Sign in to follow this  
JoeJusko

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

I love Ben Roethlisberger. Glad he got that pass to Holmes.

It would be nice if they would do that a bit sooner so I have left by the end of the game! LOL

BTW, where are you from in NYC? I was born and raised in Alphabet City, on 5th St. between Ave's. A & B.

I love Ben Roethlisberger. Glad he got that pass to Holmes.

It would be nice if they would do that a bit sooner so I have left by the end of the game! LOL

BTW, where are you from in NYC? I was born and raised in Alphabet City, on 5th St. between Ave's. A & B.

Well the score was low but that pass was incredible, wasn't it?

Chelsea Projects, West 26th Street between 9th and 10th Avenues

Lived right across from the Hudson Guild, which is now a theater.

I hung in Alphabet City a while back.

Unfortunately, I'm a Detroit Lions fan. They'll always be my boys no matter how shitty we are.

My favorite player however is Sean McHugh who was a fullback/tight end for the Lions but now is playing tight end for the Steelers. He doesn't play much cause they have a good list of tight ends ahead of him but he's damn good when given the chance to block and catch.

Anyways, I've always liked the Steelers and am glad they clinched.

I know the area well! Back in the 80's I used to bounce at a dance club called The Rooftop on 26th St, between 7th and 8th Ave

Well the score was low but that pass was incredible, wasn't it?

Chelsea Projects, West 26th Street between 9th and 10th Avenues

Lived right across from the Hudson Guild, which is now a theater.

I hung in Alphabet City a while back.

Ahh not only a kick ass artist but a fellow bouncer. Good stuff

Bounced from the late 70's thru the mid-late 80's in a bunch of places. Great single guy's job! :-) "Mother's" in New Jersey was the biggest bloodbath.

Ahh not only a kick ass artist but a fellow bouncer. Good stuff

I know the area well! Back in the 80's I used to bounce at a dance club called The Rooftop on 26th St, between 7th and 8th Ave

WOW! too cool...how long were you a bouncer? Are you in NYC now?

I've never been to NYC.

I am looking forward to seeing what happens when the Steelers come here on sunday to clash with the Titans! Especially since the Titans decided to roll over and die when they played Houston yesterday.

I've been in Pittsburgh since '94. I bounced around NY for about ten years, even while I was a cop in the South Bronx (which wasn't allowed). oops. :-)

WOW! too cool...how long were you a bouncer? Are you in NYC now?

I've been in Pittsburgh since '94. I bounced around NY for about ten years, even while I was a cop in the South Bronx (which wasn't allowed). oops. :-)

I think you should rename this thread "Remember When", you got me going back in the day... :lol:

How could you leave NYC like that? SLAP SLAP...so where in the South Bronx? I attended Christopher Columbus High School, then headed to Cali for UCLA. Came back to NYC, and worked for Newsweek Magazine on Madison Avenue.

I know, I know! I wanted to see trees before I died! LOL I lived on Staten Island for the last 7 years I was there, and fled during a contentious divorce. Two sentences out of my mouth and everyone here knows where I'm from. That, and the "attitude". :-) Hey, Tim!!! Remember "I'll strangle the both a' ya's"! LOL I worked in the 42 Pct., on 159 and Washington

I think you should rename this thread "Remember When", you got me going back in the day... :lol:

How could you leave NYC like that? SLAP SLAP...so where in the South Bronx? I attended Christopher Columbus High School, then headed to Cali for UCLA. Came back to NYC, and worked for Newsweek Magazine on Madison Avenue.

I know, I know! I wanted to see trees before I died! LOL I lived on Staten Island for the last 7 years I was there, and fled during a contentious divorce. Two sentences out of my mouth and everyone here knows where I'm from. That, and the "attitude". :-) Hey, Tim!!! Remember "I'll strangle the both a' ya's"! LOL I worked in the 42 Pct., on 159 and Washington

Did you ever bounce at The Fun House on 26th? I was a pretend club-kid there; I was so young but with makeup looked so much older. I hung heavy at the Limelight until they closed that. People I meet pick up immediately on my accent; even though one guy asked if I was from Boston and I almost punched him....almost... :lol:

I lived on 170th and Washington, right across from the school whose name I can't remember right now. Let me ask you this: do you find that you think now now now and living someplace else you find that people have to catch up to you? I am used to answers quickly and thinking quickly but whenever I lived outside of NYC I find difficulty adjusting because some people are laid back or they just shut down...I am more in ya face, what do ya want type of thinking...are you?

Unfortunately, I'm a Detroit Lions fan. They'll always be my boys no matter how shitty we are.

My favorite player however is Sean McHugh who was a fullback/tight end for the Lions but now is playing tight end for the Steelers. He doesn't play much cause they have a good list of tight ends ahead of him but he's damn good when given the chance to block and catch.

Anyways, I've always liked the Steelers and am glad they clinched.

yeesh...the Lions....I have lived here all my life and have never been a big lions fan, cept for maybe the Barry Sanders days, christ could that guy run.

Always have been a big fan of the Steelers, I fell in love with them during the Bradshaw era and in particular Rocky Bleier.

I'll go to my grave an out and out Pirates slappy, thanks to Roberto Clemente.

I remember the Funhouse but never worked there. There was an after hours place called The Egyptian Gardens on the northwest corner of 28th and 8th.

You are SO right!!! I feel I'm SO much more "on the ball" than the locals. LOL Waiting for them to talk or get a thought out is maddening! I also speak so much faster than people outside of NYC. I'm constantly talking over people and carrying on three conversations at once (the way we do it in NY)! LOL

Did you ever bounce at The Fun House on 26th? I was a pretend club-kid there; I was so young but with makeup looked so much older. I hung heavy at the Limelight until they closed that. People I meet pick up immediately on my accent; even though one guy asked if I was from Boston and I almost punched him....almost... :lol:

I lived on 170th and Washington, right across from the school whose name I can't remember right now. Let me ask you this: do you find that you think now now now and living someplace else you find that people have to catch up to you? I am used to answers quickly and thinking quickly but whenever I lived outside of NYC I find difficulty adjusting because some people are laid back or they just shut down...I am more in ya face, what do ya want type of thinking...are you?

I remember the Funhouse but never worked there. There was an after hours place called The Egyptian Gardens on the northwest corner of 28th and 8th.

You are SO right!!! I feel I'm SO much more "on the ball" than the locals. LOL Waiting for them to talk or get a thought out is maddening! I also speak so much faster than people outside of NYC. I'm constantly talking over people and carrying on three conversations at once (the way we do it in NY)! LOL

People always ask me to slow down so they can understand what I am saying... :lol:

I find that us New Yorkers have created the style of multi-tasking and unless you are from here can you possibly master it. There have been times during the years where I thought there must be something wrong with me, UNTIL I come home to NYC and feel like naw, it is the others who don't get me... :P

I also find in relationships I can only hang with guys from NYC because I don't have to try to be understood. They always get it. Now those guys from New Jersey....wellllllllllllll.... :P

EVERYONE, including my girlfriend asks me to sloww down or repeat myself! :-) On Thanksgiving her mother told her to apologize to me for not answering alot of the time, but she didn't understand what I was saying!!! :lol:

If I weren't taken I'd be feeling a love connection here!~ LOLOL

People always ask me to slow down so they can understand what I am saying... :lol:

I find that us New Yorkers have created the style of multi-tasking and unless you are from here can you possibly master it. There have been times during the years where I thought there must be something wrong with me, UNTIL I come home to NYC and feel like naw, it is the others who don't get me... :P

I also find in relationships I can only hang with guys from NYC because I don't have to try to be understood. They always get it. Now those guys from New Jersey....wellllllllllllll.... :P

EVERYONE, including my girlfriend asks me to sloww down or repeat myself! :-) On Thanksgiving her mother told her to apologize to me for not answering alot of the time, but she didn't understand what I was saying!!! :lol:

If I weren't taken I'd be feeling a love connection here!~ LOLOL

I think we need to create a website specifically for New Yorkers and read the stories of difficulties of people understanding the way we are... :lol:

Your girlfriend is lucky as hell and I wish I was her, but I will resign myself to being your virtual connection... :P

Palmiotti and I can write a book, right, Jimmy?

I think we need to create a website specifically for New Yorkers and read the stories of difficulties of people understanding the way we are... :lol:

Awww. :-)

Your girlfriend is lucky as hell and I wish I was her, but I will resign myself to being your virtual connection... :P

Oh I would LOVE to read that! :lol:

I beg to differ - but only slightly! My whole family (including a mother from St. Louis) are all fast talkers and quick organizers. But I think a lot of it was osmosis from my father - a Bronx boy born & raised (in the 1930-40's). He was the first radio station manager for Fordham U. after the war. Story goes, when he heard a recording of himself saying "Dis is da verse a Ferdem University, at terty-terd n terd" (This is the voice of Fordham University at thirty-third and third) he worked on his accent! So by the time I came around he didn't have one drop of accent but the pace didn't change! Even for DC, my family talked too fast.

You'll have lots of readers!!

Did you REALLY have to explain "33rd and 3rd"? LOL

I beg to differ - but only slightly! My whole family (including a mother from St. Louis) are all fast talkers and quick organizers. But I think a lot of it was osmosis from my father - a Bronx boy born & raised (in the 1930-40's). He was the first radio station manager for Fordham U. after the war. Story goes, when he heard a recording of himself saying "Dis is da verse a Ferdem University, at terty-terd n terd" (This is the voice of Fordham University at thirty-third and third) he worked on his accent! So by the time I came around he didn't have one drop of accent but the pace didn't change! Even for DC, my family talked too fast.

You'll have lots of readers!!

Bounced from the late 70's thru the mid-late 80's in a bunch of places. Great single guy's job! :-)

AGREEEED

yeesh...the Lions....I have lived here all my life and have never been a big lions fan, cept for maybe the Barry Sanders days, christ could that guy run.

Barry is the reason why I'm such a big Lions fan. Even though he's long gone now, he still left a big mark on me.