USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage

IMDB Reporting this a new one directed by Mario Van Peebles staring Nic Cage and guess who..................... Yup than man himself.

For those who don't know the story its mentioned in the classic Jaws and is a fairly horrific story about a torpedoed boat that the survivors end up in the water for several days whilst being under relentless shark attacks.

I understand at this point that they are actually filming in Alabama on the USS Alabama in Mobile. Im trying to get an update from TJ at the minute. Will keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, boy!!! That means we're going to have ourselves a Cage/TJane reunion! :D (about time)

And of course, TJ being a part of something that has ties to Indiana......Well.........That just makes me very happy. :wub:

Erm not quite. I spoke to TJ about this..............

"I haven't signed on yet but I might come in for a day and play a pilot..."

I hate IMDB! - May still happen mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Erm not quite. I spoke to TJ about this..............

"I haven't signed on yet but I might come in for a day and play a pilot..."

I hate IMDB! - May still happen mind.

Bummer. -_-

I also saw that filming on this has been delayed, http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/37685/filming-delayed-on-uss-indianapolis

Has any film shoot ever gone perfectly? Ever!? :blink:

I forgot to ask Tom about how this was going, when we were at SDCC.

That's okay. I can see how it'd be impossible to remember to bring up every project amidst all of that crazy con energy.

• 4 months later...

This now has a release date of 30th May 2016. IMDB still listing TJ as staring but not sure if he actually went onto set or not.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes he did and he plays Adrian Marks who during the disater was a pilot of an amphibious plane who against standing orders at the time landed it in the water and saved I believe 56 men from the water and was the one who notified everyone else which lead to the rescue of the remaining men (316 I Think) a real true hero. Must have been a pleasure to play.

And the moustasche is a real one too.

Set for May 30th release

• 4 months later...

Trailer is not out on you tube (cant post link) looks damn good!!!!

• 1 month later...

Obviously, this movie didn't come out May 30th. They pushed back the release date.

NEW US RELEASE DATE: NOVEMBER 11th, 2016 -- Veterans Day!

I participated in an AMA on Reddit with one of the film's stars -- Currie Graham -- yesterday. He wasn't sure when the movie is coming out, but he hopes it will come out with a wide release on this day. We can only dream. ;)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.