Tim Bradstreet

My Bloody Valentine - 3D

It played this morning at Buttnumbathon in Austin for the first time to an audience. Director Patrick Lussier and actors, Jaime King and Megan Boone where there. Apparently the crowd went nuts. Loved it. I spoke with Lussier around 2am and he was bouncing off the walls with excitement. This of course, made it impossible for me to sleep. :)

Well, My Bloody Valentine 3D played to a Butt-Numb-a-Thon audience this weekend (that's the film fest put on by AICN) and we've had a few attendees write in to proclaim how good it was. After Lionsgate's trailer (which was surprisingly strong), we've got our fingers crossed. As the studio ramps up to its January 16th release, we've been sent five new stills - two of which are admittedly screen grabs from the trailer. For the full gallery, click on star Jensen Ackles' mug below. Also, click here for the UK trailer, which is not unlike the U.S. version.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=8864

It played this morning at Buttnumbathon in Austin for the first time to an audience. Director Patrick Lussier and actors, Jaime King and Megan Boone where there. Apparently the crowd went nuts. Loved it. I spoke with Lussier around 2am and he was bouncing off the walls with excitement. This of course, made it impossible for me to sleep. :)

That's AWESOME Todd.

That's gotta feel good after so many nightmares toiling in the game.

And best of luck at your meeting tomorrow.

This time you're going to see the real $.

xoxo - TB

6. My Bloody Valentine in 3-D (2009) -- Some say I'm a "soft touch" with horror, and others think I'm "too demanding" of the genre. All I know is A) I know when I like a horror flick, and B) I always know why. And I really like the My Bloody Valentine remake because it doesn't have an ounce of pretense, irony, or delusions of grandeur. This movie wants to be an enthusiastic throwback to the days of FUN slasher movies, and the gorehounds can believe me when I say ... this slasher flick delivers the goods. It'll probably get savaged by the more highfalutin' film critics, but if you judge a flick based on how well it delivers on its promises, then this flick is a winner. Plus the 3-D is really cool. (Check out my full review at FEARnet right here.)

Continue reading:

http://www.cinematical.com/2008/12/15/tale...-a-bnat-newbie/

George Mihalka's 1981 Canadian slasher movie My Bloody Valentine is sort of a rarity among similar flicks of the era for a few reasons: Instead of stupid teenagers, the movie is populated with (fairly stupid) grown-ups; it aims to add a small air of mystery-style "whodunnit?" to a generally standard "slasher" premise; and (weirdly enough), it never warranted any sort of sequels. For these reasons, plus the fact that it's actually a little creepy and often quite nasty, the old-school horror fans have held a small place in their heart for this odd little Halloween knock-off.

my bloody valentine

And those fans, in addition to lots of younger horror freaks, are likely to have a big-time, blood-soaked ball with Patrick Lussier's new version. The 2009 edition of My Bloody Valentine also comes in a very nifty 3-D presentation, which adds a slick layer of icing to a familiar (but quite tasty) cupcake of carnage. Boasting a fast pace, a twisted sense of humor, a few surprisingly strong performances, and more creative dispatches than you'll know what to do with. The 3-D gimmick adds a lot to the "fun value" of this basic-yet-appealing slasher remake, but it also helps (a lot) that My Bloody Valentine offers just enough plot and character to keep us interested in between all the morbid mayhem.

Continue reading:

http://www.fearnet.com/news/reviews/b14051..._3d_review.html

Guest AdminGuyX
It played this morning at Buttnumbathon in Austin for the first time to an audience. Director Patrick Lussier and actors, Jaime King and Megan Boone where there. Apparently the crowd went nuts. Loved it. I spoke with Lussier around 2am and he was bouncing off the walls with excitement. This of course, made it impossible for me to sleep.

There is no question this is going to be a fun movie from the trailers. I'm really happy to hear it went over so well among that crowd too.

8 of 10 on chud. Cool man.

Kind of sucks to hear that some theaters will be playing it in 2D though.

hey, CHECK IT OUT:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39458

MBV is all over Mr. beaks Best lists!!

Cool.

A slasher boom is coming in 2009 and one peeved miner named Harry Warden is throwing open the doors and leading the charge when My Bloody Valentine 3D arrives January 16th. Warden's return is just the beginning. Jason Voorhees, Michael Myers and Freddy Krueger are all in line with their own reboots/sequels to scratch at the front door of your local multiplex again in the next year or so. And in a time where what's old is new, there's an upside. Studios are returning to the vaults to dust off the original films that are serving as inspiration for these remakes hitting theaters. That's great for the fans, even better for fans of George Mihalka's Canadian '80s slasher film My Bloody Valentine.

Produced by the team John Dunning and André Link (of Happy Birthday to Me, Cronenberg's Rabid and Shivers), My Bloody Valentine suffered an evisceration by a distributor (in this case Paramount) under fire by critics who were lambasting the studio at the time for the body count picture Friday the 13th. To avoid the dreaded X rating, Paramount made a significant number of cuts to My Bloody Valentine and released it in theaters February 11, 1981. And now, thanks to the efforts of Lionsgate Home Entertainment, Mihalka's sophomore feature effort - a gem amongst its brethren and one that's undeniably Canadian - will be seen by fans uncut. Getting to this point, however, took a bit of detective work.

Continue reading:

http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=8926

Or, I should say, less trailer and more TV spot-ish? Here's a 38-second promo for My Bloody Valentine 3D and...it's pretty awesome. You can't beat a kill montage cut to White Zombie (I know, we succumb to simple pleasures here). Check it out below and hang tight - early reports floating in to us say this film pushes the boundaries of its R rating!

Click to see new trailer!

liked the original, but this upped version looks a bit more brutal, and wet...

oh yeah, 3D!

Now that you're married Dave, make sure you siphon off some of that wedding cash for a vacation to San Diego this summer.

You, me, Farmer, TJ, Jusko, and Co, at the Red Pearl for our annual grub and drunk sounds like something to look forward too!

Quietly Quest to Queue up the Quintessential Quid mon frere.

- QB

Harry Warden begins his assault on the small screen with two TV spots for My Bloody Valentine 3D.

We'll have a ton of coverage for the film coming at the beginning of the new year, so hang tight. And get ready for a re-release of the original film on DVD uncut! For more on that, check out this exclusive interview with the producer of the disc.

My Bloody Valentine 3D stars Jensen Ackles, Jaime King, and Kerr Smith.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=8979

Now that you're married Dave, make sure you siphon off some of that wedding cash for a vacation to San Diego this summer.

You, me, Farmer, TJ, Jusko, and Co, at the Red Pearl for our annual grub and drunk sounds like something to look forward too!

Quietly Quest to Queue up the Quintessential Quid mon frere.

- QB

That definitely sounds like something to look forward to. I will Endeavour to Eagerly Edge towards that Entertaining End........after checking with the wife of course :)

Horror films are getting hip to 3-D, but are theaters? Progress is slow. A New York Times article, looking at how the genre is embracing the revived gimmick, revealed how many screens in the country will be able to host the upcoming My Bloody Valentine 3D:

"Like all studios experimenting with 3-D, Lionsgate is struggling with a shortage of theaters equipped to project the work. By the release date for My Bloody Valentine 3D, Lionsgate will have only 900 3-D screens available, so it will show a 2-D version of the movie on about 1,600 screens."

Before you venture out to see the film on January 16th, it might be best to check with your local theater and inquire about its presentation.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=8984

3.) My Bloody Valentine 3D (Trailer/Photos): An unlikely choice for a remake, but a welcome one. MBV3D relocates actor Jensen Ackles from his regular gig on Supernatural to the town of Harmony where a killer, wearing a miner's outfit and carrying a pick-axe, is raising hell on Valentine's Day. Pretty cut and dry, don't ya think? Well, maybe not so "dry" as we've heard the film revels in gore. Co-stars Jaime King and Kerr Smith try and stay afloat in this bloodbath.

• Opens: January 16, 2009

• About this "3-D" thing: This remake comes with the bragging rights of being the first released 3-D horror film of 2009. New Line also has one waiting in the wings (see a few stops down on this list) and Dimension Films will go into production soon on Piranha 3D. However, because some theaters across the country are not yet equipped with the technology to screen new 3-D fare, it's likely a few of you out there will only be able to see the film in 2-D. Mucho bummer.

• Why I'm excited: I was hooked by the marketing. Great trailer. Dynamic poster. It's got Tom Atkins (that should seal any deal). Reports out of an early festival screening say it's effective across the board and does not disappoint. And the 3-D is supposedly pretty wicked. I've always loved the original, but I'm open-minded enough to give this slasher throwback a chance.

• Then again... It's directed by Patrick Lussier whose track record of directing direct-to-DVD Dimension sequels and Dracula 2000 isn't exactly rousing. Still, he's worked as Wes Craven's editor since New Nightmare. Maybe some of Craven's "slasher magic dust" rubbed off on Lussier and he'll prove to be more at ease with masked killers than a fanged Gerard Butler.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=8983

Happy holidays, Jensen Ackles lovers. We've got a new photo of the Supernatural star in the upcoming My Bloody Valentine 3D as well as a look at killer Harry Warden in action. Enjoy, and check out more MBV3D treats right here before the film hits theaters January 16th.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9002

Lionsgate has blown open the doors to the official site for My Bloody Valentine 3D (opening January 16th). What was once a teaser page is now a fully operational site that embraces the film's 3-D approach (you can manipulate the direction of killer Harry Warden's pick-axe) and offers stills, downloads and a widget, which you can see below. Go check it out!

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9005

Two grisly images that live up to the My Bloody Valentine 3D moniker have surfaced online. I'll let the images speak for themselves. Look for the film - starring Jaime King, Jensen Ackles, Kerr Smith and Edi Gathegi - in theaters on January 16th. Click here for pics, trailers and more!

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9027

Well, it's going to be interesting. We're only in close to 1000 3D screens...cuz that's all there is. And close to 1600 2D screens but I gotta think, anyone heading out on a cold January night to see this movie is gonna wanna see it in 3D. Honestly though, I've seen it two dozen times in 2D and it's great but again, it's 3D! In any case. It should be interesting to see how it all plays out. :)