Tim Bradstreet

Show Your Wares

Freakin' sweet, Brian.

I hadda chuckle though, the page was loading slow and I could only see the first image, for a second I thought you'd custom painted a Foreman Grill! ;)

Or something like that.

Actually, I bet a fella could make some serious scratch custom painting folks' oddball appliances.

Will You Be Mine, Brian?

Ooooh, come out to SD and paint my bar fridge!!

xo - TB

HAHHA I scrolled down the photo slowly so I can understand what you're talking about and I can see what you mean by the George Forman grill. I've been on my new diet for a couple weeks now and the George Forman grill is sooo fuckin money! Okay that has nothing to do with this page. Nice artwork guys keep it up!

I nearly choked on my ginger ale when I read that tagline Shawn!

Always love seeing more Lincoln stuff from you!

Out of all the taglines I've done for the Lincoln posters, this one is actually my favorite. Although the George Washington Carver one ranks pretty high too.

You had me at "hello"...

Logo and poster designed for the Country Throwdown Tour.

Never thought I'd be doing anything for a Country Music tour...and to be asked to draw a skull to go with it.

BB7D72_fullsize.JPG

CF8FEB_fullsize.JPG

Freakin' sweet, Brian.

I hadda chuckle though, the page was loading slow and I could only see the first image, for a second I thought you'd custom painted a Foreman Grill! ;)

Or something like that.

Actually, I bet a fella could make some serious scratch custom painting folks' oddball appliances.

Will You Be Mine, Brian?

Ooooh, come out to SD and paint my bar fridge!!

xo - TB

Guest AdminGuyX

Here's a few new pieces, just experimenting with some different things. I used to draw woodcut style all the time (and did a few etching in this style years ago) but haven't done anything like this in a long while. It's time consuming, but a lot of fun. Thinking about turning an old screenplay into a comic like this.

hound1.jpg

Crosshatching. Lots of crosshatching. :) These images are from a story for kids that I'd like to tell some day.

standingalone1.jpg

reachingout.jpg

Some older stuff. Even though I didn't love the film, I really loved this costume design. It's overly bulky, and it looks impossible to move in, but still, I think the helmet is cool, and I like the idea of this armor a whole lot.

troopernest.jpg

troopernest2.jpg

Hello to everyone. My name is John. I'm a self taught artist for the most part. I've taken a few night courses here and there but other than that what I know I learned by trial and error. I usually do a combination of traditional and digital art; pencil sketch scanned in and worked on a tablet ans screen. Anyway enough about me here's my stuff:

A Christmas Carol series of peices:

marley5.jpg

scrooge.jpg

countinghouse2.jpg

Empire State Builder ( based on Lewis Hines' Photograh) Pencil and Charcoal and Ink wash

hiriseworker.jpg

Couple Mummies:

Karloff mummy from my own design

TheMummy.jpg

Original Mummy concept

IMG_2259ex2.jpg

Moon Bathing Were-Chick:

chick-wolf.jpg

Batman Front Page Piece:

GOTHAMTIMES1.jpg

Caveman Painting:

Caveman-11.jpg

Piece based on one of Tim Bradsteet's photos:

Borak_18245-3.jpg

I've been working on this one during the week. Black and white's are basically where I want them . I might do some coloring on this one later on.

meborakforeal6-3.jpg

Decided to start coloring this today.

borak2.jpg

I think I'll call this one done.

borak4.jpg

Guest AdminGuyX

John, I owe you a million apologies. I was attempting to clean up the thread and merge some posts and closed off some of your recent images. Here are your last few posts merged.

I've been working on this one during the week. Black and white's are basically where I want them . I might do some coloring on this one later on.

meborakforeal6-3.jpg

Decided to start coloring this today.

borak2.jpg

I think I'll call this one done.

borak4.jpg

I think this work is really great, by the way. :)

That's a really clean illo Mr Ewing. CHEERS!!

I decided to carry my last piece into presentation format. I added some graphics which tie into the the theme. They are based on 19th century Nuristani panels which connects to the 19th century Afghani swords in my characters hands. Also the borders bring this piece to approx. 11 x 17.

10097.jpg

Guest AdminGuyX
I illustrated an article by Malcolm Gladwell in the latest issue of the New Yorker.

I FINALLY get to post it.

4380069678_1fd5cd4446_o.jpg

©BRIANEWING.com

I love how you take a simple idea, composition, and concept and turn it into something incredibly dynamic. You get sucked right into it.

You could take the most boring subject matter ever and make it intensely cool. Like a rock. You could draw a rock sitting in a desert and just blow everybody away.

:P

Great work guys!

I love the creative vibe we have going in here.

I'm thinking to actually move this thread into the Show Your Stuff section, though I guess it might compete too much with the Show Your Stuff thread.

They are kind of the same thing. I should have thought harder about all that when we started this.

Ideas? Suggestions?

I'm all ears. I want our artist friends to feel comfortable and like they have a true place to share here.

But I want to know how you all feel about it so I'm asking point blank . . . how could we shine a light on these threads and maximize the visibility?

As I mention above, my first thought was to move this thread to the other section and pin the two similar, larger topics.

But again, they are essentially the same. I hesitate to combine them cause then it becomes a crazy mishmash and would be incredible LARGE.

That might sour folks who don't want to wade through 20 pages of thread topic to catch up on their own.

I'd thought about starting individual threads for each contributing artist but again, it might feel like too many threads and not everyone is known to the degree that he or she's thread topic would be viewed to any great extent. I want all to have a fair shake, which is why I like the idea of one all encompassing thread. Then I'm back to where I started ;)

Thoughts?

- Tim

Great work guys!

I love the creative vibe we have going in here.

I'm thinking to actually move this thread into the Show Your Stuff section, though I guess it might compete too much with the Show Your Stuff thread.

They are kind of the same thing. I should have thought harder about all that when we started this.

Ideas? Suggestions?

I'm all ears. I want our artist friends to feel comfortable and like they have a true place to share here.

But I want to know how you all feel about it so I'm asking point blank . . . how could we shine a light on these threads and maximize the visibility?

As I mention above, my first thought was to move this thread to the other section and pin the two similar, larger topics.

But again, they are essentially the same. I hesitate to combine them cause then it becomes a crazy mishmash and would be incredible LARGE.

That might sour folks who don't want to wade through 20 pages of thread topic to catch up on their own.

I'd thought about starting individual threads for each contributing artist but again, it might feel like too many threads and not everyone is known to the degree that he or she's thread topic would be viewed to any great extent. I want all to have a fair shake, which is why I like the idea of one all encompassing thread. Then I'm back to where I started ;)

Thoughts?

- Tim

I always wondered why they were separated. I believe that both threads are pretty much the same. I think it would be a better idea to combine the two threads and put them under the Show Your Stuff section. And about the page count, wouldn't you want it to be a lot of pages? That would just mean there are many people who wish to share their creations, and isn't that the whole point? It would be a nice large collection. People don't have to actually go through the whole 20 pages. Plus, having the combined threads together would be more convenient, because having everything in one place is more easily accessible.

I went back and read your first post for the Show Your Stuff thread. Do you realize that you've always wanted to combine the two? Why didn't you? There must've been a reason you created the two to be separate in the first place.

The two threads together would be better, but that's just my opinion.

Yeah, seems like I was unsure about it then too ;)

Wouldn't be the first time I did something scatterbrained ;)

I think I built one here so my friends and other young professionals would have a place connected more directly to me.

But yes, one is likely enough.

Ahh, we live, we learn, these things get sussed out along the way ;)

I'm inclined to agree with you but the floor is open for other thoughts and ideas.

I won't make an immediate decision.

Hope Noeland will chime in cause he's got a finer sense of this kind of thing than I do.

Thanks IFC!

- TB

Guest AdminGuyX
Hope Noeland will chime in cause he's got a finer sense of this kind of thing than I do.

Well shit . . . I do? To be honest, I never much thought about the it. But now that it's mentioned, yeah, the threads really are the same thing.

Maybe keeping them separate and defined is the way to go then. Lets merge the threads, and then lock it and archive it.

Then start a new thread here that is strictly for professionals/friends like Ewing and JD3 and anybody you invite to share any work they feel like chatting about.

In kind, start a new show your stuff thread with amateur guys like me who enjoy posting the occasional zombie illo or jumping in on a random sketch-fest thread.

I know this goes against the idea of both threads being for anybody though. I think if you want to keep it like that, then just have one and it should probably be in the show your stuff section only.

But really at the end of the day I don't see any big issue with having two threads like this either. We're pretty laid back around here. Not everything has to make sense and be strictly organized.

:)

I didn't really help, did I?

I think I built one here so my friends and other young professionals would have a place connected more directly to me.

I'm inclined to agree with you but the floor is open for other thoughts and ideas.

Thanks IFC!

- TB

You're welcome, Tim!

I was thinking if you do combine the two and put them under the Show Your Stuff section, then maybe you should call the whole combined thread Show Your Wares. Just another thought.

Noeland made an excellent point about us not worrying about being strictly organized. I think a lot of people feel the same way. But I just think having the one thread may be less confusing; that's why my vote is for the two to be combined.

Again, that's just my take.

I guess I'll chime in here, even though I'm the new kid. I like the freindly vibe in here. Other big boards I've been on have kind of an elitist edge to them. Especially when it becomes such a huge free for all. The part that can be kind of lame is when the proffesional or more experienced artists disapear into "pro lounge" areas and don't mingle or comment on younger artists work.

Anyway, merger or no merger I'll hang around and put my stuff up. Lend comments and whatnot when it strikes me. Just hope this place stays mello.

CHEERS!!

I guess I'll chime in here, even though I'm the new kid. I like the freindly vibe in here. Other big boards I've been on have kind of an elitist edge to them. Especially when it becomes such a huge free for all. The part that can be kind of lame is when the proffesional or more experienced artists disapear into "pro lounge" areas and don't mingle or comment on younger artists work.

Anyway, merger or no merger I'll hang around and put my stuff up. Lend comments and whatnot when it strikes me. Just hope this place stays mello.

CHEERS!!

Mello?....ha,ha, we are almost always mello here, every now and then we get to toss'n some stuff about, but we mend our wounds quickly, forgive and move on. It's a great board. Welcome aboard man!

As for the merger, I think in most of our minds there is not much difference between the two threads anymore, so merge them. It was never intended that way, I don't think, I think it just sorta happened. I think one thread was for just showing our stuff, nothing other than our stuff, and the other thread I think was meant to be a bit more professional looking than some of our work (and that does very much include me!) that we posted up. Maybe give EWING his own thread, cause nobody needs to be wading through my crap to see his awesome work. I'd dig an EWING thread anyway cause I love his posts.

Thanks man. Guess that's the job of an illustrator. I've still got so much to learn.

I love how you take a simple idea, composition, and concept and turn it into something incredibly dynamic. You get sucked right into it.

You could take the most boring subject matter ever and make it intensely cool. Like a rock. You could draw a rock sitting in a desert and just blow everybody away.

:P

Merge without separate folders would be cool.

Thanks IFC!

- TB