This is the time of the year I love the most film wise. Studios bring out the best this close to Oscar season, sometimes it makes me wish the Oscars where every three months. I caught this trailer late last night, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Jeff Bridges plays a washed up country singer trying to find his way again. There's quite the cast with Jeff, Robert Duvall, Collin Farrell and Maggie Gyllenhaal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMLApBQspSc

This movie is excellent. Saw it Tuesday night at a Q & A screening with the Writer/Director, Jeff Bridges, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Robert Duvall.

Bridges is outstanding. Great character piece. Really loved it and I'm sure it'll make my Top 10 of the year. This could easily be an Oscar year for Jeff Bridges.

Afterwards, as we walked through the crowded lobby, I was 2 feet away from Duvall and stood there looking at him absolutely starstruck. Couldn't say a word. Maggie was just ahead of me. Turned around and Bridges was behind me. I manned up and asked him if he'd come to the New Beverly Cinema this month to talk about FAT CITY. He said no because he's too busy promoting CRAZY HEART. But he said he loves FAT CITY and he's glad that they're showing it.

This movie opens in about 2 weeks. Seek it out.