Walter Hill

Mike V

Wow, did not see that coming. I really hope Sung Kang is not stepping in to Jane's role as the cop. No offense to the guy, I'm Asian and we don't have many cinema role models these days, Sung Kang is probably one of the more recognizable faces these days thanks to Fast and Furious but he is a horrendous actor. No presence, no charisma, just nothing. If it were ten years ago we could at least have Russell Wong playing a smooth, badass cop and he worked with Silver on Romeo Must Die.

WB released an official statement about Silver picking up Headshot. It only mentions Silver, Hill and Stallone.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/joel-silve...itman-thriller/

Damn. Based on those last two articles, it sounds like TJ's out of this. It sounds like they're probably going to make it a one-man flick with Stallone as the lead character and Kang as supporting, instead of two leads. That sucks. Well, that's one movie I won't be spending my money on. I've long since gotten over the days when seeing Stallone on the screen was enough to make me pony up for a movie. Personally, I think he's way beyond the age where he should be doing the kind of hard-core action pics that he used to do. He's become a one-note song, and I'm tired of hearing it. What really made this sound interesting to me was the idea of these two characters, and not so much another buddy-cop-action shoot-em-up. But it sounds like that's just what Silver's aiming for. Another one that's stuck in a rut.

Oh, well. C'est la vie.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love me some Walter Hill, and Sly is on a roll in the last few years, but damnit, if this is true, count me out. In fact, I will never see another film with Joel Silver's name on it unless he does some serisous ass kissing to Tom. Without Tom, there is no Hill. Hell, Stallone probably would be either looking for another director or passing all together. I'm pleased Hill is getting another shot on the big screen, but fuck me.

Without Tom, I will be telling everyone I know not to see this.

I’m not really that familiar with Sung Kang. I’ve seen some of his work, and I can’t for the life of me remember him. So how will he bring audiences?

They’re changing the title, too? What is going on over there? When they say ’no official word on Thomas Jane being let go from his contract?’ does that mean Tom's not a co-lead, but he may still be in it? I’m confused. :blink:

I love me some Walter Hill, and Sly is on a roll in the last few years, but damnit, if this is true, count me out. In fact, I will never see another film with Joel Silver's name on it unless he does some serisous ass kissing to Tom. Without Tom, there is no Hill. Hell, Stallone probably would be either looking for another director or passing all together. I'm pleased Hill is getting another shot on the big screen, but fuck me.

Without Tom, I will be telling everyone I know not to see this.

Completely agree, John! My attraction to this movie was Thomas Jane. Without Tom, there’s no point in watching. I won’t even buy the DVD.

I've read different articles about Sung Kang taking a part of this film. Some articles mention that he has joined to be a part of the film alongside Sly and Jane and I read and article stating that Kang is Jane's replacement.

Tom if you get a minute, can you elaborate brother?

-Raffi

I've read different articles about Sung Kang taking a part of this film. Some articles mention that he has joined to be a part of the film alongside Sly and Jane and I read and article stating that Kang is Jane's replacement.

Tom if you get a minute, can you elaborate brother?

-Raffi

Exactly, not a word mentioning that Jane is out completely...really confused here with the articles I have read as well.

I have a feeling this is there way of saying that Tom is out without looking like real SMUCKS but I could be dead wrong

OR they are just simply stating that this new Kang guy is an added role to the film -- along with their new title to the movie

"BULLET TO THE HEAD".

At the same time, after this new statement nobody has cut throat Silver with an article saying that he is out completely...so HEY maybe they are still negotiating with Tom -- like Tom said..."it ain't over till it's over when the fat lady sings"

I really do hope that this is what's really happening here...so in the end everyone is happy and they can continue on with the film!

Still not sure 100% whats happening here, awaiting confirmation from Management!

Jason Momoa has been cast as the bad guy, which is good news if his turn on Game of Thrones is anything to go by: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Jason-Momoa...lick-25336.html

This article seems to think Tom is definitely out. Has there been any official word on that yet?

Hey buddy, Thats a bit of a result and off the back of him doing Conan could be good.

Still no offical word from management yet as I know it but agree it aint good anymore and think the fat lady has bellowed out her tune on it.

Jason Momoa has been cast as the bad guy, which is good news if his turn on Game of Thrones is anything to go by: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Jason-Momoa...lick-25336.html

This article seems to think Tom is definitely out. Has there been any official word on that yet?

I just looked the other day on "IMDB" (The Internet Movie Database)...the movie "HEADSHOT" was once there in pre-production.

Unfortunately, it is no longer there...that to me is a pretty good indicator.

Sorry Thomas, but as I said something even better will come along...

Too bad for them this movie will end up being a flop! Sylvester needed some modern fresh new blood such as yourself along side him.

Oh well -- too bad so sad for them!!!

Silver produced Sherlock Holmes too didnt he? Two white guys did a pretty good job in that.

What a massive fuck up to a hotly anticipated idea. How much buzz does the flick have going for it now?

Silver produced Sherlock Holmes too didnt he? Two white guys did a pretty good job in that.

What a massive fuck up to a hotly anticipated idea. How much buzz does the flick have going for it now?

oh yeah. well. maybe Stallone was intimidated by my characters big dick...

it's all make believe, people. gotta keep reminding myself sometimes. things like this help keep it all in perspective. i guess.

oh yeah. well. maybe Stallone was intimidated by my characters big dick...

it's all make believe, people. gotta keep reminding myself sometimes. things like this help keep it all in perspective. i guess.

Still a crock man. This woulda been a dream for all fans of action films.... Punisher and Rambo in a film is the bottom line. It'll sell tickets and dvd's and put a smile on everyone's face. They can't fuckin see that? God damn morons

I love Walter Hill, and this would be the first film of his I could see on the big screen, but current events have turned me sour. I too will pass.

See, it's losing money already ;)

I love Walter too. shit i recommended him for the damn job! that's a sign right there that something is screwy in Screwville see? Walter fucking Hill hasn't done a film in 5 years?

ok i am going to wait before i pass judgement on this film. there is a chance (okay, small) that these guys will pull of an incredible, old fashioned kick ass film here. if the Asian kid and Stallone have chemistry, if Hill is on his game, if Silver can shut up and let people do their job -

aww fuck it, it's gonna suck.

I love Walter too. shit i recommended him for the damn job! that's a sign right there that something is screwy in Screwville see? Walter fucking Hill hasn't done a film in 5 years?

ok i am going to wait before i pass judgement on this film. there is a chance (okay, small) that these guys will pull of an incredible, old fashioned kick ass film here. if the Asian kid and Stallone have chemistry, if Hill is on his game, if Silver can shut up and let people do their job -

It was doomed to suck the minute you were no longer in it. Silver is a fuck'n peebrained nitwit.

Being a fool I'll probably go see this just because it is Walter Hill and I've never seen one of his films on the big screen, but I can't see a version of this film where Stallone doesn't completely and totally dominate his new co-star. I have nothing against the actor, but in terms of physical presence and star quality the poor guy doesn’t have a chance. With Tom it was an interesting dynamic, and now... :(

I'll always support Walter Hill and Stallone has done his share of solid flicks but F this movie just on principal. I'm a movie lover and Asian yet see nothing in Sung Kang as an actor or box office attraction. Ah well, I hope Sleight of Hand rocks and you team up with Dolph for his cop/kidnapping flick. Then we might be able to see a badass duo kicking ass as intended.

Tom, I'm new around here and just wanted to say that I've been a big fan of your movies and The Punisher was one of my favorite comic characters and you finally portrayed him the way I always saw him. I hated that the sequel never happened thanks to an instrusive studio/producer, from what I read. And now I'm very miffed that Silver & Co. can't wake up and see the logic of having you and Sly together in this movie. When I heard you were co-starring, it elevated it to a higher interest level for me. (Don't get me wrong, I'm a mad Stallone fan after Rocky Balboa, Rambo and TE, re-energizing the fan-base, but to have you and Sly, it was like a dream casting.) Now I hate to say, I have little to no interest. To me, knowing what happened is enough for me to NOT see this film or buy it on blu-ray. Why should I as a fan reward the backwards thinking of Silver? Is this no different than other forms of discrimination, when you think about it? I honestly can't believe they think some guy from Fast and Furious who was not even a main star per se can hold his own with Sly or be better than you. I am insulted as a moviegoer and this Silver production will NOT get my money. No f--ing way.

Best regards and hope to see your next movie sooner rather than later!

Jonathan

Well I think its clear where we all stand on this and it aint in line queing for a cinema ticket!