Drive Angry

Mike V

A small teaser showed up online, and it's not right that there isn't a thread for this movie. If what I've been hearing about this movie is correct, Todd and Patrick hit it out of the fucking park.

Plus Tom Atkins in 3D again. It's like that's the only way people will see the man on the big screen now, in 3D.

I find it funny how last year when things were kind of hush about this, the plot description was about an inmate who escapes prison. Now it's about Cage escaping hell. That makes it more interesting! I'm pretty excited about seeing this.

Mike, don't forget Fitchner!

I find it funny how last year when things were kind of hush about this, the plot description was about an inmate who escapes prison. Now it's about Cage escaping hell. That makes it more interesting! I'm pretty excited about seeing this.

Mike, don't forget Fitchner!

The Cage escaping hell bit is new to me. Hopefully Tim can get Farmer to pop up in here clear some shit up.

I'm just pleased to see Cage do another cool movie. It seems like it's been awhile. Not that I didn't enjoy The Sorcerer's Apprentice. (Cause I actually did)

Guest AdminGuyX

I'll give it a shot, but this looks kind of made for cable. Which, I thought the same thing about Breakdown with Kurt Russell, and ended up loving it.

Here is hoping Todd knocked it out of the park with the story, and the trailer doesn't reflect the whole plot.

The clip is the definition of teaser. From what I get of the story it's a chase movie, kinda of a reverse Race with the Devil mixed with the revenge film of your choice.

And I don't know about anyone else but for me, I won't see a 3D movie unless it has Tom Atkins in it now.

• 2 months later...
So here's the new trailer. Not the greatest, but it seems like it'll be a nice fucking crazy Nic Cage film. I'm gonna say it now, Fichtner is going to end up stealing the movie.

This is part of the reason I love coming to the raw boards; I don't hear about stuff like this any where else, and it usually turns out to be great. I'm still waiting to see Soloman Kane, which I first heard about on this board. Nice to see this movie has David Morse as well.

So here's the new trailer. Not the greatest, but it seems like it'll be a nice fucking crazy Nic Cage film. I'm gonna say it now, Fichtner is going to end up stealing the movie.

I gotta say. My favorite moments of that trailer are seeing William Fictner. And I have to admit I've always been scared of David Morse.

I like the trailer a lot more than the teaser. Officially excited to see this one!

It's a good trailer. but to me it seems like they Frankensteined together two separate trailers for it. I also saw the 3D version of it in front of Jackass 3D, the 3D looks pretty great.

It's a good trailer. but to me it seems like they Frankensteined together two separate trailers for it. I also saw the 3D version of it in front of Jackass 3D, the 3D looks pretty great.

Yeah, trailer was sweet. I really wasn't hot for this until I saw it, likeyou, in front of Jackass, now I'm going to have to see it.

• 2 weeks later...
Loved Kick-Ass, but it wasn't Cage that made it for me. I haven't seen Bad Lieutenant yet.

You need to check it out, you got Werner Herzog, Nic Cage becoming more unhinged as the movie progresses and iguana hallucinations. The one nitpick I have for it was that there wasn't enough of Val Kilmer in the movie.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Had to drive an hour, in the blowing snow no less, but I saw Drive Angry in 3D. I was not dissapointed. A lot of critics are bashing it, but I got what I wanted and had a blast. The 3D was good (the only good 3D since Avatar) and Cage and Fitchner killed. Love to see them re-team. Fitchner's Accountant is a grate character. He has some to the best deadpan houmor in the film. Cage was the Terminator from Hell, and Todd was another naked redneck jackass ;)

Glad to see the shotgun get some action. I alway see shotguns used in films, but not as a main weapon. Here it's Cage's gun of choice. Speaking of guns, the Godkiller was pretty cool. Unfourtanatly, it doesn't look like the film is going so hot at the Box Office. I hope word of mouth picks up, it is a fun flick.

I saws it last night and it was a blast. It would have been a fun Ghost Rider flick. I was sadly surprised how empty the theatre was though. Get out there people!