Tim Bradstreet

Show Your Wares

Thank you!

Pigma micron pens. This one I used a 005 on it all. I wanted the thin lines for the cracks and speckles. But once I started laying in the detail I couldn't put it down. Sometimes I use 01 and 03 to vary line thickness. If I lay in a lot of black then I use a pentel brush pen.

By the way, I love all your work man, the skeletal stuff in particular. Great details and the pen work makes me drool.

Thank you Irish!

I've heard of these pens - I'll have to track them down. I bought a brush pen awhile back but haven't used it yet. Probably should start though - might save me some time doing solid blacks instead of crosshatching like mad!

Best,

Pete

Thank you!

Pigma micron pens. This one I used a 005 on it all. I wanted the thin lines for the cracks and speckles. But once I started laying in the detail I couldn't put it down. Sometimes I use 01 and 03 to vary line thickness. If I lay in a lot of black then I use a pentel brush pen.

By the way, I love all your work man, the skeletal stuff in particular. Great details and the pen work makes me drool.

I did this in Art Class in High School in the 11th or in the 12th grade. Everybody else was having trouble drawing the eyes on the person they chose to draw, although I didn't pick this picture of Keanu Reeves because he had on sunglasses… that was by accident. I took a picture of this as best as I could, it's far too big to put on my scanner.

676312.jpg

Thank you Irish!

I've heard of these pens - I'll have to track them down. I bought a brush pen awhile back but haven't used it yet. Probably should start though - might save me some time doing solid blacks instead of crosshatching like mad!

Best,

Pete

It stills blows my mind that you do all that crosshatching work with a quill pen...bravo man, it looks just damned great. I bow the master hatcher!

Master Hatcher - cool! It's insane though. I need to start using a brush to preserve some sanity though. Well see...

Thanks!

It stills blows my mind that you do all that crosshatching work with a quill pen...bravo man, it looks just damned great. I bow the master hatcher!

I feel kinda stupid posting this after seeing all the other great work in this section, but here goes. This is a sketch that I did of Thomas' wife, Patricia Arquette, a while back. It's not great, and it doesn't really look all that much like her, but I still like it.

PAsketchlarge.jpg

Mediumfan

That looks great, you did an xcellent job on the nose!

These are up late at night, bored to death, nuttin to do, and nothin on TV, pencils and one with water color...Compared to the other art work on here, I'm almost embarrased to post it, but what the hay...:unsure:

Gnome.jpg

peace.jpg

geisha.jpg

Here is a new Hell for Hire pic.

Monk, Patrick and Sonny on the washed out bridge at Bighand road.h4h-bighand-road-bridge.jpg

I never know sometimes what I'll draw when I sit down at the drawing table...

tonight I got this...

barney-30days-of-nightcolor.jpg

Barney Fife as a 30 days of Night vampire...

I never know sometimes what I'll draw when I sit down at the drawing table...

tonight I got this...

barney-30days-of-nightcolor.jpg

Barney Fife as a 30 days of Night vampire...

You're warped, man.

Actually, I always thought he was sort of creepy.

K-skye

Here's a new one for Kia Motors and the Vans Warped Tour. Kinda generic but the client wanted something that wasn't specific to a band.

Lemme know what ya think.

2587346597_799f567bab_o.jpg

I just saw this forum and gotta say great looking art. My name is Daniel Perez, I work mostly as a painter, doing normal size canvas paintings and tend to do a few illustrations when i get the itch to draw something. My influences in painting is Caravaggio and for illustrations: Tim Bradstreet, Alex Ross, and Joe Mad. I try adding some my art in here, but its not letting, am new here so dont know how to correctly add stuff here. If you guys can give me some tips, would be appreciated. I do have a myspace where i keep mostly all my art pictures, some i couldnt get a good quality pic. You could see that at : www.myspace.com/h21z until i figure out how to post here. There also other links in there to other portfolios i have of my art. Check them out and any comments are welcome!

later

I just saw this forum and gotta say great looking art. My name is Daniel Perez, I work mostly as a painter, doing normal size canvas paintings and tend to do a few illustrations when i get the itch to draw something. My influences in painting is Caravaggio and for illustrations: Tim Bradstreet, Alex Ross, and Joe Mad. I try adding some my art in here, but its not letting, am new here so dont know how to correctly add stuff here. If you guys can give me some tips, would be appreciated. I do have a myspace where i keep mostly all my art pictures, some i couldnt get a good quality pic. You could see that at : www.myspace.com/h21z until i figure out how to post here. There also other links in there to other portfolios i have of my art. Check them out and any comments are welcome!

later

Hello and welcome Daniel.

The easiest way to post stuff up here is to use a direct link from some place like PHOTOBUCKET.

Just click the insert image button and then paste the photobucket direct link. Easy as making campbells chicken noodle soup...

I'm going to check out your myspace page.

thanks irish46, i did what you instructed, i added 3 links. One of them is done in acrylics on canvas, the rest are ink and watercolor; basically mix media. The really dark ones with the guy hands glowing were for the wizard War Heroes contest they have, but i didnt make it to the 2nd round.

Let me know what you guys think

Madness.jpg

armyofone2.jpgwarheroes1.jpg

thanks irish46, i did what you instructed, i added 3 links. One of them is done in acrylics on canvas, the rest are ink and watercolor; basically mix media. The really dark ones with the guy hands glowing were for the wizard War Heroes contest they have, but i didnt make it to the 2nd round.

Let me know what you guys think

very nice Daniel, very nice.

Say Hello to the amatuer hour

Feel free to Eviserate, decapitate or just plain Critize

At the Cliff's Edge

At_The_Cliff__s_edge_by_ComsumedDarkness.jpg

Just a teaser image for a comic I had planned to do based on the story I'm writing, perspective was the key for this image, the sword in the background was meant to appear further back in the distance, whereas the soldier was meant to be appearing near the cliff's Edge

I already know I'm not even in your guys league, but I'm slowly working on it (a peice a day keeps the rust away :P)

Thanks Irish46.

To KotBo, depending on the story your planning to write, Do some research on what your planning and make sure your characters have a new spin and design to them. The sword there look a lot like Cloud’s FF7 swords, I would look up different types and maybe mix one to get a cool original design. Go outside and look at landscape and draw from life to help you capture the style better than making one up if you’re just beginning. Don’t limit yourself to 1 drawing a day, do multiple and make it fun.

In case your curious about the story, I'd be happy to try and condesne it into a small um, say Synopis for you.

Thanks for the advice, the Story/world/characters have been in progress for oh, the last 8 years or so, it's just getting it all to fit in a series of Comics or books thats the hard part.

The sword is actually a weapon used by an APC unit hence the size and simple shape, I reckon it is pretty damn similar to Cloud's sword, but mind you cloud's sword is almost a Generic shape seeing how Basic is it, it's kinda hard to make a simple one edged blade without making it look similar to Cloud Strife's weapon of choice.

Btw, your Drawings are quite somthing else, the shading and Photo realism is an intresting mix, and it comes out nice.

Guest AdminGuyX

Brian, I always enjoy seeing these from you so damn much! Thanks for sharing the work man. Again, can't gush enough about your process and your work!! Love it.

I swear to God man, how often do you stop to take photos? What kind of camera are you using there anyway? Lens setup?

I usually get so lost in what I'm doing, it just never occurs to me to stop and take photos. I have on occasion scanned certain drawings at certain stages.

I already know I'm not even in your guys league

You're still sharing your work with us. Lots to be said for that, and I think you should share more with us. What kind of resources and tools are you using?

Take a look at Brian's tutorial and photos, hard not to learn something from him!! Even if it's just drinking and drawing. ;)

The really dark ones with the guy hands glowing were for the wizard War Heroes contest they have, but i didnt make it to the 2nd round.

I like this stuff Daniel. Sorry you didn't win the contest bud.

I'd love to see more of your work too!!

It looks like youre working from photos, any work that's not?

Andy . . . you even scare me sometimes!! :) But I've always thought he looked a bit evil too.

I love the expression on Barney's face, like someone walked in on him eating Opie's heart.

Njc---------

You're still sharing your work with us. Lots to be said for that, and I think you should share more with us. What kind of resources and tools are you using?

ah, I just use my hands and Mechanical pencils (always stays the same sharpness), and for colour, Pencil Crayon, thats it I suppose :P

Guest AdminGuyX

hahaha. Yeah, "resources" was the wrong word. Meant to post "references" such as photos, art books, models, things along those lines.

:)