sidewaysgaze

Jonni Nitro

This internet series was talked about in Tom's general Filmography thread, but I wanted to pull it up as its own topic. Thanks to James for the link to the series online at:

http://www.submarinechannel.com/flash.jsp?popupid=506

Tom plays Brack and the film style is similar to Sin City -- waaay before Sin City was even a film concept! I like the looks of the thick, stark black and white and the 'atomic blue' bits.

JonniNitroEp26.jpg

Jen

Thank you again Jen ;)

To me it looks a little like what the band "A-ha" did with the 1980's video "Take On Me".

tom_video.jpg

take_on_me_07.jpg

It also looks like something that the MTV show "Liquid Television" would have shown.

Does anyone know what happen at the end of Crash And Burn Part 3??? Does it just leave us hanging????

Wow, thanks for sharing those links. I've looked everywhere for those ever since I heard Thomas talk about them on the FatFreeFilm podcast.

I can't wait to see them.

Thanks again.

Mediumfan

edit: I finally got to see the Jonni Nitro flicks and they are cool. The thing that is really cool about them is that they are shot in the Sin City style,and that was done years before that movie ever came out. It shows that someone was clearly ahead of their time when they were planning that. They were really well done and it was fun to watch. Another thing that I found interesting was that Olivia D'Abo played Jonni in the later episodes. I never expected to see her in a project like that (an actioner, I mean) because she always did drama and romantic comedies primarily.

Thanks for the link James. It's so cool that the JN episodes can be accessed online - that they're still there. :)

Jen

Does anyone know what happen at the end of Crash And Burn Part 3??? Does it just leave us hanging????

There's nothing after Crash and Burn Part 3..... son of a bitch!

thx for all the links peeps!

used to watch this series back in the ol' dial-up days, and it was worth every goddamned second/per hour wait!

That was good, real good. It's too bad they didn't make anymore. I really would have liked to have seen more of Tom's character.

the sad part is - i directed the last two episodes and then the company got shut down and we never did them. i has about two minutes edited together - a kind of Electra character fighting Jonni with two long swords in a parking garage. and some kick ass footage of Jonni riding a motorcycle. still got that footage around here somewhere...

the sad part is - i directed the last two episodes and then the company got shut down and we never did them. i has about two minutes edited together - a kind of Electra character fighting Jonni with two long swords in a parking garage. and some kick ass footage of Jonni riding a motorcycle. still got that footage around here somewhere...

I... well more like "we" must see that Tom. We must!

So you did directed the last two episodes, cool B) That really sucks about the company getting shut down Tom.

Hmmm ... do you think you might / you could put that up around here ...? Please :)

can you see this?nitro9.mov

it's a rough cut of the beginning of JN 7. believe me when i say it was the coolest of the series. there was a motorcycle chase, a sword fight with chicks - explosions - the works. but ERUPTOR.COM lost finance and the project folded. mark silvestri of IMAGE fame was writing with me and my current girlfriend - olivia d'abo involved. it was a hot little show for it's day. oh the dial up days ...T

it's a rough cut of the beginning of JN 7. believe me when i say it was the coolest of the series. there was a motorcycle chase, a sword fight with chicks - explosions - the works. but ERUPTOR.COM lost finance and the project folded. mark silvestri of IMAGE fame was writing with me and my current girlfriend - olivia d'abo involved. it was a hot little show for it's day. oh the dial up days... what ever....T

You oughtta put ALL these bad boys on DVD.

I'll buy it.

-TL

can you see this?nitro9.mov

Thank you, Thomas!

Not to be a pill, though, but I am having trouble with the attachments / links (can't download / play) ... probably some user error on my part? ... maybe someone can help?

Guest Aaron Hoffman

I was the co-founder of this series along with Alex Ogle. Had a great time working with Thomas, Olivia, and Marc. Cool to see this thread 12 years after the fact. If you want to get in touch with me, search for Hoff Sauce.

Nice of you to drop by dude. Really appreciate it. Any stories you care to share ?

Guest Hoff

Sure, I'll be happy to talk about how Jonni Nitro was started and some stories about working on the project. It was a ton of fun but like Thomas said, Eruptor ran out of funding due to the Dot Bomb crash and it died out. Here's some photos from the sets, I have several more.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/2a0hd0i"  ><a href="//imgur.com/a/2a0hd0i"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.