WOLVERINE

origin1950

We'll see what happens. I'm just gonna assume that Deadpool is all normal looking for the duration of the film until the end where he probably gets Wolverine's dna to cure his cancer and then all of this shit happens like in the comic. Just no costume.

And I hope they don't do something stupid like adding retractable blades from his body.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted on the SHH forums by poster cth:

"WOLVERINE ON THE RUN

With the ultimate mutant, Deadpool, on the loose, Logan and Victor Creed are forced to team up--or be destroyed."

BUT that's printed on one of those correction stickers they use when there's a typo or the info is changed after the boxes are printed.

I peeled it off (I used to love peeling these of of the toys when I worked at KB Toys), and underneath it says:

"BATTLE AT THREE MILE ISLAND

The Weapon 11 program has created the ultimate mutant-DEADPOOL! As the mutant menace rampages across Three Mile Island, Logan and Victor Creed are forced to team up--or be destoyed."

I'm not sure if it was just changed because it says Weapon 11, not weapon XI, or if they meant to use Weapon X, but that and the references to Three Mile Island are really the only things they got rid of on the new sticker. I also have no idea why they changed the name?

The text on the back of the figures CTH posted says:

"Deadpool was created by William Stryker to be the ultimate mutant. He is a monster with a single mission, to serve Stryker's will. He is an indestructible weapon with no weaknesses, and his first target is Wolverine."

XMF has posted three more promo shots of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in 20th Century Fox's X-Men Origins: Wolverine, opening in theaters on May 1st. Directed by Gavin Hood, the anticipated film stars Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Ryan Reynolds, Taylor Kitsch, Will.i.am, Danny Huston, Dominic Monaghan, Daniel Henney and Lynn Collins.

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=53312

wolv005.jpg

wolv003.jpg

wolv002.jpg

There's a guy on the IMDb forums who claims to have seen scarred Deadpool... and that's after the Barakapool vs Wolverine fight. So they just amped up how he became the failed experiment that he is.

But it is the IMDb forums... As reliable as a monkey with a gun.

wolverineexclshhsmall.jpg

20th Century Fox has provided Superhero Hype! with an exclusive new photo of Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson/Deadpool in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, opening in theaters on May 1st. You can view a bigger version of the photo by clicking on it below, and if you missed the new trailer, you can watch it here!

Directed by Gavin Hood, the action-thriller stars Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Reynolds, Taylor Kitsch, Will.i.am, Danny Huston, Dominic Monaghan, Daniel Henney and Lynn Collins.

Leading up to the events of X-Men, "Wolverine" tells the story of Wolverine's epically violent and romantic past, his complex relationship with Victor Creed, and the ominous Weapon X program. Along the way, Wolverine encounters many mutants, both familiar and new, including surprise appearances by several legends of the X-Men universe.

Source: http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8150

To help celebrate the release of the brand new X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE trailer, Fox provided us with an exclusive new pic from the movie. Here we get a shot at Logan and Victor Creed as they're set to be put to death by firing squad. As you might imagine, it's not a very successful execution.

0306wolvie-big.jpg

Click to watch the new WOLVERINE trailer courtesy of JoBlo Video. X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE kicks off the summer season in style on May 1st.

I saw the comic based ones at Wally World. I've been paring my collecting down to only Star Wars crap and been very selective about that so probably no Wolverine in my future. But I figured some folks would dig seeing them. They are pretty cool.

Guest AdminGuyX
I think we're all in denial here and need to accept the fact that they fucked up Deadpool a bit.

Don't mistake apathy for denial.

:P

I just don't think anybody really cares if this character is tweaked a little. We're used to it. None of the characters in the X-men movies are 100% like the comics. If we get about 60% likeness in the midst of a well told story with solid acting, we should count our lucky stars.

Hey, if they can swap actors for Sabertooth they can cast a PERFECT actor for Deadpool and teak the character a bit...and NOT complaining at all about the change for Sabertooth. Liev is PERFECT!!! I'm growing out the Liev chops as I write...

Don't mistake apathy for denial.

:P

I just don't think anybody really cares if this character is tweaked a little. We're used to it. None of the characters in the X-men movies are 100% like the comics. If we get about 60% likeness in the midst of a well told story with solid acting, we should count our lucky stars.

I think having retractable blades coming from his arms are a BIG change. Deadpool likes to wield weapons and use guns. Why have blades coming out of his arms? That's stupid. This isn't Baraka from Mortal Kombat. This is Deadpool. If they make a movie, that shit better not be in there.

Yes the characters aren't 100% but damn close. What they did here was a HUGE mistake in my opinion.

I haven't seen that in ANY of the trailers or pictures. There is a Baraka looking guy, but he also shoots lasers from his eyes. Most likely NOT Deadpool. Every shot I've seen of Deadpool shows him wading in (pun intended) with swords which is straight canon. Do you know something we don't Raffi?

I haven't seen that in ANY of the trailers or pictures. There is a Baraka looking guy, but he also shoots lasers from his eyes. Most likely NOT Deadpool. Every shot I've seen of Deadpool shows him wading in (pun intended) with swords which is straight canon. Do you know something we don't Raffi?

There's been a rumour going around for a while now, but it was pretty much confirmed when the toy pictures of Deadpool came out, and he looked like he does in the latest trailer... So, Deadpool is Weapon 11 aka Barakapool. What did you guys think I've been talking about for the last weeks. :P

So the katanas Wade has, is pretty much just added on to/into his arms...

There's been a rumour going around for a while now, but it was pretty much confirmed when the toy pictures of Deadpool came out, and he looked like he does in the latest trailer... So, Deadpool is Weapon 11 aka Barakapool. What did you guys think I've been talking about for the last weeks. :P

So the katanas Wade has, is pretty much just added on to/into his arms...

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/02/19/x-men...-action-figure/

Suck...