• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's something you guys might also be interested in:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/893/893322p1.html

July 24, 2008 - 20th Century Fox offered a special treat today for fans attending the studio's movies presentation at the San Diego Comic-Con with a first look at next year's X-Men Origins: Wolverine, complete with an appearance by Logan himself, star Hugh Jackman.

The Gavin Hood-directed spin-off recounts Wolverine's exploits before he joined the X-Men. The prequel stars Liev Schreiber as Victor Creed (a.k.a. Sabretooth), Danny Huston as William Stryker, Dominic Monaghan as Beak, Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, Taylor Kitsch as Gambit, and Will.i.am as Wraith.

Jackman surprised the crowd with his "unscheduled" appearance, telling the fans that the movie had literally just wrapped filming and thanking them for all the success he's had thanks to Wolverine. He then came down off the stage to meet Wolverine creator Len Wein and shake his hand.

Jackman then presented "bad ass" exclusive full of "beserker rage" footage from the movie, which he also produced. And we can confirm that it was indeed bad ass.

The trailer-like sequence opens with Logan and Creed in a military prison cell where they survived execution by firing squad for decapitating a senior officer. They are met by Colonel William Stryker, who offers them a chance to serve their country by taking part in the Weapon X program. We then saw glimpses of the team's different members: Blob, Deadpool. Wraith and, in perhaps the biggest mass geekgasm Hall H has ever heard, Gambit.

We then see Logan in the tank where he undergoes the adamantium process, awakening in a beserker rage and slashing down a number of guards. Stryker then calls on Creed, clad in a black trenchcoat and black outfit, to hunt down his old Army buddy Logan. You can imagine how that turns out.

The footage showed Gambit tossing his trademark cards and riding a motorcycle. There was plenty of shots from a chase sequence between Wolverine on a motorcycle, Army trucks and a helicopter. The wartime sequences appear to be set in the Vietnam era, with the New Zealand countryside doubling for Southeast Asia.

Jackman, who had just gotten off a plane from Australia, did not take any questions but thanked the fans profusely for all they've done for his career.

They need to ditch the X-Men Origins bit from the title, but the movie sounds like it'll be pretty cool.

Also, this is pretty cool line from it.

Finally at the very end we see Creed (now as Sabretooth) say to Wolverine, "How are you gonna kill me?"

"I'm gonna cut your goddamn head off." BAM. END.

Jackman surprised the crowd with his "unscheduled" appearance, telling the fans that the movie had literally just wrapped filming and thanking them for all the success he's had thanks to Wolverine. He then came down off the stage to meet Wolverine creator Len Wein and shake his hand.

For all you Wolverine/Jackman fans, here's a kinda cool pic you might like.

Wolverine meets his creator.

comicon-pics-hugh-jackman-wein.jpg

Just kidding. This is the moment when Hugh Jackman leapt into the audience to shake the hand of Wolverine creator Len Wein and thank him for jumpstarting his career. ;)

NOW WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR...

Shots from the footage screened at SDCC!!!

The pics are leaked and we are very fortunate to be seeing them.

James Logan (Troye Sivan) discovers his claws...

w2ad1.jpg ---> w3wp9.jpg

Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) and Sabretooth (Liev Schreiber) get captured...

w4ig1.jpg

Taylor Kitsch is Gambit...

w6jj6.jpg

w5xh7.jpg

w1pk8.jpg

Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool (before the facial problems)...

w15cf1.jpg ---> w16me8.jpg

Lynn Collins is Kayla Silver Fox (left)...

w12jx4.jpg

MORE TO COME...

-TL

Kevin Durand is The Blob...

w7na2.jpg

w8oe7.jpg

w9yp7.jpg

Will I. Am is Kestrel...

w10za6.jpg

Daniel Henney is Agent Zero...

w11dd0.jpg

Tahynna Tozzi is The Vindicator...I think.

w13nb0.jpg ---> w14sg6.jpg

Could be Emma Frost.

THIS MOVIE IS GONNA KICK MAJOR ASS!!!!!!

9 months to go.

-TL

Dude that's fuckin SWEEEEET! I can't wait to see the actual footage. The pics have a vintage look to it. That's probably cause they were pics taken at the screen right? Anyways, I'm fuckin stoked for this film baby!!

-Raffi

The footage is getting leaked tonight.

Every reviewer says Schreiber is vicious as Sabretooth, specially in a shot where he dives into Logan claws first.

I think he survives this film, but Wolverine (as in issue #55) is gonna chop his head off in Part II.

-TL

HOLY FUCK!!!

More leaked pics have surfaced and Hugh Jackman has BECOME Wolverine...

w20xm9.jpg

w25hg1.jpg

w24wx3.jpg

w21kh6.jpg

w26py8.jpg

LIEV SCHREIBER IS A BEAST...

w19xs1.jpg

w18tc8.jpg

Wolverine and Sabretooth are sentenced to death...

w17vs2.jpg

Wolverine flees from Weapon X...

w22ja3.jpg

Wolverine vs Sabretooth...

w23xm8.jpg

THIS MOVIE WILL KICK TOO MUCH ASS!!!!!!

-TL

NOW WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR...

Shots from the footage screened at SDCC!!!

The pics are leaked and we are very fortunate to be seeing them.

James Logan (Troye Sivan) discovers his claws...

w2ad1.jpg ---> w3wp9.jpg

Don't you mean James Howlett?

I am getting antsy for this trailer to be released. When will it be released?

Well James was the Howlett's bastard son.

His father was not Henry Howlett, but his mother was indeed Elizabeth Howlett.

His real father was Thomas Logan - ironically after the trauma he forgot all about the name Howlett but always remembered the name Logan.

Like Vincent Mancini in The Godfather Part III, who's name was Vincent Corleone in actuality, Wolverine's real name is James Logan.

*The Teaser Trailer comes out this November on the week of the 10th.

-TL

Well James was the Howlett's bastard son.

His father was not Henry Howlett, but his mother was indeed Elizabeth Howlett.

His real father was Thomas Logan - ironically after the trauma he forgot all about the name Howlett but always remembered the name Logan.

Like Vincent Mancini in The Godfather Part III, who's name was Vincent Corleone in actuality, Wolverine's real name is James Logan.

*The Teaser Trailer comes out this November on the week of the 10th.

-TL

He was still called James Howlett and believes John Howlett was his real father.

I wouldn't say James Logan is his real name. He was born to John and Elizabeth Howlett and John apparently loved James just as much (probably didn't even know Thomas was the real father).

That's why I made the Godfather Part III analogy.

A bastard son is raised with a last name that doesn't belong to him.

Howlett was not James' birth right.

His true father was everything he would grow up to be - a dark haired berserker with mutton chops that drank alot and packed claws.

John never knew Thomas was James' father, so he died lied to and confused.

The irony of the story is that after the first blood is spilled, Wolverine takes the name of the man that made him who he is - both emotionally (by killing John) and physically (by passing the mutant gene on to him).

Wolverine IS a Logan.

-TL

That's why I made the Godfather Part III analogy.

A bastard son is raised with a last name that doesn't belong to him.

Howlett was not James' birth right.

His true father was everything he would grow up to be - a dark haired berserker with mutton chops that drank alot and packed claws.

John never knew Thomas was James' father, so he died lied to and confused.

The irony of the story is that after the first blood is spilled, Wolverine takes the name of the man that made him who he is - both emotionally (by killing John) and physically (by passing the mutant gene on to him).

Wolverine IS a Logan.

-TL

I would argue that despite the fact that Wolverine "IS a Logan" as you say, he's not really a Logan in the sense that... well, he's a good guy. Dog Logan and Thomas Logan both were incredible bastards who hated the world. James Howlett is more like his "adopted" father than his birth father. John Howlett was a decent man and so is James Howlett, ultimately. He has a sense of right and wrong, and he is capable of doing the right thing. Wasn't it Thomas who murdered John? And James then scarred Dog and killed Thomas before being driven away from home? Had Thomas not murdered John, it's possible that James may never have been driven onto his dark path.

James Howlett is what Wolverine would love to be.

James Logan is what Wolverine is.

Thomas Logan's nature is his own in the end.

He's a killer, he's a mutant, he's an outcast, he's suicidal, he's an animal.

He just tries to fight those qualities.

Sabretooth (being a Logan himself) embraces them.

You can call him a Howlett all you want, but we both know the guy is Thomas Logan's identical clone and undeniable offspring.

-TL

You know I never thought Sabretooth was Dog Logan. He could be a decedent of Dog's, I think that's the extent to which Creed and Logan are connected family wise.

James Howlett is what Wolverine would love to be.

James Logan is what Wolverine is.

Thomas Logan's nature is his own in the end.

He's a killer, he's a mutant, he's an outcast, he's suicidal, he's an animal.

He just tries to fight those qualities.

Sabretooth (being a Logan himself) embraces them.

You can call him a Howlett all you want, but we both know the guy is Thomas Logan's identical clone and undeniable offspring.

-TL

Well, you're just saying that Wolverine was born bad, is a prisoner of fate or something. But just the fact that he tries to fight those qualities is enough for me to say that he is not his father, but is his own man, is more the son of John than Thomas. He can be better than what you suggest his nature is.

He isn't Thomas Logan's identical clone... son, which means he only has half the genes.

Also... I don't think it's been confirmed that Dog Logan is Sabertooth (is that what you're implying?)

Dog Logan is not Sabretooth.

At least according to the continuity in the film.

Aaron Jeffery is playing Dog and his son Victor is being played by one Liev Schreiber.

They're both 6'4" so I think its good casting.

dogbjt4.jpg

It seems the Logan family gene consists of very tall (6'3" and up) males.

-TL

Dog Logan is not Sabretooth.

At least according to the continuity in the film.

Aaron Jeffery is playing Dog and his son Victor is being played by one Liev Schreiber.

They're both 6'4" so I think its good casting.

dogbjt4.jpg

It seems the Logan family gene consists of very tall (6'3" and up) males.

-TL

In the comic, Wolverine isn't that tall... wasn't he only like 5'3" for most of his history?