Rosella

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Exclusive: ‘The Expanse’ Lands Early Season 6 Renewal at Amazon

We have learned some exciting news for The Expanse fans! Amazon has decided to renew the sci-fi series for a sixth season. This decision has been made before season 5 has even premiered.

Pre-production on season 6 started today. Production on the fifth season already wrapped back in February, before the Coronavirus shutdown.

https://www.thecinemaspot.com/2020/08/03/exclusive-the-expanse-lands-early-season-6-renewal-amazon-prime-video/

1 hour ago, Enaira said:

Exclusive: ‘The Expanse’ Lands Early Season 6 Renewal at Amazon

We have learned some exciting news for The Expanse fans! Amazon has decided to renew the sci-fi series for a sixth season. This decision has been made before season 5 has even premiered.

Pre-production on season 6 started today. Production on the fifth season already wrapped back in February, before the Coronavirus shutdown.

https://www.thecinemaspot.com/2020/08/03/exclusive-the-expanse-lands-early-season-6-renewal-amazon-prime-video/

OMFG... **fans self** Yayyyyyyy! 🥳

Thanks Ariane - love your internet stalking skills! ♥️ 😋

Oh. I was really optimistic on this one since at about the same time Glenton Richards posted on Instagram that he had received a good news. I have asked directly but I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to comment yet.

Well... his news may obviously be something completely different! 

And thank you for the ultra fast response time and fact checking. I may be a victim of fake news!!!!

1 hour ago, Enaira said:

And thank you for the ultra fast response time and fact checking. I may be a victim of fake news!!!!

Oh, it was only because I was going to share it on the Expanse group I moderate! 😋

According to J. Benning, things are in the works but he's not been told anything yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2020 at 1:17 PM, Nicole said:

Oh, it was only because I was going to share it on the Expanse group I moderate! 😋

Hi Nicole, I have not yet used Reddit, just surfed a bit. So I have plenty of questions...

Is it a group you created in Reddit ?

If not, how did you become the moderator? I guess they look for people who are fair and open, how is it possible to know beforehand that the moderator will do a good job?

Which group is it?

It sounds like it's a full time job, seeing how many Expanse fans there are and how many discussions are held on Reddit. How do you manage "real time" (or near to real time) moderation?

I might pop my head in there 😉

5 hours ago, Enaira said:

Hi Nicole, I have not yet used Reddit, just surfed a bit. So I have plenty of questions...

Is it a group you created in Reddit ?

If not, how did you become the moderator? I guess they look for people who are fair and open, how is it possible to know beforehand that the moderator will do a good job?

Which group is it?

It sounds like it's a full time job, seeing how many Expanse fans there are and how many discussions are held on Reddit. How do you manage "real time" (or near to real time) moderation?

I might pop my head in there 😉

Nope, it's on Facebook! And we have a decent-sized admin team for our group, spread around the planet, so someone is always around to keep order!

7 hours ago, Nicole said:

Nope, it's on Facebook! And we have a decent-sized admin team for our group, spread around the planet, so someone is always around to keep order!

Ah, ok 😉 yeah that's a good solution.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Nicole said:

This is not a drill folks.... 70 days to go! 

Yeeeeeeeeee-haaaaaaaaaaa!! 
The trailer looks great - Avasarala’s back, Drummer’s back, Bobbie’s back..........too much to hope to have Miller back I guess? 
Will settle for him pulling their strings from behind the camera this time  😉😁

This is excellent news! I'll wait until end of January though 😉 so that we can "binge" two episodes by two at a time...

I just finished reading a German Scifi book yesterday evening, tonight I'll start reading the Expanse Nemesis games 😎

27 minutes ago, Enaira said:

This is excellent news! I'll wait until end of January though 😉 so that we can "binge" two episodes by two at a time...

I just finished reading a German Scifi book yesterday evening, tonight I'll start reading the Expanse Nemesis games 😎

I'll probably do similar. I don't want to have to wait a week in between each episode!

Whilst I thoroughly admire your restraint ladies, I'm gonna be there at the starting gun, can't wait!!!!! 😁

(It'll take me back to how TV used to be before we could binge watch stuff!)

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm 3/4 through reading Nemesis Games and hell yes, shit happens in this book!!! 😳 soooo looking forward to the screen version of those pictures in my mind. It'll be amazing! 

• 1 month later...

So, ep 1-3 done and so far happy to report that The Expanse is back on track after the minor derailment that was S4.  The storylines are much tighter, and TJ’s episode was fabulous!  (Not that I’m biased 😉)

So many questions I want to ask - I don’t suppose there’s any remote chance of a cheeky Q&A is there Geoff? I know he’s a busy Renegade recently but no harm in asking, right? 😁

3 hours ago, Gail said:

So, ep 1-3 done and so far happy to report that The Expanse is back on track after the minor derailment that was S4.  The storylines are much tighter, and TJ’s episode was fabulous!  (Not that I’m biased 😉)

So many questions I want to ask - I don’t suppose there’s any remote chance of a cheeky Q&A is there Geoff? I know he’s a busy Renegade recently but no harm in asking, right? 😁

Despite telling myself I was going to wait until February, and then just binge the whole lot over a weekend, I have actually watched - and thoroughly enjoyed - the first three eps. I'll binge in February, too! 😆

Even though I enjoyed S4, S5 definitely feels like a return to form. Wednesday evenings shall henceforth be set aside for viewing. It's a bit like the olden days of TV! Ha ha!

!!!***HERE BE SPOILERS***!!!

Loving all the little details, too. Such as Amos' backpack! The back and forth between Amos and Chrisjen. Naomi's hair growth as a way of illustrating the passage of time. And so much more!

11 minutes ago, Nicole said:

BTW, I assume you've all seen the announcement that S6 will be the last? 

For now.........

There’s a lot of chatter about it being more of a pause and that the writers haven’t definitively said that books 7-9 will never be adapted for screen, so I for one will live in hope 🤞🤞🤞

34 minutes ago, Gail said:

For now.........

There’s a lot of chatter about it being more of a pause and that the writers haven’t definitively said that books 7-9 will never be adapted for screen, so I for one will live in hope 🤞🤞🤞

Yep. They said right at the start that there would only ever be six series but I do like that they're not ruling out taking it further. I think films would be great but TBH, I'd prefer series... I want as much bang for my buck as possible!

(That sounds like a Chrissy and Amos convo!)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.