The Dark Knight

Arsh

AWESOME!!!

Its very accurate and at the same time a bit innacurate.

Accurate ---> Heath's driving the car.

Innacurate ---> Bale should be in the back seat. Or maybe the trunk.

-TL

lol

You know, after watching the film, I'm gonna add some more thoughts.

This film belonged neither to Bale or Ledger.

Don't start yelling yet, Thomas.

This film belonged to Eckhart. I mean, the entire movie is really about him. He represents the soul of Gotham and Batman and The Joker are battling over him ultimately.

A more accurate image would be Dent driving the car with Bale and Ledger telling him which way to go and him confused.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Heath was alive he'd be #1 right now on EVERY major director's casting lists.

So far he's done good:

-The Dark Knight won the 2008 Golden Trailer Award.

-According to critics and fans Heath stole the movie from Bale.

-The Dark Knight broke the Biggest Midnight Opening record.

-The Dark Knight broke the Biggest First Day Opening record.

-The Dark Knight broke the Biggest Opening Weekend record.

-The Dark Knight broke the Biggest First Week Gross record.

-The Dark Knight broke the Biggest 10 Day Gross record.

-The Dark Knight beat SPIDER MAN to become the Highest Grossing Comic Book Movie.

-The Dark Knight beat Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest to become the 6th Highest All Time Domestic Grossing Film.

-The Dark Knight beat Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace to become the 5th Highest All Time Domestic Grossing Film.

-The Dark Knight beat E.T. The Extraterrestrial to become the 4th Highest All Time Domestic Grossing Film.

-The Dark Knight beat SHREK 2 become the 3rd Highest All Time Domestic Grossing Film.

-The Dark Knight broke the #1 At The Box Office For 4 Continuos Weeks record.

*Heath is being groomed for a 2008 Best Actor Academy Award Nomination according to several media moguls including The New York Times.

-TL

I've just seen this movie a 2nd time, I felt kind of wierd because the first time I watched the film I walked out thinking it was slightly overrated..I had to see it a second time because I just felt that maybe I missed a few details that could have helped raise my opinion on the movie...needless to say I was right, I actually did find my mind wandering on some important aspects and I actually realize how good it was...On that note, I still think I missed one thing...When

Joker had his knife on Gambol's face and was telling the story about how he got the scars on his face, what exactly did he do to the guy? to me it just looked like Gambol dropped dead...

I couldnt catch it the first time and I missed it again the second time...what the hell is wrong with me.

I thought he just sliced his mouth open and he dropped down in shock or something. I fucking love this movie. I can't wait for the dvd. I'll have to get some fancy blue ray player or something and a huge hd tv, just for this movie. Ledger gave the best performance I have ever seen in anything, and didn't even think of him when watching the movie, I only saw the joker, like most people. I'm pretty sure this will over take Titanic. I fucking hate that movie.

Maybe he just needs to watch it a second time like me...I felt dumb too after I watched it the first time and didnt get the hype... Its all out war in the superhero community...I wanna hear Batman himself come back with something...IMO both were great movies for different reasons.

Guest FADoss

For the most part I agree with him about DC. I am SO much more Marvel oriented. I think it goes along the greats...

Beatles or Elvis?

Ginger or Mary Ann?

Vanilla or Chocolate?

Marvel or DC?

Make Mine Marvel bitches.

Fred

For the most part I agree with him about DC. I am SO much more Marvel oriented. I think it goes along the greats...

Beatles or Elvis?

Ginger or Mary Ann?

Vanilla or Chocolate?

Marvel or DC?

Make Mine Marvel bitches.

Fred

Also, The Munsters or The Addams Family.

Marvel is kicking DC ass film wise. They have their own studio set-up and are in control of their characters, DC is stuck at Warner Bros. they can't seem to get shit done really besides Batman. Look how long it took them to make Superman Returns, though the Green Arrow stuck in prison movie could cool if it ever gets made, it seems like fresh take for a superhero movie.

I understand what RDJ is saying, but it's also what makes it great. This movie really is showing people that comics are not just for kids. Just wait until Watchmen comes out next year. The sad part is that at work, I have people talking to me all the time about films they love and then I have to break it to them that they are based on comics (A History of Violence, Road to Perdition, even 300 which I thought was made obvious in the marketing).

As a writer though, TDK was a kick in the gut. As a villian, (besides Ledger's performance) what made Joker so great was they way he worked, you never knew what he was up to. The script was top notch, and not just as a comic film, as a film in general.

Guest FADoss

Legacy,

I'd actually like to see them do it. It's a ballsy move that could be very cool. Maybe not for the next one, but #4? The Joker is Batman's NEMESIS. You can't just erase him like they did in Burton's Batman.

Fred

I'm on the fence. I'd love to see the Joker again... but without Ledger. Not sure. But, who could be a good replacement? Jospeh Gordon Levitt? Benicio Del Toro?

I'm on the fence. I'd love to see the Joker again... but without Ledger. Not sure. But, who could be a good replacement? Jospeh Gordon Levitt? Benicio Del Toro?

Joseph Gordon-Levitt would actually be really good. Other than that I really can't see anyone else. I think if they got JGL, who looks a bit like Ledger, he could really bring something to the film. He's very talented and has alot of range.

JO

They really fucked up GI JOE I think. Just a couple good casts. Uniforms are rather fucked up. Only a few good costumes but that fuckin tactical armor has to go. The only good costumes are Snake Eyes', Gen. Hawk's, and Scarlett's. Channing Tatum was a terrible choice for Duke. He's too young. Wahlberg or Jane was the way to go there. Cobra Commander is something I saw being played by an actor like Willem Dafoe and not someone half his age like Levitt. Not to take away from anything Levitt has done cause he's a good talented young actor, but I saw older, more experienced actors in these roles.

They really fucked up GI JOE I think. Just a couple good casts. Uniforms are rather fucked up. Only a few good costumes but that fuckin tactical armor has to go. The only good costumes are Snake Eyes', Gen. Hawk's, and Scarlett's. Channing Tatum was a terrible choice for Duke. He's too young. Wahlberg or Jane was the way to go there. Cobra Commander is something I saw being played by an actor like Willem Dafoe and not someone half his age like Levitt. Not to take away from anything Levitt has done cause he's a good talented young actor, but I saw older, more experienced actors in these roles.

Levitt will actually be aged in the film, they are changing his look. He said he hated the idea of the film and only did it because his character would be done in such a way that he would be almost unrecognizable. He's a very smart cat, he doesn't just do anything. Good head on his shoulders. He'll do fine, and Sienna was an excellent choice. At least we know they'll earn their keep.

JO