Deadpool

relias33

So it's confirmed that Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick are set to write Deadpool....they wrote Zombieland, my favorite film of 2009.... I think this is a perfect choice!

• 5 months later...

http://movies.ign.com/articles/109/1097117p1.html

Robert Rodrguez has been offered the Deadpool movie. If he accecpts, it could be just what we're looking for. Hopefully Reynolds is still attached. I have not heard much about this project in the last couple of months. I was starting to think it was dead. I wonder how the Venom movie is coming along?

• 1 month later...

Here's another artical confirming that Fox is going after RR: http://www.joblo.com/robert-rodriguez-in-s...ks-for-deadpool

Sounds like it's going to happen. I think Robert would be a perfect fit for Deadpool. The crazy gun antics of Desperado mixed with his dark humor is fitting (Johnny Depp in Once Upon A Time in Mexico very well could have been Deadpool, the craziness, black humor and violent tendencies).

Yeah I never thought of Fleischer for the gig..... but Rodriguez has Machete coming up...that oughta be a good one. I bet you're excited for when Rodriguez does Spy Kids 4

Yeah I never thought of Fleischer for the gig..... but Rodriguez has Machete coming up...that oughta be a good one. I bet you're excited for when Rodriguez does Spy Kids 4

Honestly I'm not that excited about Machete. It's awesome that Danny Trejo is headlining a theatrical feature with Robert DeNiro no less. But, ehhhh.

Honestly I'm not that excited about Machete. It's awesome that Danny Trejo is headlining a theatrical feature with Robert DeNiro no less. But, ehhhh.

You don't want to see Machete? I believe Tim Roth is in a fake trailer for the film, so I want to see that.

• 8 months later...

Been a while since anything was mentioned here seeing as how the progress on the Deadpool film has been slow. HOWEVER..... talk has been going around the VFX pro Tim Miller is now attached to direct the Deadpool film. Miller has worked on X-Men and X2 for FX among other well known films.

Also, a rumored title for the film has been revealed.... ready for thissss?????

X-Men Origins: Deadpool

Go figure.... that's okay though, just film the fucking movie already Ryan!

-Raf

Notice how he was not involved in X3 or Wolverine. This is a step in the right direction. Personally, I would have loved to have seen Rober Rodriguez do this. His style in Deperado would have been perfect. Just as long as his mouth is not stiched shut... ;)

Rodriguez IS perfect for this film but he isn't available unfortunately. Reynolds said that this film will be completely true to the comics multiple times and also said that it pretty much has nothing to do with the X-Men Orgins: Wolverine character.

Deadpool would be a good film for him though. It doesn't matter anyhow seeing as how this Tim Miller FX feller is credited as the helmer of this project

I don't really care for Rodriguez anymore. The man has some style, but his writing has been getting progressively worse with each movie. Adam McKay is someone I think could make a great Deadpool film.

His writing style, yes, but he can still do crazy action which is what this needs. The stuff with Johnny Depp in Once upon a Time in Mexico could easily relate to Deadpool.

Adam McKay, while not a big fan, would be intresting to see as well. I think they have picked to right team to script, and I think giving the new guy a shot is not that bad of an idea. The thing to remember is Fox is notorious for messing with their films.