Diesel: xXx's Xander Cage isn't dead and could return

Vin Diesel, who played extreme secret agent Xander Cage in xXx, told a group of reporters that the plan to revive his character in a third film is already in place. A short film appearing on the xXx director's cut DVD killed off Cage to make room for a new xXx (played by Ice Cube) in xXx: State of the Union. Now director Rob Cohen plans to bring Cage back.

"Ain't that America?" Diesel joked in a group interview on Friday in Hollywood, where he was promoting Fast & Furious.

The short "The Death of Xander Cage" ends with a Diesel double dashing into a building. The building explodes, and Cage's scalp, with the character's signature xXx tattoo, lands amid the debris. Cage's death is also referenced in xXx: State of the Union.

"That has been [rectified]," Diesel said. "Rob Cohen found a way to. [He] has incorporated that into the story years ago. It's just now that he's implementing it. It's now that he's using it. It's a good question."

Diesel said he is now game to reprise the role of Xander Cage as long as the fans want him to. "Should I do it?" he asked reporters, who all responded in the affirmative. "That's all I need to hear. That's all I need to hear."

Source: http://scifiwire.com/2009/03/diesel-xxxs-xander-cage-i.php