Sign in to follow this  
Guest AdminGuyX

The New Conan

I'm still on the fence. I'd like to see this be good, but not too keen on the director. He can make things look nice, but when it comes to putting things together, he can never seem to make it work.

I'm a giant Howard fan and am cautiously optimistic. I know it's too much to ask for Hollywood to shell out cash to a modern day Milius but from what I've read Milius doesn't think this will suck. Which, while Milius film was good, if I had my way, the films would be lifted directly from the stories. It's all there fully realized.

It definitly started out on shakey legs.

Guest AdminGuyX

That is one of the worst teaser trailers I've ever seen. I thought I was driving around a truck full of hate for Jonah Hex, but I hate this more. Lots more.

Guest AdminGuyX

Considering it has Ron Perlman and Stephen Lang in it, I'd rather not hate the film. But . . .

I am determined not to hate the film until after I've seen it. I am going with no preconceptions. I did that with Prince Of Persia. It was a very nice looking film. That's all I'm saying.

And now I'm saying this..ha! I caught this past weekend on HBO, Gmae of Thrones and Jason Momoa has a bit of presence in it. I mean he's got no lines so far so I can't say much but he carried himself well in the first episode I thought, which gives me hope for Conan. And it turns out he's a big fan of Frazetta. That can't hurt!

And now I'm saying this..ha! I caught this past weekend on HBO, Gmae of Thrones and Jason Momoa has a bit of presence in it. I mean he's got no lines so far so I can't say much but he carried himself well in the first episode I thought, which gives me hope for Conan. And it turns out he's a big fan of Frazetta. That can't hurt!

ah...but he said "no", like 10 times!

Didn't recognize Mamoa in Thrones until I saw it mentioned here.

Can't blame me really, I was tortured by the un-civilized treatment I received at the hands of The Holiday Inn Ronkonkoma (Long Island).

Their website boasts "Award Winning Service" . . . . I didn't find it to be that, exactly.

I found it miserable considering the back-water TV reception and the outdated tube-set I was subjected to.

Hey Ronkonkoma! Ever hear of the 21st CENTURY?

Fat snowy lines running diagonally though screen like an old UHF antenna set-up.

Even so enjoyment-challenged I stuck with it and watched anyway. Cool fucking show.

I hope Mamoa is as gruff and bold in Conan. The entire film rests on his performance.

I've seen over 5000 unit photography shots from the film. It LOOKS real fucking cool.

Perlman looks like a craggy GOD.

Rumors I've heard sound somewhat bleak.

But these suits are the same suits that didn't think SOLOMON KANE was good enough to release. Theatrically or on DVD.

So how much credit should we really give 'em?

At this point, visually, I can at least say it looks right.

Mamoa's got to prove he's cut from heavy timber.

- TB

PS - No hot water Saturday morning either. FUCK the Holiday Inn Ronkonkoma.

Sorry for your shitty hotel experience brother. Hopefully you don't get such a treatment in Detroit. If you do, I'll start whooping some ass.

I think Conan will be decent so long as people don't go in the theaters comparing Jason to Arnold because it won't work that way. I think the look that Mamoa has is more accurate to the comic books. Arnold is just Arnold.... need a big ass dude in the 80s who can act good enough.... ARNOLD. So yeah

-Raf

Perlman looks like a craggy GOD.

- TB

PS - No hot water Saturday morning either. FUCK the Holiday Inn Ronkonkoma.

They should totally use that statement in the ads, on the poster, etc., are you kidding me?!

The one about Mr. Perlman, that is ;)

That is the best enticement to see this movie, hands down!

Oh, and sorry about the whole HI / I-Con schlepitude experience - still glad you got to connect with fans and friends though. :)

ah...but he said "no", like 10 times!

Yeah. There was that. <_<

I'm a GIANT Howard fan and I'm desperate! What can I say!

Ha! Seriously, I agree the arnold Conan was great but that was amazingly good timing wasn't it? To get Arnold at THAt time for the role was amazing. But to say Conan on film has got be Arnold esque, which so many will probybly do, will suck alot of life, and alot traction, out of this flick right off the bat.

But I thought Mamoa carried himself with a powerful, arrogant presence in Game of Thrones and, judging by the previews, I think we'll see more of that. (More "NO."'s will be likely as well unfortunately)

Looks better than I expected, but I'm still not entirely sold.

Guest AdminGuyX

I think I'm teetering on the side of not interested. The dancing around with the sword looks kind of awkward, and frankly Mamoa still strikes me as a terrible actor. I've never cared for him in anything I've seen before. But, I will probably view it on cable when it hits, unless I hear non stop great things about it after it opens anyway.

I found out it's R-rated, so at least it wasn't neutered. Really the only thing I'm looking forward to regarding this, is seeing Tim's posters for it.

Guest AdminGuyX

I got a little sneak peak at ICON, and Tim's art is so good, it made me want to see the film. :)

Even though I've been hearing Momoa is awesome on Game of Thrones, I'm still a bit leery about this one. It's mostly down to Nispel and his track record. That said, I did like that Perlman clip.

I don't care. I'm excited.

Here's an alternate JoBlo post - http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-...n-the-barbarian

Can't wait to show you all the other two pieces I cooked up ;)

- TB

Your mean Tim. Telling us there's more! I'm a fish on a goddamn hook. lol.

I'm seeing this tomorrow night with my son.