Music: what are you currently infatuated with?

Guest AdminGuyX

I just found these guys and I totally love the stuff...no idea why, but I love em...Mumford & Sons

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

The Allman Bros. Band - Live @ the Fillmore. It's killing me. I can't turn it off.

The Allman Bros. Band - Live @ the Fillmore. It's killing me. I can't turn it off.

That's because it's really fucking good!!!!!!

I have been stuck on the sound track to The Sons of Anarchy for the last 2 weeks...John the Revelator just keeps going round and round in my head. Along with Five Horse Johnson's Fly back home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSolD5PQh-Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoY4x9Mbw1c

I liked that performance! Thanks for the link. She sounds pretty good live. I might have to see if they are doing any shows near me.

Lungs is a good CD overall, but it does have a range of sounds and I can imagine it's hard to define. Post a link once your review is done, I'd love to read it.

I have a bunch of old friends who go to SXSW every year. One of these years I'm going to go with them! ;)

Hey Noeland - Just for you, and well, anyone who likes or is curious about Florence + The Machine, here's my review of the album Lungs. It ain't the smoothest review I've done, but I wanted to get it posted:

"The powerful set of lungs on this album belong to Florence Welch and she is both boldly passionate and emotionally vulnerable."

http://www.adequacy.net/2010/08/florence-a...-machine-lungs/

Jen

Something older.....

Perfect Strangers- Deep Purple:

&

Something newer.....

Tighten Up- The Black Keys:

Something older.....

Perfect Strangers- Deep Purple:

&

Something newer.....

Tighten Up- The Black Keys:

Two awesome albums!

I'm a HUGE Purple fan and the Black Keys, after every album I always think, That's it, they can't top this and they fuckin do every time.

Lately I'm been really digging Terry Reid, Super Lungs, the compilation, not just the song, also hooked on his Isle of Wight live disc. What a voice.

Bang, bang.

Tonight, er ... this morning it's Audioslave.

Show Me How to Live- (live at Lollapalooza):

(Official Video- Vanishing Point):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JCZ__5EqrI...feature=related

Like a Stone- (Official Video):

I loved Audioslave. Cornell really just made that group for me, I know his solo stuff is really touch and go. The new Soundgarden song is not knocking me out but we'll see as I listen to it more.

Today was a Big Iron Maiden day. Thier new album is also not doing it for me so I dug into Brave New World, the first half of which I love.

I had the rare opportunity to sew all w/e, undisturbed by kids or husband. Thanks to Holly Golighltly, I made some new shirts & skirts in a country/garage/blues form. And like Holly's music, I used vintage fabric and modified new patterns for a look that feels familiar but is totally fresh & new.

Walk A Mile

It's All Me

On The Fire

It made me realize I have a dream -- for the perfect cruise --a fortnight for the creative soul. Artists of all stripes, together on the Lido deck, creating all day (for me, designing & sewing clothes, for others drawing, writing, playing music, cooking, etc). Nights filled w/ killer music & dancing with the likes of Holly, The Flaming Lips, Modest Mouse, Reverend Horton Heat, Yo La Tengo, XTC, etc. Who wants to join me? :lol:

Had a Maiden moment after Esco's post ..... Eddie!

I love that Bruce Dickinson became a pilot. Aircraft

and planes are a thing with me, love to fly, just not

commercially. Private planes get away with a lot.

Especially if you know the area ATCs in & around.

Jack White's newest thing has my attention lately.

'Treat Me Like Your Mother'- Dead Weather:

It reminds me of this though ...

'Stompbox'- Overseer:

(This was once posted with a combat pilot video.

It's still there but, without this audio track on it).

Ah, you stumped me! I was thinking of "Man-Size" by PJ Harvey... I never could figure out what the Reid brothers were saying most of the time...

Jen

Yeah, the reverb and distortion flatten the lyrics into the background - it's beautiful. Worked @ a record store when this came out - we liked to put it on when drunk frat boys were buying Tiffany.

• 2 weeks later...
I had the rare opportunity to sew all w/e, undisturbed by kids or husband. Thanks to Holly Golighltly, I made some new shirts & skirts in a country/garage/blues form. And like Holly's music, I used vintage fabric and modified new patterns for a look that feels familiar but is totally fresh & new.

Walk A Mile

It's All Me

On The Fire

It made me realize I have a dream -- for the perfect cruise --a fortnight for the creative soul. Artists of all stripes, together on the Lido deck, creating all day (for me, designing & sewing clothes, for others drawing, writing, playing music, cooking, etc). Nights filled w/ killer music & dancing with the likes of Holly, The Flaming Lips, Modest Mouse, Reverend Horton Heat, Yo La Tengo, XTC, etc. Who wants to join me? :lol:

Sounds awesome! :D

Forgot to mention it earlier, but I did a review for Holly Golightly's latest album as Holly Golightly & The Broke-offs. You can read the review here:

"Holly ‘n’ Lawyer Dave convey a casual, lived-in, back porch charm on eight easy-going originals that mingle freely with four covers that include “Blood on the Saddle” and “Jack O’ Diamonds”. Holly’s vocals are dry, sweetly tart, and pinched – a good fit for the twangy, rough-hewn, guitar-based Americana on display."

http://www.adequacy.net/2010/04/short-takes-on-four-albums/

Jen

Yeah, the reverb and distortion flatten the lyrics into the background - it's beautiful. Worked @ a record store when this came out - we liked to put it on when drunk frat boys were buying Tiffany.

Ah, man, you have to listen to a relatively new band called The Black Ryder from Australia. They've got bits of Spiritualized drone, JAMC distortion, My Bloody Valentine warp, Black Rebel Music Club deadpan cool, etc... sometimes with lovely, cool, detached female vocals and other times a guy that sounds a wee bit like Liam G. of Oasis (in a good way!)

Soundcloud is streaming the whole album now which is called Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride:

http://blog.soundcloud.com/2010/09/27/this...-love-from-nme/

The band's MySpace site: http://www.myspace.com/theblackryder

Jen

Forgot to mention it earlier, but I did a review for Holly Golightly's latest album as Holly Golightly & The Broke-offs.

Great review! Glad there's another Golightly fan here.

Ah, man, you have to listen to a relatively new band called The Black Ryder from Australia.

And these guys are AWESOME! It's good to know shoegazer is still alive, or being re-created. Thanks for the lead!