Tiara

IRON MAN 2

Don Cheadle is stepping in to replace Terrence Howard in "Iron Man 2," Marvel Studios' sequel to its summer blockbuster.

In the movie, Howard played Jim Rhodes, Tony Stark/Iron Man's best friend and future armor-clad hero War Machine. One scene featured Howard looking at a silver suit of armor and saying "Next time," a line that caused great delight for fans.

But there will be no next time for Howard.

Story continues:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...f5b0b84b924a87b

SECONDED.

This franchise is jinxed.

First Norton (most possibly), now this...

If some blonde pretty boy gets cast as Thor, I'm done with this.

-TL

With Norton depending on the stipulations in his contract, he might still be on. Or he'll do whatever to get out of it.

Nash isn't getting cast that's for sure.

Why are you bringing up Kevin?

And you have NO WAY of knowing whether or not he'll get cast.

Feige said no wrestlers, but I have inside intel that suggests otherwise.

-TL

I think it's more to do with age, he may be in great shape and all but I think they are gonna cast someone in their 30s for Thor.

Plus, most wrestlers have a tendency to go at any moment.

I love Don's work, but I don't see him in the role. I could esily change that opinion if he was originally cast, but the two actors have vast diffrences, plus Don's name is too big to replace Terrence's. They could have at least found an unknown that looks and sounds similar.

What!? WHAT!? I don't hate Cheadle or anything, but I think Howard fit the part perfectly. All we have to do is wait and see how it turns out.

yea that really sux...what happened? Not only is Terrence Howard good for the role but he is also a huge fan of the character himself...I love Don Cheadle but people are gonna find it so weird for him to replace Howard...It's like getting Will Smith to replace Denzel Washington in a movie, it's two big names that are completely different from one another.

Cheadle is ALL wrong for this.

I always like him in tough guy roles (Traffic, Swordfish) but Howard is a VERY impressive actor and like Cheadle was a Best Actor Academy Award Nominee (Hustle and Flow).

I find this change very displeasing and I feel it will seriously affect the franchise.

-TL

Guest AdminGuyX

Yeah, this just sucks. I love Don Cheadle but Terrence Howard brought so much charm and charisma to the role, it's going to be really hard for Cheadle to portray that. I like Don Cheadle but he's not known for for his charm, and ease on screen.

And anyway, when Terrence says "NEXT TIME BABY" while looking at the silver suit, I REALLY couldn't wait to see that happen. I think Howard would have brought War Machine alive with style. Cheadle will be good, I have no doubt, but just different.

And I don't like being robbed of seeing Howard as War Machine.

As Hart Fisher used to say.

FUCK MARVEL.

This doesn't bother me as much as it bothers everyone else. I wish they coulda stuck with Howard but shit happens. If they woulda cast Cheadle from the beginning that woulda been all fine and dandy too.

I passed on the word to all my friends that loved IRON MAN and were looking forward to a sequel and here's the verdict:

-16 said "This blows, and I am no longer looking forward to seeing Rhodes become War Machine."

-7 said "I don't like this, but I still wanna see Rhodes become War Machine regardless of who's playing him."

-2 said "I don't really care."

So I think its a fair conclusion to say that people will still watch IRON MAN II despite Howard's departure.

It is also evident that they will be less excited about the War Machine/Jim Rhodes character.

*This is MARVEL's second fuck up after pissing off Edward Norton.

-TL

Marvel knew exactly what they were getting into with Norton, I sort of commend them for not giving into him regarding the editing.

Marvel knew exactly what they were getting into with Norton, I sort of commend them for not giving into him regarding the editing.

WHAT THE FUCK???

Dude, I am speechless.

-TL

He's not the director or editor, he didn't get his way this time and if he wants to be a baby about it, well that sucks.

Guest FADoss
Ok...

So how about you tell us whether or not you care about this change of actors?

-TL

I think Don Cheadle is an excellent actor...and I think that "purists" in regard to who plays particular characters should look back in history at the MANY times that different actors should stepped into an established role and done very well at it...even better than their predecessor.

Now if they had cast Rob Schnieder in the role, I'd say flame on, but Cheadle is in the ballpark.

Fred