Guest AdminGuyX

Music: what are you currently infatuated with?

Guest AdminGuyX

I've been totally enthralled by the new Down, a new to me P.O.D. disc, and YES I'm listening to Zepplin. Trampled Under Foot is my personal favorite. Something about the guitar work in that song speaks to my soul.

I listened to the Pirates of The Carribean score today while I was "weathering" a new prop gun. Damn good score.

At the moment, I'm into Mogwai and Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Love those two bands. I love the song that Godspeed You! Black Emperor used in 28 Days Later. The name escapes me but it's really long and gets you pumped.

JO

I got in the latest posthumous Frank Zappa release yesterday called Wazoo. It's a two disc live set from the early '70s with his big band with horns...long jamming instrumentals...

Opeth's Ghost Reveries has been in the car for many many months still...

I've also been listening to more Zeppelin recently as a result of the re-release of The Song Remains The Same and the reunion gig.

Pink Floyd's Obscured By Clouds has been in the car this week too.

I can't believe it myself but I am currently listening to The Heroin Diaries from Nikki Sixx.

I'm 50 (ooops 51 as of last sunday!) this stuff should have no appeal to me what so ever...but I really like it. What is even more goofy is it has a KILLERS feel to it, only way heavier...I HATE THE KILLERS. So go figure?

Just something about it...

Here's a band who's (relatively) new 'n' exciting, I think - Blood Red Shoes. I only heard them a few months ago, but was immediately hooked by their energy. Their debut album, Box Of Secrets, will be released in 2008.

Their MySpace profile with tunage is at:

http://www.myspace.com/bloodredshoes

and I just did an interview with Steven at Delusions Of Adequacy at:

http://adequacy.net/interview.php?InterviewID=106

Jen

lately i've been listening to MERCENARY and LINKIN PARK.

Well, I've been listening to the Dead Man's Shoes Soundtrack alot lately. I think it's time to revist that movie.

Guest AdminGuyX

Don't feel too bad Andy, I've been digging Fall Out Boy and Paramore lately. They are really just kids making music for other kids. But I love hearing new music, and they make some catchy shit.

Kelli got me the new Bruce Springsteen CD for X-mas, and other than Radio Nowhere (which is an AWESOME song) I only like about half the disc. But Radio Nowhere is really the best one on there.

The CD I've been loving though is flyleaf.

:)

I guess it's a good thing that I don't act my age...most of the time. Course, it's a pain in the ass having to chase down my sixteen year old to see what she did with my Sonota Arctica cd's!

Mostly I love Guitar rock, louder and angrier the BETTER! Never grew out of it...

BUT! I love most music and listen to about everything, Theatre, Les Mis is a personal favorite, with Colm Wilkerson on vocals to Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde, with the ZYBAN guy, NOT HASSELHOFF!

Country, adult contemporary with a small smattering of rap/rock, like Kid Rock or MnM.

So I mentioned to a client...not the one I'm going to go all HULK on...that I am a Zepplin nut, she buys me RAISING SAND, with Robert Plant and Allison Krauss...that's cool I kinda like Allison Krauss...And I think I like this cd, but I'm not sure, cause I have never made it past track 4 of 13 tracks. I fall a sleep. So, not a good idea to listen to it when I'm driving! If you're narcoleptic AT ALL, I'd suggest you don't listen to this while operating heavey equipment. If you are running a bit on the INSOMNIAC side then THIS IS THE CD FOR YOU!

All's I'm saying is it is amazingly RELAXING!

It's kind of a mix of blues, bluegrass and soft pop...at least the 1st 4 tracks anyway...

There's this song called Gold Dust by Devil's Gun. It kind of gets stuck in your head. I'm not too big on electronic music, but this one I like. The only thing better than the song is if you use I-tunes, check out the art work for the albums. Raising the Beast is a pretty cool album cover.

Guest AdminGuyX

The new Seether CD is really good. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do.

:)

SEETHER IS AWESOME!!! I'll have to check out the new one.

Yeah, I love SEETHER, but I haven't picked up the new one yet either...on the TO DO list now!

I was not familiar with Seether, so I went over to their myspace page and gave them a listen. I like their sound.

I was listening to Third Day the other day and was reminded how much I like them and their vocalist, Mac Powell. Love his voice. Anyway, I really like their song Tunnel. So, I've tossed my Third Day CDs back into my player.

I got my SECOND e-mail from Noeland saying "GO BUY THE SEETHER CD NOW!...MORON..." well...I have colored it a bit...he didn't say "NOW!"...but I'm off to get the seether cd...NOW!

I did pick up a stone sour cd...it was actually kinda stinko...course I was taking meds to clean me out for a colonoscopy when I was listening to it...maybe it was just my state of mind...or colon...at the time.

I did pick up a stone sour cd...it was actually kinda stinko...course I was taking meds to clean me out for a colonoscopy when I was listening to it...maybe it was just my state of mind...or colon...at the time.

Never a good time to listen to new music. I don't care what kind it is.

I do hope everything came out all right in the end. :rolleyes:

Ok...SEETHER...smart guy that Noeland, bout the best damned SEETHER cd I've heard. I just can't decide if my favorite song is DON"T BELIEVE or NO JESUS CHRIST...damn good CD, every song on it.

Guest FADoss
Ok...SEETHER...smart guy that Noeland, bout the best damned SEETHER cd I've heard. I just can't decide if my favorite song is DON"T BELIEVE or NO JESUS CHRIST...damn good CD, every song on it.

And if you haven't got Breaking Benjamin then go get their stuff too!!! These South African bands (like Seether) are the SHIT!!!

A few hours ago I was listening to

The Smithereens

A Girl Like You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0s4_PKJKbU

Oh, wow, I totally forgot that song by them!! Thanks for bringing it up. I love their songs Behind The Wall Of Sleep and Blood And Roses.

A friend of mine is going to see The Smithereens tonight (I think?); I'll post what he thought of the show here, once I hear back from him. :)

Jen

Oh, wow, I totally forgot that song by them!! Thanks for bringing it up. I love their songs Behind The Wall Of Sleep and Blood And Roses.

A friend of mine is going to see The Smithereens tonight (I think?); I'll post what he thought of the show here, once I hear back from him. :)

Jen

Hahaha! Really... small world.

Some JEFF BUCKLEY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm8JoMhgjRw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AratTMGrHaQ

And some ALTERBRIDGE

I can't get enough Alterbridge, they are one of my favorites to listen to while I draw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko6tfrjc1E0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRUpbkzEdrY

The new Alterbridge cd BLACKBIRD is freaking great!

I was never into them before... but Radiohead kicks some serious ass. I'm currently listening to their latest album. I love this stuff.

Guest FADoss

Anyone do OAR (Of a Revolutions)? Cool stuff...reggae, ska, pop, rock (but in a more melodic way than Skindred). Very cool stuff and addictive.

Frederic

I was never into them before... but Radiohead kicks some serious ass. I'm currently listening to their latest album. I love this stuff.

I you love In Rainbows, you might want to check out The Bends by Radiohead too. It's more guitar-based than some other of their albums like Kid A and OK Computer... Just my opinion. :)

Jen