Guest AdminGuyX

Music: what are you currently infatuated with?

Ten Million Slaves by Otis Taylor.

Holy shit. And if you're a Michael Mann fan, you will recognize it.

His latest album is titled "Recapturing the Banjo" which made me think immediately of my father who LOVED the banjo. My older brother Tom played guitar, and I remember when I was little there was an ongoing thing about Dad always asking Tom to play the banjo for him. I don't know that he ever did.

Andy would probably know that one for sure. ;)

lol, Tom would just look at him with a "Banjo? I don't think so kinda face" and that would be the end of that. Dad really loved the blue grass banjos most, Earl and Scruggs was a big favorite. To him, when yu mentioned The Grand Ol' Opry, you were talking about guys like Earl and Scruggs. I think he'd be not so pleased with the state of the Opry these days.

Guest AdminGuyX

And I'll bet you anything Tom would have done it later on, after he found his love of country music. Heck, probably up in heaven playing the banjo for Dad right now.

:)

Check out the seemingly now-defunct band/duo Mommy And Daddy and get your raucous indie-rock on.

Hopefully the union of Mommy and Daddy continues… They haven’t accessed their MySpace profile since 2008 (!), but the songs live on.

Whet your appetite with “Confection” and stay for "A Good Deal", both with Mommy-centered vocals:

http://www.myspace.com/mommyanddaddy

...and to soothe the savage soul, try a bit of School Of Seven Bells featuring Benjamin Curtis of the now-defunct Secret Machines joining forces with sisters Alejandra and Claudia Deheza, producing songs calmly cool in tone which boast lovely harmonies that mingle with synth-driven airiness and gauzy guitar fuzz.

http://www.myspace.com/schoolofsevenbells

Jen

Wanda Jackson! Junior Brown!!

Kdedu, you're totally after my own heart!! I love Opry, and the old school stuff is still some of the best! I grew up on that music (my parents loved it) so that brings back fond memories for me!

Junior Brown may not be old school, but he is certainly a throwback to the days of Roy Acuff and the like. Love that "gitsteel" that he plays! So kewl!

Medium/Kdedu, I'll have to keep you posted on the film I'm producing right now. May be right up your alley.

You know already that I love these guys... Within Temptation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH3WK6shdEQ

And Alter bridge has a new cd coming out on Oct. 9th

Here is a cut from the 1st cd.

And my personal , can't ever get enough of band, The Irish punk band from Boston, Dropkick Murphys, they got a new one coming out on Oct. 18th.

Here is a classic Murphy tune..

ok 2 from them!

All I know is that Song by Lady GaGa ? called POKER FACE makes me crazy! LOVE IT!

I can't get enough of Stephen Lynch lately.

I'm going to see Rammstein live in December! YEAH!! B)

They're the only modern band which really interest me. Other than that, I just love stuff from the past.

I'm a nostalgia freak! Anything from the 60's to the 80's suits me. ;)

I'm a nostalgia freak! Anything from the 60's to the 80's suits me. ;)

What are some of the bands/singers you like from the 80s? :)

What are some of the bands/singers you like from the 80s? :)

The Fall & the Dead Kennedy's have been on my playlists lately.

Aww, the 80's were MY decade, being a teenager then. :D

I was a huge Duran Duran fan bascially from 1983 to 1988, but I loved all the music in the charts then.

I could listen to the charts on the radio and love it all. Which could never happen to me now.... :rolleyes:

Fond memories, sitting in my parents living room, recording all the stuff on tapes. Happy days.

Oh, and of course, in the very early 80's, you had the so-called "Neue Deutsche Welle" movement going on. Basically all German bands, singing in German. Many of them made it abroad. It was like the German punk. Great times.

Like I said: it was my decade.... I could go on and on about it... ;)

Guest AdminGuyX

Otis Taylor: Truth is not Fiction.

Songs like "The House of The Crosses", "Be my Frankenstein" and "Kitchen Towel" had my jaw on the floor.

Somewhere between Ray Charles and Tom Waits, with a left at Nick Cave, and passing Wilie Nelson, you arrive at Otis Taylor.

Ah, Nick Cave. One of my all time music heroes!!!

Last night I saw The Offspring and Dropkick Murphy's, both put on a great show and the Murphy's IMHO upstaged the headliner Offspring...BUT!

The warm up band was a little band out of L.A> called Time Again. I normally just kinda put up with the warm up bands some are brutally bad man. But these guys were brilliant, I loved em. After the show the band was out peddling a CD which was acoustic versions of there tunes real good stuff.

and an acoustic..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=magepMVVDTk

Been getting into Killswitch Engage lately.

Been getting into Killswitch Engage lately.

i caught Killswitch Engage on the Music as a Weapon tour with Disturbed. Killswitch was freaking great. The front man gets the crowd reved up and roarin" it was a blast. I love Killswitch Engage.

I just heard this crazy ass sounding band, I can't remember the name but they were a Celtic melodic death metal band from Germany.

I just heard this crazy ass sounding band, I can't remember the name but they were a Celtic melodic death metal band from Germany.

Keltic Frost?

Guest AdminGuyX

Heard "The 59 sound" from Gaslight Anthem while I was waiting for Public Enemies to start. I downloaded that song and a few others from them when I got home.

Last night I saw The Offspring and Dropkick Murphy's, both put on a great show and the Murphy's IMHO upstaged the headliner Offspring...BUT!

The warm up band was a little band out of L.A> called Time Again. I normally just kinda put up with the warm up bands some are brutally bad man. But these guys were brilliant, I loved em. After the show the band was out peddling a CD which was acoustic versions of there tunes real good stuff.

and an acoustic..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=magepMVVDTk

I LOVE Time Again! I have the video for Cold Concrete on my myspace page. It's one of my favorite songs right now.

I LOVE Time Again! I have the video for Cold Concrete on my myspace page. It's one of my favorite songs right now.

Yeah, I'm playing the cd to death right now. Love the Cold Concrete video by the way. This is just a damn good band that most people have not heard of.

Drawing and photoshoping some BLACKFEATHER pages. I always love to listen to music when I do this stuff. For BLACKFEATHER it is KINGS X. Here is a couple from Kings XV...

This is probably my favorite off of the XV disc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU5sECAK4bo

Guest AdminGuyX

I've been enjoying Gaslight Anthem, and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club of late.

Good stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/blackrebelmotorcycleclub

666 Conducer is one of my favorite tunes of theirs, as is Fault Lines.

http://www.myspace.com/thegaslightanthem

The 59 sound, and Film Noir are getting played alot in my I-tunes presently. As is their cover of God's gonna cut you down.