1Man365Movies.blogspot.com

sidewaysgaze

A pal of mine has taken on the audacious and ambitious task of seeing 365 movies this year and reviewing them all in detail at his site:

http://1man365movies.blogspot.com/

For some reason I can only access it through Google search if I don't have the exact address. Other search engines like Yahoo and Bing are at a loss, but it's their loss, because my pal Glen some highly amusing and perceptive reviews of the movies he's seen so far in the theaters and on TV.

For example, he just saw Drive Angry which stars Nicholas Cage, and in part of the review, Glen writes

"The Rating

R for strong brutal violence throughout, grisly images, some graphic sexual content, nudity and pervasive language (MPAA). The scene in which Nicolas Cage says "I never disrobe before a gunfight" covers all of the above."

His reviews are a lot of fun and give lots of detail about the actors and plot, etc...

Plus the big thing is that he welcomes reader feedback, so it makes it even more interesting to see what other people think too.

I hope that you can all go there and at least check it out. Thanks. :)

Jen

Hey kdedu - I think it's going to be scattershot, but mostly newer films from the theater and premium cable channels. From what I know of Glen, there won't be too many "chick flicks" in there, whatever that means. LOL Emphasis will probably be on action/horror/thriller/scifi/drama/comedy; less on romance and period-pieces...

Right now Glen's reviewed about 30+ movies. Here's the index of movies he's covered from his site, with some excerpts:

Bug (2006) "Why you should see it

You like to test yourself with the controlled masochism of spicy food, roller coasters and the creepiest movies you can stand."

Case 39 (2010)

Circle of Eight (2009)

Dilemma, The (2011)

Drive Angry (2011)

Eagle, The (2011)

Girlfriend Experience, The (2009)

Green Hornet, The (2011)

Hurt Locker, The (2008)

I Am Number Four (2011)" Why you should see it

You like aliens and special effects. You think Alex Pettyfer is super hot and you totally wish you could be his girlfriend."

Inception (2010)

Just Go With It (2011) "Why you shouldn't see it

You fear cinematically-induced diabetes. You were hoping for a heartbreaking death scene or a horrific murder."

Kick-Ass (2010)

Last Exorcism, The (2010) "The Official Website

The Last Exorcism (extremely annoying music while it's loading, so be ready to mute)."

Match Point (2005) "The Actors

Scarlett Johansson was in The Horse Whisperer (haven's seen it, 1998), Lost in Translation (pleasantly quirky, 2003), Girl with a Pearl Earring (boring, 2003), and The Prestige (clever, 2006), Vicky Cristina Barcelona and Iron Man 2 (fun, 2010). She sings. She's pretty, even though her eyebrows don't always match her hair."

Mechanic, The (2011)

Mulholland Dr. (2001) "Like most of David Lynch's work it gets increasingly strange and clever, sometimes erotic, often disturbing, but always interesting."

Nightmare on Elm Street, A (2010)

Neighbor (2009)

No Strings Attached (2011)

Pandorum (2009) "Why you should see it

You like monsters and you like space ships, so you won't pass up anything that has monsters on a space ship."

Push (2009)

Rite, The (2011)

Roommate, The (2011) "There are a few minor similarities between The Roommate and Single White Female, the script being one of them. However Single White Female took place in an apartment, and The Roommate takes place in a dorm room. Totally different premise."

Salt (2010)

Sanctum (2011)

Scary Movie (2000)

Scary Movie 2 (2001)

Season of the Witch (2011)

Social Network, The (2010) "Why you should see it

You're glad to see Eisenberg differentiate himself from Michael Cera, although you can't decide whether the two of them playing brothers would be a wonderful idea or a terrible one."

Solaris (2002)

True Grit (2010)

Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008) "Why you should see it

You've seen all of his movies and love Woody Allen. You're Soon Yi Previn and love Woody Allen. You're about to get married and need some input as to whether you should instead enter into an open relationship with an eccentric artist in another country.

"

Zombies of Mass Destruction (2010)

Jen

Archived