WOLVERINE

origin1950

It's a stage term when the actor addresses the audience; the 4th wall being the open end of the stage, or the screen of the theater.

Check out the big theater-lingo brain on JWEB!

Now tell us what a vomitorium is ;)

- tb

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the big theater-lingo brain on JWEB!

Now tell us what a vomitorium is ;)

- tb

Since you asked... ;)

I was a student director at out community college for 4 years, so I had to bone up on all the lingo and theater history.

But a vomitorium is a hallway located at the bottom of the first tier of seats for folks to get to their seats. That I knew from a tour of the Guthrie Theater in high school years ago. It's been a while since I've been there, now I guess it's been relocated. Lots of MN history there.

Stryker hates mutants and comments early on in the film that Wade would be the perfect soldier if not for his mouth. Has more to do with Stryker being a bit mad than being able to set Wolverine up for a jab later.

Still they took away the most interesting aspect of the character, the fact that he's a smart ass, and the whole movie seems to have been written around those little quips for Wolverine.

Development? You mean aside from Chris leaving the team because he couldn't cope with what they were doing to become a sad sideshow attraction at a fair? And I've hear others complain that the films should have been more about Wolverine. I think they did just enough on the side characters to develop the story.

I didn't really give a shit about any of them. Like I said just as soon as they introduce the team they break and then get killed, they could have spent more than 10 minutes on that aspect of the movie and frankly probably would have been better.

Continuity? Have you watched ANY of the Xmen movies? Or HELL, for that matter read the comics? The Patrick Stewart thing was pretty funny. My wife said he ha d a pregnant glow. :)

The Patrick Stewart cameo was horrible, they didn't to show him from the front. As for continuity, they seemed to have moved the Alkali Lake location as well as the escape not jelling at all with what was shown in X2. Then there's Stryker, apparently in 1979 Prof. X looks like Patrick Stewart and Stryker is a different actor who doesn't even attempt to do a southern accent.

Since you asked... ;)

I was a student director at out community college for 4 years, so I had to bone up on all the lingo and theater history.

But a vomitorium is a hallway located at the bottom of the first tier of seats for folks to get to their seats. That I knew from a tour of the Guthrie Theater in high school years ago. It's been a while since I've been there, now I guess it's been relocated. Lots of MN history there.

WOWWW dude. Tim buddy, he got it. He got it.

I think it was 150 m$

I hope they learn from some mistakes for the sequel, but a samurai story in '79 or something? Weird.

Not weird for anyone paying attention brotha! Read the original Claremont/Miller mini-series. The samurai story in Japan was really the first spin-off tale of Wolverine.

Not to keep ragging on the film, it was fun for what it was. I did not go in thinking it should be The Dark Knight, but I was thinkging it should have been along the lines of X2. With this film they tried to set up more spin-offs and cram as many mutants into the film as they could "just because" ( and Donner herself has said that that is going to be part of the X-Men films). I just wish Deadpool would have cut his mouth open sooner, it's part of his character for crying out loud. Guess I'll have to play Ultimate Allience to get my fix ;)

Or watch the upcoming Deadpool movie. Remember he was also being forced to do what he was doing against his will, so mouth or no he would not have been nearly as funny there.

Oh, and the movie made $85M in three days BTW, slightly tailing Iron Man (and Iron Man wasn't released on the net prior). We'll see next weekend, but maybe the problems for the movie are mostly due to the discriminating tastes of the RAW audience.

OH, AND RYAN REYNOLDS IS THE MAN!!!

Oh, and the movie made $85M in three days BTW, slightly tailing Iron Man (and Iron Man wasn't released on the net prior). We'll see next weekend, but maybe the problems for the movie are mostly due to the discriminating tastes of the RAW audience.

Could be, as the 22 year old male entity currently living here went to see it with friends last night and enjoyed the movie. He didn't mind that so many mutants were shoehorned into the flick, but he also would have liked to have seen more war story. He has not read the comics, though, so that may be the difference.

I think I'll what for the DVD to come out.

Most stadiums are vomitoriums, including the Coliseum and Yankee Stadium.

I liked Wolverine for what it was. I don't go into any of these with the expectation it's gonna be Gone With The Wind so I'm normally ok with what I see, Daredevil and Elektra notwithstanding. :-) THOSE just sucked.

Since you asked... ;)

Not weird for anyone paying attention brotha! Read the original Claremont/Miller mini-series. The samurai story in Japan was really the first spin-off tale of Wolverine.

Well, I'm not that familiar with the comics. Maybe that's a cool story. Wolverine and the Samurai sounds interesting for sure, but I thought that the story would be set in the late 19th century, not in the 1970s or 80s...

Well, I'm not that familiar with the comics. Maybe that's a cool story. Wolverine and the Samurai sounds interesting for sure, but I thought that the story would be set in the late 19th century, not in the 1970s or 80s...

IN the comics it was late 70s early 80s.