Tim Bradstreet

Show Your Wares

Edit - Double "welcome" posts are a result from merging the threads - Show your Wares and Show your Stuff -

We're all one big happy family now ;)

This isn't just for young up and coming, burgeoning young illustrators.

I don't care who you are. Show off your work.

We'd all love to see what you've been doing, established or no.

This will be an ongoing thread so load 'em up.

Pro's - As art director for RAW I'm always looking for talent.

It always depends on the project though right?

Show me your stuff. You could be the next artist for covers or interiors with us.

And Concept guys. Love to see your stuff too, for comics or for our film side.

Jane will be taking notice here too.

We're always looking for top notch talent with a vision.

Non established talent -

This means you too.

Just because Marvel, DC, Dreamworks, or even Lucasfilm haven't discovered you yet doesn't mean you got no chance.

If you ROCK we will be happy to tell you so.

Can't wait to see the stuff.

- tB

We'll be checking this thread all the time so feel free to leave us some looks at your work.

New stuff, anything you're proud of. Think of this thread as a poor man's online portfolio.

Things can be published, unpublished, anything you think folks would enjoy a look at.

Try and keep it clean. Tasteful nudity is fine but hardcore X-rated material will be tossed (maybe bad choice of words there).

We'll have youngers floating around so please think of them before you decide to throw caution into the wind and post a shot of Tarna being outflanked by Flash Gordon.

Illustrators, painters, digital, concept, all mediums are fair game.

I have a similar "Show your wares" thread in my forum and I may end up combining the two, but for now, choose your poison.

Show your stuff is for anyone, pro or undiscovered mega talent.

We just want to see what you do, and we don't care if you're skills are tip fucking top, or you're still learning.

One thing is for sure, you may learn something here.

Feel free to talk about your work, and feel free to ask questions if someone posts something that piques your curiosity.

Let's Tango.

- Tb

Here is a wrap around cover for a project I am working on. I can't color worth a shite due to being colorblind so the colored pages are by the super talented Marc Borstel. I work the pages entirely on the computer now including digital inking with my Wacom. Feel free to eviscerate :)

one-bwcover-raw.gif

one-clcover-raw.gif

I have interior pages also but don't want to be a forum hog so let me know if you'd like to check out a few of them.

You know, I drew this one awhile ago... too gosh darn lazy to scan it:

070912-casket.jpg

Anyways, I don't have a name for the fellow, or much of a backstory, just that he drags that casket around with him. ...And the casket talks.

I got more of this type of art over at Nile's board here, at least till it finds its way here.

T'anks a bunch!

deweyblackfeather0002.jpgWorking on a story for this character.

These two characters are Leon and Claire from the video games Resident Evil. There's a big fan base that would like to see these two characters get together.

45406.jpg

79289.jpg

Leon from Resident Evil 2

44601.jpg

All three of these pictures I did a few years ago.

Like I said, Art is art. It's all ceative. No room for the purist faction here, although folks are entitled to their opinions.

I love it all if it's good. Digital art is still a relatively new thing, and as such, derivitive works run rampant. There are only handful of truly original visions out there right now, and a whole lot of kids who want to emulate it (could we have more art that rips off Phil Hale, Rick Berry, Dave McKean, Brom, etc? And I'm not even mentioning some of the top Concept guys here). But expect that to change as the medium evolves and artists find their own vision. I look at digital as creation. And to me, when you "create" in any medium you're making art. Whether you do it with your own two hands with pencil/ink/color on paper/canvass/masonite, etc . . . Or you do it with a mouse, tablet, stylus . . .

Imagination and creativity is where it begins. How you choose to express it is up to you.

People that call Digital, 3D modelling, working from photos, etc, a shortcut or a cheat are only close minded, which makes them saps in my book.

Close your mind to new and alternative things and the last thing you actually learn is what it's like to be a stagnant dinosaur.

I myself prefer to do the finished art with my own two hands. I like to get dirty. I came up at the very beginning of the digital era, but I came from the "old school" way.

So I was kinda stuck between the worlds. Now I employ both. I do create stuff that is entirely digital yet very rarely in comics, more for commercial gigs.

It's what I know and I embrace my own process. I could never go entirely digital because I LOVE having originals. That's that one downfall of digital. To me it's a shame that someone could create the most AMAZING piece of art on the computer and at the end of the day it only really exists on a monitor or as a giclee/print.

Anyway, enough of my mumbling.

Bring on the stuff, whatever medium, and never apologize that it's only digital. Be proud of your hard work.

Best - tb

Cool work guys! :D

I especially like Leon with the gun aimed right at...uh...me...almost. :lol:

Anyway, I have a question for Tim - what about people who are into text, words, the written language, etc...? John posted if you (and/or Tom and/or Steve...) were accepting scripts - and I told him he should post here and ask, but I don't see him here...and I'm just curious myself as to if you were all interested in the "non-visual" art form too? ;)

Jen

PS I apologize for all the emoticons; I'm just that type of person... :blink:

Hey Guys,

Even though I wasn't able to attend ComicCon this year, I was lucky enough to have a friend that did....and was able to present to Tim an unpainted version of one of these:

SE_MAQ_01.jpg

It's a piece I did that's a mix of body scanning, digital modeling, rapid prototyping, traditional sculpting...the whole shabang. My only regret was that I wasn't able to get my guy to

paint it up like this (SORRY TIM!):

SE_PAINT_09.jpg

SE_PAINT_07.jpg

Thought I would share as, to be honest, Tim's work is what jumpstarted me back into doing my own projects again. Next up is a piece based on one of his Punisher covers, I'll post

pics as soon as I can...and Tim....I promise the next one will be painted! Hope ya'll enjoy!

Best,

Adam

wow! That snake eyes is great! Can't wait to see the Punisher you'll be doing. Do you sell copies of these?

Aaron

wow! That snake eyes is great! Can't wait to see the Punisher you'll be doing. Do you sell copies of these?

Aaron

Thanks for the props, but I don't sell copies of them, and there are only a few copies around....Tim having one of them. I wouldn't mind seeing it produced, but I'd never do it unless both Tim and I were compensated within reason. I have to agree with Tim, having someone continually profit off of your work with no royalties does indeed stink. Besides, I'd probably spend another several months going back and fixing all the things I don't like about it before I'd let it out of my hands in THAT big of a way.

This is a splash page from a story that my brother and I hope to get published soon. I like it as a stand alone drawing so I posted it.demon-dinner.jpg I call it Demon dinner.

Guest AdminGuyX

I'm kind of curious to hear what it is you don't like! Mind you, I don't expect you to explain that.

I think it's beyond fantastic, and the use of different sculpting media is brilliant. Just amazing.

Guest AdminGuyX

Couple of mine.

Little something I did for Fashion Victim (part of the "Che" line, and part of the new propaganda line we're working on)

CUBA%20LIBRE%20sm.jpg

ZOMBIE!!!!! (who doesn't love zombies?)

zomb1.jpg

A new book I'm working on.

City%20Of%20Iron%20sketchbook.jpg

vicky%20rivers.jpg

This is from a sci-fi combat book about android soldiers.

Not%20Human.jpg

Little Blade Runner for ya:

deckard%20year%201.jpg

More to come later on I think.

Noeland-----------------------

Noeland: I really dig the edge and feel of your work. In my opinion it takes mad talent to work in absolute black and white, and hard to pull off. You do it with bravado!

Snailmaster: Being a fellow digital artist myself, it's good to see someone of your caliber working in this medium. I head up the digital department where I work and caught one of my guys with one of your pieces set as his desktop image. Too bad they don't all have the same penchant for digital work that is so choice.

PhD: Color, composition, style.....it's all there and in mass quantity. Each piece makes me wonder what's the story behind the character/image?

Couple of mine.

Little something I did for Fashion Victim (part of the "Che" line, and part of the new propaganda line we're working on)

CUBA%20LIBRE%20sm.jpg

ZOMBIE!!!!! (who doesn't love zombies?)

zomb1.jpg

A new book I'm working on.

City%20Of%20Iron%20sketchbook.jpg

vicky%20rivers.jpg

This is from a sci-fi combat book about android soldiers.

Not%20Human.jpg

Little Blade Runner for ya:

deckard%20year%201.jpg

More to come later on I think.

Noeland-----------------------

Man, these are amazing. That Blade Runner kicks major ass. Damn. I'm completely mystified.

-JO

Guest AdminGuyX

Thanks guys, you're making me blush here. :D I appreciate it very much. I'm really enjoying this online community, so sharing my work here feels great.

And I feel a little guilty for posting without complimenting the other guys work too. Everything posted in this thread so far is killer. I love all the flyers John G. I especially love that the wizard has red chucks (my personal choice of chucks other than all black).

PHD, your work looks incredibly familiar to me. Where the heck have I seen your stuff before? I really dig it. Has a mythical quality.

Snail, if I didn't know better, I'd say those were oil paintings. VERY COOL. Crazy good man. Crazy good.

XNLX, Love your style, the pic in the other thread with the coffin too, that's got a great balance to it as well.

Noeland-------------