Tim Bradstreet

Show Your Wares

Sweet! Check out their MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/smashingpumpkins

Cool. They came to my city a few years ago, but I didn't go see them. Should have.

A lot of bands seem to be reforming these days.

Mos definitely. I recently went to a Maroon 5 concert and they rocked; not saying they reformed but I did enjoy myself.

Hello. Just joined up yesterday. I figured out Photobucket - thanks Tim & Tiara - and here's a piece made years ago but I still like. Hope you like it.

BloodKiss1.jpg

Did you get any pics? I heard he does a great show.

Got a few - mostly blurry because of the lights. Did get doused with foam - 3 times. He sprayed the audience with a hose that shot foam everywhere.

Get outta town! I am not surprised.

DarionCover1Final.jpg

poster-pronto-2.jpgDarion_01_22.jpgDarion_01_11.jpgDarion_01_08.jpg

Images from my DARION comic book, issue 01.

I am NOT the artist. I created it and wrote it. Just in case.

Is the black area all cross-hatched? If so, that's insane. Looks good.

Hello. Just joined up yesterday. I figured out Photobucket - thanks Tim & Tiara - and here's a piece made years ago but I still like. Hope you like it.

BloodKiss1.jpg

Thanks. Yes the black is all cross hatched. I still use a crowquill pen to do it but lately I'm thinking of making the jump to brushes.

Really looks good G.

Drawn and inked by hand, then scanned and colored in illustrator, then screen printed by hand.

I'm posting a HOW-TO on my flickr page soon.

2300330827_6cc1680ed8.jpg

What medium did you use for the HoF poster or is it digital. Looks amazing!

Wow!

Get a look at that lefty death grip on Bri!

When you're old and grizzled we can just strap/lash a brush to yer left hook and we can still get mind blowing, quality artwork ;)

- TB

I'll just stick a brush up my nostril and go to town.

Wow!

Get a look at that lefty death grip on Bri!

When you're old and grizzled we can just strap/lash a brush to yer left hook and we can still get mind blowing, quality artwork ;)

- TB

Guest AdminGuyX

Just checked out the Flikr stuff. I love, love, LOVE seeing this kind of thing. I especially admire how open you are about the mistakes, and documenting how you overcome them, and wish I had the utter patience you have to take that many pictures while working on a piece.

I've been doing seperations for screenprinting since the days of flatbed cameras and amber/rubylith. I used to hand cut 6 color jobs in ruby, and DRAW stippled seperations by hand to add highlights and texture.

Now days I've done seps in every program known to man (including microsoft word - ACK!) and I still learn something new every damn day. But Illustrator and Photoshop are of course the main ammo stores.

If you ever want to talk shop Brian, PM me. I'm well versed in screenprinting, seperations, newtons, mesh count. fabric weave, etc. It's my bread and butter, I've been in the industry since I was a youngin'.

:)

I should get around to posting some of that work . . .

Hi Mr Bradstreet...

...and everyone else who stumble upon these words. I've posted this in other threads along this forum, but, not many have actually come across them, so, I'm sharing it here, just for an honest opinion and let you know what I'm attempting and dreaming for.

I am the creator and writer of my own comic, DARION. I'm hoping that I can translate the storyline into a screenplay and make it into a film. I don't know if that will ever be, but, as creator, I did it for the love of comics and I'm here primarily to share it. A story is created and it lives if people read it, have a kick with it. That's my purpose as creator. What would I love? Just for you to read or give it a glance, help out honestly by sharing poniters, advice etc. That would be nice and appreciated.

I'm writing my version of a screenplay about DARION at present and perhaps it won't be accepted by RAW, but the comic does exist, I'm proud of it and no matter what, I share what it was created for... FUN! :)

Thanks for understanding me on this. I'm a fan myself, of what I did and about what many talented and creative minds out there do as well. Kid at heart.

DarionCover1Final.jpg

Guest AdminGuyX

Hi Antonio, welcome to the boards! :) Thakns for sharing your work with us too.

I've posted this in other threads along this forum, but, not many have actually come across them, so, I'm sharing it here, just for an honest opinion and let you know what I'm attempting and dreaming for.

Honest opinion, it's looks very much like Image/Top Cow style comic books. From the overall composition, right down to your color pallette, characters faces, and the kinds of textures you've put into the armor and helmets, all invokes a very "top cow" kinds of look. Your art is certainly up to par with those standards, and it even looks a bit better than some of the stuff they've published over the years.

I checked out your myspace page too. Thanks for the link.

Let me ask you, any work that strays from that formula? Maybe some life drawing, oil paintings, or gesture drawings? Love to see them if so!

Hey! Glad to be here. Welcome to my world too!

Thanks a lot for voicing out. First of all, and for the record since I get this all the time and it is a misunderstanding, I am not the artist. I don't draw at all or paint. I read a comic book once, enjoyed it and started reading more and more as hobby. I live in NY a while in my teens, then moved back home, joined the ARMY, returned home and found that there were no local superheroes at that time. So, being a fan of Jim Lee's pencils, I wanted to do my own more or less like that "Top Cow", Jim Leesque style. I set out to it in 1992 and I didn't publissh until 1999. I created everything, wrote it myself for no one understood what I was attempting to achieve and was kinda forced to become a good writer. I don't consider myself an overnight sensation or nothin like it actually. I feel I'm just a fan who decided to pursue his own comic book dream. After several years I found the artists who helped and what you saw on my myspace page is what I accomplished.

So, in answer to your petition, I would love to share how I draw, but since I don't, understand how I convey to the artist the specifics of my vision so he can translate it easier unto the page. If you visit my myspace blogs, read a chapter script and compare it to the finished pencils. I draw it in my head and provide what I see to the exterior so whomever reads... sees! So, one day I'll mentally draw you something and you visualize it as you wish. That will be your exclusive.

:)

My absolute and most sincere thanks for the words of praise. I just wanted to do a great comic, for myself, so I pushed my own limits. I was lucky, but it has been the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. Quality-wise, I met a digital colorist through the web and hired him. No magical secret there. The book was done, I loved it and published it myself without no previous knowledge, it was a great ordeal, but now, in the end, I get a kick out of the end result. I didn't do well at all with the book, but that's a very long and sad story and I just wanna share the happy times. So, I am glad you checked it out. It's not as fantastic as other superheroes out there, it's more movie-like. Sci-fi superhero adventure/drama. That's how I perceive it.

You know, at the time, Kenneth Rocafort, the artist had not published and Darión became his first published work. He's now working pro with Top Cow in several books, Hunter-Killer and Madame Mirage. So, something good came out of that. I guess that's why it also has that Top Cow feel to it.

Whatever you'd like to know about me or the Darión, be my guest. Fun to share!

What about yourself? What's up?