sidewaysgaze

The Sweetest Thing

...NOT! :lol:

Ok, maybe it's not *that* bad, but it's not a good movie in the least - and it's probably one of Tom's weakest roles, because he has to play the "good guy" romantic lead and not do too much as the character, except react to Cameron Diaz and be all nice with smiles 'n' dimples...well, which I guess is fine by me in the eye candy sense, but not as a meaty role...

Jen

alas not even Tom can make the role stand out it's just a staple of the romantic comedy genre. Not his fault of course. I have to admit I barely remember the film.

Aaron

I still like Tom in this role, even if he's a little too sweet 'n' bland. That's what the role calls for, to contrast with the crazy antics of Cameron Diaz and company.

Actually, it shows what range Tom has - he can play "Mr. Nice Guy" when he wants to. :lol:

Jen

I woulda gone after Salma Blair in that movie. And I think Parker Posey was a better pick than Cameron. I woulda told her I don't give three shits who she met online. Brunettes are wilder, trust me.

-TL

I woulda gone after Salma Blair in that movie. And I think Parker Posey was a better pick than Cameron. I woulda told her I don't give three shits who she met online. Brunettes are wilder, trust me.

-TL

Yeah, Salma Blair. But I've always had a soft spot for Christina Applegate GRRRRR

-JO

Just noticed the Oxygen network is running this flick all evening on Valentine's Day. I wonder who decided that. Must fit their definition of a chick flick.

Maybe not Thomas Jane's most spectacular flick, but it was nice to see some of his comedic flair.

Let me preface this by asking, am i the only guy in the world who does not find Cameron Diaz attractive? Sure, i like that she's not afraid to act silly and look like a goof, and she will go for the dick jokes, but she is too fucking scrawny for my taste, makes her eyes look all bugged out--she kinda looks like the Green Goblin in the comics, with her sunken cheeks and huge rictus grin...

Anyway, that makes starting off a movie with all these guys obsessing over her, very weak from my point of view. Christina Applegate is still funny, Selma Blair has her moments, and of course Thomas is cool. But the fucking musical numbers--seriously?! Nice try, but merely a few funny moments can't save a comedy.

Let me preface this by asking, am i the only guy in the world who does not find Cameron Diaz attractive?

Possibly.

camyd7.jpg

And you GOTTA think that's hot.

-TL

ahhh... the magic of photoshop... :D

Let me preface this by asking, am i the only guy in the world who does not find Cameron Diaz attractive? Sure, i like that she's not afraid to act silly and look like a goof, and she will go for the dick jokes, but she is too fucking scrawny for my taste, makes her eyes look all bugged out--she kinda looks like the Green Goblin in the comics, with her sunken cheeks and huge rictus grin...

Anyway, that makes starting off a movie with all these guys obsessing over her, very weak from my point of view. Christina Applegate is still funny, Selma Blair has her moments, and of course Thomas is cool. But the fucking musical numbers--seriously?! Nice try, but merely a few funny moments can't save a comedy.

Not alone dude. I wouldn't even pause at Cameron Diaz to wipe my feet on my way to Parker Posey, or Christina Applegate, or Selma Blair, or for that matter, most other women. Seems like a nice girl, but I don't get how she always gets played up as so hot. Maybe she is one of those women that are unbelievable in person, and it just isn't captured by the camera.

Joe

Met her in person.

VERY hot and real fun to talk to.

-TL

i bet she is fun, i do like her sense of humor.

i miss the curves she had in The Mask though; i didn't see her again until My Best Friend's Wedding, and her character annoyed the living piss out of me--'I can be Jell-o!'

i guess that's not her fault, but i'd like to see her put some weight back on.

Met her in person.

VERY hot and real fun to talk to.

-TL

There you go! One of those women that own the room, but it doesn't come through on film.

Joe

-TL

Her name is spelled Selma.

She is a cutie pie though.

haha she's so much hotter than all three of the women in this movie.

Its a matter of taste man.

Salma [Hayek] has the rack and the big behind but she's SUPER short.

Selma Blair has the great face and really modelesque body. No rack though.

Christina Applegate is tall and delicious.

Cameron Diaz is hot, but a bit too slim.

*My pick is Parker Posey, she's got alotta personality in that face and personality goes a long way.

She's got a cute little bod too.

-TL

Whose Parker Posey...I hear that name quite a bit but ive never seen her...was she in the movie?

She was Thomas' bride-to-be, until the ceremony of course.

She was also Party Girl, and was in Blade: Trinity, the debacle that was Superman Returns, and A Mighty Wind, and a lot of other stuff. Check her out on IMDb, she's cool.

This is the delicious topic of discussion...

parkerle2.jpg

I dated a girl that looks ALOT like her a little while ago.

That was fun.

Not as much fun though as when I dated a Tilda Swinton look-a-like.

That was fuckin awesome.

-TL

Cameron Diaz is so cool, I am sure that we would be friends ! but physically, bof (I prefer brown girls, lol)...

Salma Hayek, she is beautiful, but with a style too "Latin".

Parker Posey, I don't like as actress, too often "exaggerated" ( "Blade Trinity", "Scream 3"...).

Selma Blair, she didn't seem to laugh often (when you look at the bonus of DVD...), pretty, but a little too slim.

Christina Applegate, I like her.

And Tilda Swinton has a style "androgynous", not bad.

I give my opinion as a woman of course, lol, I prefer to talk of mens. :P

I have to say that I am completely confused by the "Selma Blair is hot" thing (Her hair-line makes me want to hose her down with nair). Though I agree, it's not as though she's ugly by any means.

But, I'm very excited about her new TV show, Kath and Kim: co-starring Molly Shannon, premiering this Thursday on NBC at 8:30/7:30.

Selma Blair is really funny, and seems like a cool chick.

What was it like dating her, TL?