Alien Pig Farm 3000!

Tim Bradstreet

"Put yer feet up. Set a spell and get ready for Armageddon! When a race of pig-eating, flesh-gnarling, aliens attack, it's up to Johnny Ray to kick some green-skinned butt AND keep his moronic brother, Elvis, out of trouble while protecting the sister he loves...probably more than he should. Its aliens, rednecks and incest! The perfect gift for that special someone."

"Farmer, in collaboration with story masterminds, Thomas Jane and Steve Niles, writes a perfect pitch for a late night Saturday drive-in feature," - Horror Yearbook.com.

APF 3000

---------------------------------------------

Story by Todd Farmer and Tom Jane

Written by Todd Farmer

Spiritual Guidance by the lovely and talented Steve Niles!

Art by Don Marquez

Color by Grant Goleash

Lettering and production by Jason Hanley

Book design by Tim B

Covers by William Stout, and Mark Schultz!!!

--------------------------------------------

Something crazy happened about a year ago.

Bad Planet was on hiatus and we found ourselves searching for other projects to get into the hopper.

Along came Todd Farmer with an idea, and we loved it.

It just kind of blossomed before our eyes and all the sudden we knew we had something.

Pig Farm needed a special look, a throwback vibe, an EC comics feel.

The material was like Dukes of Hazzard meets Mars Attacks.

Packed full of rednecks and Aliens, with a nice dose of humor.

Tom found a vision in his head that the art should feel like the 'ol Frazetta 'Lil Abner stuff and Wallah!

Enter artist Don Marquez (thank you Steve!).

The rest is now history.

The series started without much fanfare as we were all spread so thin we didn't get the opportunity to promote it to the degree it deserved.

The numbers on issue #1 were somewhat disappointing. Then we got busy and made an effort to promote it!

Issue #2 did better, and so on.

People that have read it LOVE IT.

But the problem is that stores don't stock a lot of extra books anymore, they just can't take the chance that it will "sit" on the shelves.

So unfortunately in most cases, even the potential "browsing" fan was cheated out of seeing it, or knowing of it's existence.

That's why we're telling YOU about it. We're very proud of this book and we want people to see it, read it, wrap their ever-lovin' hearts around it.

A trade will be coming to be sure, but no street date yet. So do us a favor, do yourselves a favor, go to your retailer and ask him/her to re-order Alien Pig Farm 3000 for you.

You won't be sorry.

Folks that DID get a look at APF 3000, please chime in.

We'd LOVE to hear your thoughts.

Cover to issue #4 by Mark Schultz, color by Goleash

APF4.cover.jpg

One of the masterful interior pages by the esteemed Mr. Don Marquez.

APF3.pg19f.jpg

You can see more of Don's amazing work here - http://www.cartuneland.com/Pages/Cartuneland.html

- Tb

This was one of the best comics I have read in a while in any genre. With both companies trying to outdo each other with the big summer "megaevent" that is supposed to change their respective universes for decades to come, it was nice to finally go to the racks each month wanting to read something because it was an event but becasue it was just a plain good ol' story that you want to read.

It was fast paced, irrevrent, funny, shocking, and just plain good. Something you give to your friends to read, passing along from person to person. A real sleeper hit. Keep it up guys. This is the stuff that needs to come out now and not all of these mega events that end up not meaning jack shit later on. Raw is a premiere studio and everyone needs to recognize it.

This was one of the best comics I have read in a while in any genre. With both companies trying to outdo each other with the big summer "megaevent" that is supposed to change their respective universes for decades to come, it was nice to finally go to the racks each month wanting to read something because it was an event but becasue it was just a plain good ol' story that you want to read.

It was fast paced, irrevrent, funny, shocking, and just plain good. Something you give to your friends to read, passing along from person to person. A real sleeper hit. Keep it up guys. This is the stuff that needs to come out now and not all of these mega events that end up not meaning jack shit later on. Raw is a premiere studio and everyone needs to recognize it.

I have no idea where my ass was for the first 3 issues...

I have #4 but I refuse to read it until I've picked up the others in back issues

I went to a book signing for a friends and saw all four issues sitting on the shelf at Earth2Comics in LA. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy. But I know that Image is out because I tried to get more issues for Silicon in October. No dice.

But I'm glad you what went and read it, liked it. Was a pleasure to work on it.

Someone has those issues.

Check around on line and I'll bet you can order them somewhere.

And hey, it's Todd Farmer!!

Love to have Todd jump in here and talk a little bit about his experience working on Pig Farm.

Todd is also the mastermind behind the Alien Pig Farm 3000 website.

It's a fucking scream so go check it out!!! ---------> http://www.alienpigfarm3000.com

Yes . . . Please enter!

- tb

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondered if anyone has any tips on where I can find the first three issues of this. I found #4 and bought the last one on the shelf, but no luck with the first three. Not even back issues, darnit.

On that note, you guys should feel pretty good. I've been trolling comic stores in my area and of the three that I visited, only one had not heard of RAW, and the other two said they couldn't keep the books on the shelf. They were sold out. That's great for you guys, I'm sure. Keep up the good work.

Mediumfan

Today was comic book day for me. I went around town lookin for reading material - visited 7 shops. I was shocked to hear (or was I really?) that only 2 of the 7 shops carried APF3000. I loved the expressions on the faces of the people that worked in the shops when I asked 'em for the book. "Alien what farm?", "There's a comic called Alien Pig Farm?". "Alien Pig Farm 3000" I responded. Luckily for my two buddies that were shoppin with me, the two shops that did carry the book had two #1s, and one #3. So my crew was able to take home some RAW comics today. And also let me add, that 3 of the 5 shops in Fort Lauderdale that didn't carry 'em are now adding them to the inventory - same thing with Bad Planet. It took some convincing, but it worked. Specially when I threw the name Bradstreet out there. I wasn't able to find what I was lookin for today, that original Bad Planet #1, but I'm glad I got more people to join the cause - every reader counts. Am I right?

-TL

I'm down to my last eight, two issues of each. I guess I should bag'em. Keep'em safe and precious and all that. Or not. One day we might actually print some trade paperbacks but that won't happen until after Tom and Tim are back from New Meheeko where they are no doubt killing hookers and dumping their bodies in the Rio Grande. Come to think of it, I think Pig Farm comes out in digital format at the end of the month. You can download it onto your PSP. We should get all those details and post them here somewhere. Or maybe they already are and I'm just too lazy. Speaking of lazy, I'm gonna take a nap.

I loved the book. Great art and the story's a blast. Bring on some more please!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I finally got issues # 2 & 3 and read the last three (I'm still looking for #1, darnit!) and all I can say is

"F*ck me sideways on a crooked seesaw!" (Lol, hahaha, I just love that line!)

This was the most fun I've had reading a comic book in years. Ranks right up there with this other one I've been reading lately. Maybe you've heard of it. It's called Bad Planet. Yeah, it's totally wicked.

Anyway, this one was so much fun. It was a killer ride! I'm glad I waited till I at least got three of the four and read 'em all at one time. But I would LOVE to have #1. I'm still looking for that one.

Anyway, Farmer, TJ and all the rest of you guys at RAW, great work on this one, (and on Bad Planet, but I'll save that for another thread). But one thing.

You are gonna bring this back, aren'tcha? Cause you just cannot leave it hangin' like that! That's just mean!

Can't wait to see what you guys come out with next. Keep up the good work.

Mediumfan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best wishes, Todd Farmer. Happy Birthday.

Just wanted to tell you that I finally found issue #1, so I have all of these now, and I wanted to congratulate you guys again on a fantastic job. I loved this whole series, but it was even better once I read all of them. I particularly loved the scene with the little aliens flipping off the other aliens just before they got blown up. Hilarious!!!

Great work! Can't wait to see more of this.

Mediumfan

Thanks Fan-o-Medium! Glad you dug. And unless my memory is malfunctioning, which is mostly standard these days, that cute little circular frame with the aliens shooting intergalactic birds was all the penciler's doing. I don't think I wrote it. I think Don got to that part, had the idea and went with it. Which by the way, is what makes Donnie Marquez my hero.

And thanks for all the birfday wishes. I got a Wii, some sex and several pairs of socks.

• 3 weeks later...