

Tom mentioned something about providing RAW forum members with tickets and I'm pretty sure we have a block of seats reserved.

That goes for any RAW forum members that are in attendance. It will be first come, first served and seating will be limited.

You can find us at booth number 5339.

- TB

We were hoping to see this at frightfest (London, Bank Holiday weekend) but sadly it's off the menu.

MUTANT CHRONICLES. Director Simon Hunter’s ambitious adaptation of the role playing game was the first film I rushed to see at Cannes this year. I’d covered it in production two years ago for ‘Fangoria’ and was struck by the unique green screen technique Hunter was employing to bring epic space horror thrills within a modest budget. Those intricacies are the reason it has taken so long to be completed. I really liked it, loved the cast – Thomas Jane, Ron Perlman, Devon Aoki - and have described it elsewhere as Guy Maddin’s version of ALIEN. Hunter is a FrightFest alumnus too if you recall THE LIGHTHOUSE premiering at our very first 2000 event. The problem with this niche sci-fi fantasy is it is being released in the UK by Entertainment Films who have no interest in placing their movies in any other festival other than London. We have never been able to acquire any Entertainment picture throughout our entire history and despite Hunter’s efforts on our behalf that situation looks like it will never change.

Hope it all goes well at San Diego.

• Geoff changed the title to Mutant Chronicles
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.