Give 'em Hell Malone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those images rock. Thanks Tim!

When I look at that pic from TJ, I can see Malone walking through some corridor. Stylish camerawork and editing, mythic music in the background, like MacLeod in the Madison Square Garden garage :P

Guest AdminGuyX
015sm.jpg

070sm-1.jpg

I must say, I am just LOVING the lighting, look and feel of every shot posted.

The locations look cool, the vehicles work, the timeless aspect of the story is something that I have always found to be cool when it's well done.

And I agree, that red coat is pretty damn awesome.

Also agree, can't wait to see what's under it.

:P

I wish I could get paid for coming up with tag lines ;)

I emailed Hosack and asked if he had any ideas. He sent me back a bunch of possibilities and what I ended up doing was cannabilizing something Mark gave me - "Some men are harder to kill than others" When I read that, the tag line came to me pretty quick - Hard To Love, Harder To Kill

Short, sweet, with impact.

Glad you diggit.

I was actually pretty shocked when Tom and Hannibal (I think Mark too) came back to me immediately and said they loved it.

I knew I liked it, but usually when that happens everyone else hates it ;)

Got lucky this time.

I came up with that "Vengeance Has A Name" tag for P2 and it seems like no one likes that one ;) At least here.

I'll post a larger poster jpeg here as soon as Hannibal gives the all-clear.

- TB

Tim Bradstreet - comic book cover artist and tag line generator.

I do like the War Zone: Punisher tag line. People just seem to not get that what Castle does is revenge no matter what label he put on it.

Yeah, that's a cool teaser! Looks like there's a little homage to Mulcahy's The Shadow with the mirror scene :P

I'd say more a homage to Orson Welles' The Lady From Shanghai (1947), which was no doubt Mulcahy's inspiration for that scene in The Shadow.

TheLadyFromShanghai.jpg

That trailer is pretty great for being thrown together in 2 days.

Some of those shots are fucking fantastic. The silhouette of the Mateba Autorevolver tracking out of the doorway (a character in itself) and turning on the guy in the hallway is too badass.

- TB

Here is a dedicated link to the trailer -------> Give 'Em Hell Malone - Trailer

Turn up your speakers and click the link ;)

I do like the War Zone: Punisher tag line. People just seem to not get that what Castle does is revenge no matter what label he put on it.

I agree, and for some reason these same people have no problem calling it a "revenge movie".

;)

- tb

That trailer is pretty great for being thrown together in 2 days.

Some of those shots are fucking fantastic. The silhouette of the Mateba Autorevolver tracking out of the doorway (a character in itself) and turning on the guy in the hallway is too badass.

- TB

I just love how it begins, a guy getting thrown out a window and then the guitar kicks in. I also really like that quick little shot at the end with Malone walking towards the burning man.

The guy flying out of the window in a shower of broken glass is fucking balls out coolsville.

We're innocently craning across the Otis Hotel and then there is some shake, then Bwaaaa! - This fucking guy goes flying past us!

To the Tune of GT and the Destroyers . . . no "Bodies Hit The Floor" here . . . THANK GOD!

Love this trailer, I can't stop watching it.

- tb

Exactly, glad you are realistic about that.

I almost brought that up before but figured you all would understand the nature of the rush job.

This is by no means a finished piece, more like a sizzle reel in the form of a trailer.

Think how cool a really great and stylistic presentation of the text would make this even better.

Take out a few of the weaker shots (views out of the van or car window) and then stick in some Rhames stuff when they get some footage.

Ving only got to set last week, that's why he's conspicuously missing from this footage ;)

But yeah, as a sizzle real it's smoking hot.

- TB

You know the use of music in a teaser is funny thing, what will work and what won't. I was playing this sort of death country/gothic/gypsy/punk/bluegrass song by this great band o'death while watching the teaser. And I'll be damned that I thought the two actually went together pretty good. Crazy.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.