Black Dynamite

Mike V

A lot of people were enamored with this movie on the boards before it came out. Then it came and went and apparently nobody saw it. If they did, they didn't post about it.

I was never that interested in it. Seemed like I'd seen it before. When it came out in L.A., I considered going, but never did.

Well tonight, the New Beverly Cinema had a grindhouse triple feature:

PLANET TERROR (Extended Cut)

DEATH PROOF (Extended Cut)

BLACK DYNAMITE

Seemed like the perfect crowd to see it with. There was a large audience for PLANET TERROR. Then more people showed up for DEATH PROOF. Then the theater reached capacity for BLACK DYNAMITE. I was pretty surprised. This movie just came out and bombed.

Well, I don't understand why. This movie is HYSTERICALLY FUNNY. Laugh out loud funny. Scene after scene after scene. Never been a fan of Michael Jai White, but he is note perfect here. It played amazingly well and I couldn't believe how good it was. And I can't believe that I have not heard anyone talk about it. I guess everyone I know missed it.

This is arguably the funniest movie of the year. When the New Beverly screens it again next year, I'll be there!

Did this even get released outside of LA? I remember really wanting to check this out, then nothing. Then all of a sudden, the trailer pops up on the Dark Country DVD, for the Black Dynamite DVD. Go figure.

Did this even get released outside of LA? I remember really wanting to check this out, then nothing. Then all of a sudden, the trailer pops up on the Dark Country DVD, for the Black Dynamite DVD. Go figure.

Exactly, JWeb - I saw the trailer on the Dark Country DVD and thought "Wherever did Black Dynamite go?!"

Glad you saw it and enjoyed, Brian!

OMG! This is even better than the other trailer! Makes me wanna wear my dashiki and play Pimps, Players & Private Eyes for the rest of the day!

So were my ears playing tricks on me? Towards the end of the trailer I swear the voice-over said "DYN-O-MITE!". Makes me wonder if JJ Walker might have a cameo. And the lead female is a drop-dead ringer for the original Foxy Brown, the incredible Pam Grier.

The lead female is the same chick who played Dr. Robert Neville's wife in "I Am Legend".

Archived