Guest AdminGuyX

padamati sandhya ragam

Guest AdminGuyX

In 1986, I was 14 years old, and more than likely I was running around the woods of Northern Michigan hunting, playing paintball, or in a weekend art class with my art teacher doing gesture drawing drills.

Tom, he was doing this.

Awesome. Tom, was this your first feature film?

How about other members?

What were you busy doing in 1986?

How many of our members here were not even born yet?

;)

Thanks for the clip, Noeland! I never realized that Thomas Jane was in Duran Duran. LOL - I'm totally kidding! - that video was gorgeous and sweet.

Me? I was 19 and going to double-features like Aliens and The Fly at the dollar cinema ... in the evenings ... alone ... and I'm a girl ...

Now? I sometimes think twice about going to movies even with a friend, since you never know who might attend with you, in those dark and confined public places ...

I buried a friend, had a weight lifted from my shoulders, and somehow got through another year sober...watched a lot of movies and played a lot of flag football, 3 on 3 basketball and it was my last year catching for a semi pro baseball team, my arm gave out and I couldn't throw any more...I was 30, it was fucking great..

What were you busy doing in 1986?

;)

1986. Well...............I was living in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Being a wife, and mommy to two little girls. Celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary. Getting pregnant with my (didn't know it at the time) son. Watching a lot of PBS and Nickelodeon.

Thanks for sharing that clip, Noeland. This is one of the few films of Thomas' that I've never seen or been able to find anywhere. I would love to see the whole thing. Love that clip though, and Thomas was so cute with his shaggy and boyish good looks. Gotta love that!! :lol:

As far what I was doing that year, I was just finishing school, and embarking on a loooong career! :lol: Still in it today too. Guess I should consider myself lucky, huh? ;)

Actually, I do have a question for Tom on this:

You seem fairly close with your family, so I was just wondering how the parents and siblings reacted when big bro decided to live in India for a year and be a foreign film star at the ripe ol' age of 17???

Were they shocked and amazed? Encouraging? Adamantly "oh, hell nooo!"?

Being close with my family, then and now, I am just curious how that went over :)

I waited an additional 2 years and then I was born! lol

I got my first BMX and learned to cycle/defy gravity by being shoved down a hill by my evil older brother.... good times.

I was 16 and struggling with puberty and the unfairness of the world at that point. ;)

I think it's beyond cool, that Thomas was in a REAL Bollywood film, long before it became hip and trendy in the rest of the world. What a cult way to start a film career....

Hi Noeland!

The video you posted 10 years ago is still emerging from time to time on the Internet it seems. Like... right now: 

In 1986, I was 8 years old and I remember my mother took me to the cinema to see Roman Polanski's "Pirates". He he...

In my memories it was a fantastic movie with a beautiful ship and a beautiful Chris Campion, adventurous adventures, salty water... I loved it! For the eyes of an adult it was probably not that remarkable.

However, it had the positive effect that I got interested in Roman Polanski and watched "Dance of the vampires" shortly  after. More he he he 😉

19 hours ago, Enaira said:

Hi Noeland!

The video you posted 10 years ago is still emerging from time to time on the Internet it seems. Like... right now: 

In 1986, I was 8 years old and I remember my mother took me to the cinema to see Roman Polanski's "Pirates". He he...

In my memories it was a fantastic movie with a beautiful ship and a beautiful Chris Campion, adventurous adventures, salty water... I loved it! For the eyes of an adult it was probably not that remarkable.

However, it had the positive effect that I got interested in Roman Polanski and watched "Dance of the vampires" shortly  after. More he he he 😉

Wow, that really was the '80s, wasn't it? I was half expecting Ah-Ha to turn up, and Tom to start singing 'Take on Me' with them!

In 1986, I was 23!

This could not be more 80's if it tried 😂😂  That's some 'do he's working there, takes me back to the days when guys used nearly as much hair product as the girls.

In '86 I was sixteen, just about to bid school a not-so-fond farewell (we'd only barely tolerated each other for years!) and off into the big wide world of the YTS scheme (anyone remember them?).

16 minutes ago, Gail said:

This could not be more 80's if it tried 😂😂  That's some 'do he's working there, takes me back to the days when guys used nearly as much hair product as the girls.

In '86 I was sixteen, just about to bid school a not-so-fond farewell (we'd only barely tolerated each other for years!) and off into the big wide world of the YTS scheme (anyone remember them?).

Yep, I remember the Youth Training Scheme - my town allowed us to go to college instead of a work placement, so when I was 17, I did a psychology course!

Wow, that's good!  I ended up at a local estate agents who used me for menial tasks for two years then booted me out, not uncommon for the YTS kids.  Still, better than kicking my heels (just!)

1 hour ago, Gail said:

Wow, that's good!  I ended up at a local estate agents who used me for menial tasks for two years then booted me out, not uncommon for the YTS kids.  Still, better than kicking my heels (just!)

Whereas what we both should have done is run away to India to become movie stars! 

Although... I was in an Indian ice cream advert. And ran across the set of a movie being filmed while I was out for a run around Fort Kochi. They totally count, right?!

Yup - absolutely they count!!

3 minutes ago, Gail said:

Yup - absolutely they count!!

Brilliant - now, where do I get a bouffy hairdo from? 🤣

Where we learn:

1/ where the #tbt picture of Tom playing the piano with an Elvis haircut comes from

2/ that there were indeed close ups in that movie where Tom can be seen and even recognized 

3/ that already at the young age of 17, Tom was infatuated with beautiful cars and hats (not to mention the beautiful girl, but enough mischief from me today)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.