WOLVERINE

origin1950

Dude I've never seen that pic of Hugh. It's a gorgeous one. Well I think If X-Men Origins: Wolverine makes a shitload (which it will), I feel like it might make room for a fourth X-Men movie. The thing that bothers me with the X-Men movies is that the first and third films were too short. You can tell a big story with the X-Men and I think if a fuckin Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings movie can crank out 3 fuckin hours, why can't the X-Men? It's not like the movie is gonna fuckin drag on or something. I loved X3 but it seems like it was the "Lets just see how many characters we can cram into 1 hour and 42 minutes" approach or some shit. Ya know what I mean guys?

-Raf

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the extended cut is created and it only includes the deleted scenes, it's not gonna be soo special in my opinion. The deleted scenes on the dvd weren't that great. I would like to see more Colossus. Danny Cudmore had one fuckin line in the movie..... "Yeah she took off." That's it? He had more lines in X2. Barely but still. Angel is another character that could've used more screen time. Worthington is supposed to be an important character. They didn't have to have him in the movie really. Sure his father came up with the cure but that was it. He didn't have to try and test it on him. I woulda just scrapped Angel and then saved him for a larger role in X4.

Well here's the thing Raf, if Angel is going to be a protagonist in X4 now that Hugh Jackman and Ian McKellen are gone, he needed an intro in X3 as small as it may have been. His character is now set up and we know his stance on being a mutant as well as his heroism by saving his dad. Angel is ready to rock and fuckin roll in X4. The other reason why they had him in X3, was to get more people to watch it: they prominently used Angel (a tiny character) in both trailers and all 13 TV spots. Those wings sold. Colossus does need an expansion. but I loved him in both X2 and X3. The fastball special was awesome, and so was his assault on the invaders in X2. Hopefully we'll get more of him and of his speaking abilities. He also needs to lower his body fat. In X2 he was 8-10% and in X3 it went up to 11 or 12%.????

I really enjoyed the Extended and Deleted scenes in the X3 DVD. Wolverine going back to Canada to that same bar from X1 was priceless. The "Beast recites Shakespeare" easter egg was also fuckin awesome. What steals the show outta all those scenes is Vinnie Jones' best line in the film - which had to be taken out:

"I hear your claws can cut through anything. You wanna take a shot?"

vinniejonesisthejuggernzu2.jpg

He'll be back for 2 more films. Can't wait.

-TL

I'd like to see them cut down and focus on the newer characters to the film and also lesser known actors. That way we get more films without a high production cost. Angel, Colossus, Shaw Cat and Ice Man are great characters and Anna Paquin isn't doing a w hole lot else these days (though I suspect Ben Foster will explode any day now).

Frederic

The only good thing about X3 was James Marsden and Famke Jannsen... Everything else was fucking terrible, even Jackman. His one, terrible performance EVER.

Nah, I'm just shitting you. But I get a feeling I gave TL a semi-heart attack there.

I bet you TL was gonna get ready to tear a new asshole on somebody. lol.

See the X-Men could always use a television series too. Who could commit to that though? Too many A-List actors there. There can be a series for all the young ones though.

Michelle Monaghan's up for the role of Silver Fox?

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6699

Last week, it was rumored that Michelle Monaghan was up for the role of Silver Fox in 20th Century Fox's "X-Men" spin-off, X-Men Origins: Wolverin, to be directed by Gavin Hood and starring Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber and Kodi Smit-McPhee.

On Friday, we got a chance to talk to Monaghan on the set of her upcoming thriller, Eagle Eye, and she confirmed that she is up for the role.

"They've asked me to do it," she said. I really like Hugh Jackman and it's a really, really great franchise and stuff. I think we're going to have to work on dates and see if it conflicts. We'll see."

Apparently something went wrong in negotiating the Silver Fox role with Maggie Q, so now they're turning to Michelle. Its not a good casting decision. Wolverine's got a thing for Asian/Native women, and Monaghan is pretty fuckin caucasian. I really don't understand how they couldn't get Maggie since she and Hugh worked together on The List. I was lookin forward to her playing the Fox.

michellemonaghanisafoxfz8.jpgmaggieqnotafoxab6.jpg

*On a separate note, today is the first day of production on X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

-TL

Apparently something went wrong in negotiating the Silver Fox role with Maggie Q, so now they're turning to Michelle. Its not a good casting decision. Wolverine's got a thing for Asian/Native women, and Monaghan is pretty fuckin caucasian. I really don't understand how they couldn't get Maggie since she and Hugh worked together on The List. I was lookin forward to her playing the Fox.

michellemonaghanisafoxfz8.jpgmaggieqnotafoxab6.jpg

*On a separate note, today is the first day of production on X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

-TL

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

I certainly hope you are not insulting Michelle Monaghan. 'Cause if you are, I'm gonna have to fucking kill you.

Besides, casting can't always work. Maybe Maggie's own work interfered in the schedule and she had no choice but to drop out.

You know, in the comics, Wolverine's also like 5'3" and in the films he's like a foot taller. People whined then, but Jackman proved them all wrong. I don't see why Michelle can't work too.

If I was insulting Michelle, I wouldn't have posted that delicious picture of her. I see what you're saying with the height issue and Jackman, but please reference one of my earlier posts on that matter. Height is an improvement for Wolverine, it makes him superior. The Silver Fox has a reputation for appealing to Wolverine because of her Asian/Native appearance. Monaghan's a babe, but she's a white babe. We've already had a white love interest for Wolverine in Famke - which I don't think will ever be topped.

famkeys1.jpg

Maggie Q made a large impact with her supporting role in Fox's second biggest movie of 2007 (Live Free or Die Hard), why she won't be in Fox's biggest film of 2009 is trivial.

-TL

Its a generic title, that FOX feels will establish a prequel pattern between this film and X-Men Origins: Magneto. There's a rumor about an Emma Frost film going around, and I think its safe to say it'll be called X-Men Origins: Emma Frost.

I don't dislike the name (Even though I would prefer "Wolverine") because it puts the word "Origin" somewhere in the title. This is Logan's origin story, so it's definetely a fit. I don't think the second film (if there is one) will have X-Men Origins in its title.

-TL

This is where the fun starts...

Because Production has already begun on X-Men Origins: Wolverine, its only natural that set pics will begin to make their way online. Here are the first two:

This first one in Queenstown, New Zealand will most likely be the Hudson farm featured in the third act of the film...

wolverinesetinqueenstowqu2.jpg

This second one in Deer Park Heights, New Zealand near the Wakatipu lake, is a log cabin I'm assuming will be Wolverine and Silver Fox's home throughout the second act of the film...

wolverinesetindeerparkhfh8.jpg

From here on out the shit's gonna get more and more interesting. Can't wait to see the full cast sheet.

-TL

*Just to add to that previous post, apparently most of the interiors in the film will be shot in the FOX lot located in Sydney, Australia where its estimated that production will wrap. So I guess that means the New Orleans scene (Gambit) will be shot in between New Zealand and Australia???

How peculiar.

-TL

Hey TL!

I looked some but could not find the spot where you had posted a comment about the (then) upcoming RAMBO movie. And I of course ran my mouth off and made fun of it...NAW...CHEW...UURRK...MUNCH...

That would be the sound of me eating my words. I had a small window of time in my day today so I went to see a movie, I wanted to see cloverfield, but the times didn't work out for me. I saw RAMBO instead...dammit if it weren't good!

It's not perfect...it's Rambo...But it is SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE 1st two flicks! Very DARK and VERY ANGRY and very violent, not the cartoony stuff in R2, well in one scene yes, but overall no. So I'm here to say I was very wrong on this film, it is worth spending your hard earned cash...but be warned, it is not for the squeemish!

GOOD CALL TL!...uhm, sorry to go off topic.

I had a good feeling about Rambo and I'm glad you gave it a chance (and you gave Sly's physique a chance). So far this year, there are 3 must see movies:

-There Will Be Blood - starring Daniel Day Lewis

-CLOVERFIELD - starring Lizzy Caplan

-RAMBO - starring Sylvester Stallone

-TL

I just got back from seeing a midnight show of Rambo. It's 2:18 right now and the movie was fuckin GREAT! I swear this film must have had one of the highest fucking body counts in film history. I think Sly has been making the right moves by adding a sequel to the Rocky and First Blood franchises. The only question for him is, where will he go from here? I don't imagine him topping Rocky Balboa and Rambo anytime soon. To me they were really THAT good.

Raff

Not sure why he hasn't posted it here yet (I got a comment on Myspace from him about it) but TL just informed me that Liev Schrieber will be playing SABERTOOTH!!! Crosschecked it against IMDB to make sure he wasn't pulling my leg and that's the rumor. CRAZY!

Thoughts?

I just got back from seeing a midnight show of Rambo. It's 2:18 right now and the movie was fuckin GREAT! I swear this film must have had one of the highest fucking body counts in film history. I think Sly has been making the right moves by adding a sequel to the Rocky and First Blood franchises. The only question for him is, where will he go from here? I don't imagine him topping Rocky Balboa and Rambo anytime soon. To me they were really THAT good.

Raff

A sequel to Cobra, or Demolition Man, where we finally learn how the three seashells are used.

Yeah seriously, how do you use them damn shells? Demolition Man was just on last night. I used to like that movie a lot when I was a kid.

As for Sabretooth, yes I believe it is a FACT that Liev Schreiber will play Victor Creed. In all honesty, I wanted Tyler Mane to come back or see Kevin Nash play him. Schreiber is a good actor and he's around 6'4 so he can be raised to 6'8 and that would be cool. He's just gotta buff up like crazy or they can put a muscle suit on him like they did with Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut. TL and I were just talkin about this about 2 days ago.