Cowboys and Aliens

Daniel Craig is reportedly in talks to star in this film, based on a graphic novel about cowboys and native Americans teaming up to fight aliens who crash-land on Earth in the Old West, replacing Robert Downey Jr., who quit to work on the sequel to Sherlock Holmes.

Is it just me, or does this have a sorta familiar ring to it? Hmmm.

Not for nothin, but I could totally see TJ in this flick, couldn't you? I mean, seriously, couldn't you just see the Convict strolling into town and facing a bunch of drunken cowboys and native Americans with that big ass axe of his (or whatever you call that thing)?

Or am I the only who gets a chuckle at that picture?

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/daniel-c...alien-invasion/

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently, Daniel Craig is confirmed as Downey's replacement. Olivia Wilde joins the cast:

Olivia Wilde (upcoming Tron Legacy) is in negotiations to star opposite Daniel Craig in the graphic novel adaptation Cowboys & Aliens, to be directed by Jon Favreau for DreamWorks.

Based on the Platinum Studios title written by Fred Van Lente and Andrew Foley, the sci-fi Western explores what would happen if the traditional Old West enemies -- cowboys and Native Americans -- found the prairie attacked by aliens in mid-1800s Arizona.

Wilde will play a character named Ella who joins up with the mysterious gunslinger (Craig).

Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are producing and wrote the script with "Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof. Steven Spielberg, Ron Howard and Brian Grazer are also producing along with Scott Mitchell Rosenberg. Favreau and Denis Stewart are serving as executive producers.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=62915

• 9 months later...

I believe Cowboys and Aliens is my first 2011 Must-See.

The cast features a lot of great actors: Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Sam Rockwell, Clancy Brown, Walton Goggins, etc.

Plus, I'm a huge fan of Jon Favreau.

• 7 months later...

Awesome interview. Ford is the specific reason why I became an actor. He's my idol and he's simply put, the fucking man!

I have a lot of respect for Harrison Ford. Besides being a terrific actor, he's a really nice guy. When he's not flying himself to movie locations or his family to vacation spots, he's flying around in his plane or helicopter to help others in need. Very cool. B)

That's what makes a man a man: Being a man for others. He doesn't have to do that type of shit but he does. Not only that, he's veryyyyy environmentally involved as well. Again, things he doesn't have to do but he goes above and beyond and does it....a man for others.

• 5 weeks later...

Saw it last night. Was an awesome film in my opinion. Very fun with great, old fashioned stunts and action sequence mixed in with the action of today. Daniel Craig did a great job in the role. Definitely played a badass. And Harrison.... well he's Harrison Fucking Ford playing a cowboy/badass, need I say more?

This is a definite recommendation.

-Raf

And Harrison.... well he's Harrison Fucking Ford playing a cowboy/badass, need I say more?

You kinda do, Ford has been sleepwalking through his last few movies.

Not this one....

In Morning Glory, as chick flicked as that movie was, Harrison was the only good thing about the film. He was supposed to be a grumpy ass character and he did it very well in that film.

As for Indy 4.... it still felt like an Indiana Jones film and anything shitty about the film had nothing to do with him (IMHO)

...but also anyone who knows me knows that Harrison Ford is the reason why I became an actor.

-Raf

Cowboys and Aliens KICKS ASS! SOMBITCH! It was more fun than bobb'n for apples in a barrel of Jack Daniels....

Really though It was a blast so much great talent. Ford was great as a cowboy again, hard as nails. DC if he does anymore cowboy stuff, he could easily become one of my favorites. A bit predictable in a couple of spots, but tons of fun.

GO SEE IT!

I saw it Saturday and loved it. The opening scene was fantastic. After Craig took care of the last guy in the opening, I knew this was going to be a bit on the dark side.

Ford was amazing. He was good in Indy 4, but I left that feeling like he could have done a lot more, but here he's in full swing. The supporting cast was pretty great too. Always love seeing Clancy Brown on screen. The guy was made for Westerns. Have to keep that in mind when casting A Magnificent Death from a Shattered Hand ;)

I was very pleased with this, I recomend seeing it.

Saw Cowboys & Aliens. It’s yeehawesome! :P

I laughed. I cried. I really enjoyed it. It feels like I’d waited forever to see this one; I’m glad it didn’t disappoint.

The opening is fantastic. There’s great music throughout. The cast is unbelievable! Especially, love Clancy Brown & Walton Goggins! Daniel Craig & Harrison Ford make the perfect combo. Is it me or does Daniel Craig like to have his shirt off a lot? Not that I’m complaining. ;)

If I had to choose a favorite character besides Craig & Ford, I’d pick Sam Rockwell’s Doc. Rockwell is such a terrific actor; he gives a different performance every time. I wanted to see more of Chris Browning ( I always do).

The aliens have an interesting look, but I wouldn’t want one to touch my face. :blink: I kept thinking of the creatures in The Burrowers. Actually, a lot of the movie had a Burrowers feel w/ a bigger budget.

It’s weird that more Westerns aren’t made today.

Here’s a Fun Fact (& I can’t remember knowing this or not): http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Cowboys-Ali...1997-25452.html

I highly recommend this exciting adventure & really want that bracelet! B)