Give 'em Hell Malone

Yes, Malone loves his Mateba more than he does his girl.

Not hard to see why. My Mateba would be the last gun I ever sold from my collection. It beats our my late uncle's Weatherby for personal value.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanna feel even worse?

There is a possibility that we could be screening Dark Country at SDCC this year as well.

They actually have a 3D set-up in one of their screening rooms!

What a one-two punch that would be.

Nothing official yet but it's being talked about. There is an outside chance.

Obviously we'll keep you posted on that in the Dark Country thread.

Keep yer eye's peeled.

- TB

This sounds like the year Tom and the RAW team are going to take over SDCC. Give 'em Hell guys!

Now you're really making me sick, TB. Man, I hate this.

Yeah the timing sucks right Dawn?

Hey, you just fucking moved to LA, where the Hell you going to now?

You can't leave when it's finally getting interesting!

Well at least you had a connect with Patricia and a episode of your favorite show to guest star in ;)

- tb

Double feature would be asking a lot ;)

I mean it'd be 2am before the films would be over and then a signing?

Brutal.

What's more likely is that we'd schedule the screenings for different nights.

'Sides, it ain't stadium seating in there, it's chairs and believe me they aren't comfortable, no popcorn, no beverages . . .

No one will want to sit in there for 3-4 hours, even to watch TJ's bristly mug wreak havoc for an evening of debauchery ;)

If somehow it DOES get a double feature schedule then someone bring me a joint and a painkiller.

- tb

Guest AdminGuyX

Yeah, I wasn't really thinking back to back. :) You are very right.

But hey, some conventions sell popcorn! Does SDCC?

Mark, Tim, Tom, any more trailers going to happen for Malone?

Double feature would be asking a lot ;)

I mean it'd be 2am before the films would be over and then a signing?

Brutal.

What's more likely is that we'd schedule the screenings for different nights.

'Sides, it ain't stadium seating in there, it's chairs and believe me they aren't comfortable, no popcorn, no beverages . . .

No one will want to sit in there for 3-4 hours, even to watch TJ's bristly mug wreak havoc for an evening of debauchery ;)

If somehow it DOES get a double feature schedule then someone bring me a joint and a painkiller.

- tb

I could probably pull it off.

Love the screen caps!

Wanna feel even worse?

There is a possibility that we could be screening Dark Country at SDCC this year as well.

They actually have a 3D set-up in one of their screening rooms!

What a one-two punch that would be.

Nothing official yet but it's being talked about. There is an outside chance.

Obviously we'll keep you posted on that in the Dark Country thread.

Keep yer eye's peeled.

- TB

bollocks! now I'm REALLY gutted i can't make it.

Yeah the timing sucks right Dawn?

Hey, you just fucking moved to LA, where the Hell you going to now?

You can't leave when it's finally getting interesting!

Well at least you had a connect with Patricia and a episode of your favorite show to guest star in ;)

- tb

I know. It's the pits sometimes. But it's the nature of my job. I'm a professional hobo. ;) I really wish I could stay longer, but it's time to move on. I'm really hoping that I get the chance to come back this way again, hopefully soon. And yes, the day with Patricia was the highlight of my stay here. Wish I could have connected with Thomas while I was out here too, but oh, well. C'est la vie. It was fun while it lasted.

Don't know where I'm headed to next. Guess whichever way the wind blows. I wish I was leaving just one week later and then I could hit SDCC on my way out of CA, but no such luck. Got to be movin' on. Can't let the dust settle under my feet. :P

Yeah... I'm gonna have to buy this movie no matter when it comes out then.... Anything that features a Mateba like my own, I need to have (Hence why I'm gonna see Gamer for the 'Serenity' Mateba/Gun/Prop).

HEY you got a MATEBA!? it's the BEST gun ever manufactured hands down and i know a lot of guys will argue with me about that. it's a finicky gun and mine won't fire certain shells - or it'll fire and won't kick the auto-revolve. like a fine race horse, it won't run unless conditions are perfect but when it does, WATCH OUT. it needs a lot of love, but it gets a lot of love by just being itself.

HEY you got a MATEBA!? it's the BEST gun ever manufactured hands down and i know a lot of guys will argue with me about that. it's a finicky gun and mine won't fire certain shells - or it'll fire and won't kick the auto-revolve. like a fine race horse, it won't run unless conditions are perfect but when it does, WATCH OUT. it needs a lot of love, but it gets a lot of love by just being itself.

Ahh. Mr. Jane, I am the one hunting down some Holsters for us. :) Thanks once again for the phone interview, someday we'll have to compare our loved Mateba's.

I included a picture of mine.

00-Mateba.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

People seemed to dig the Comic-Con screening of Malone. We had a great audience come out -- My friend counted around 300. The film got a great reaction and the cast and crew were on hand to answer questions. Thanks to everyone for coming out -- I'll try to post pics and video tonight. There were a couple of critics in the house -- I'll post their feedback as it comes.

People seemed to dig the Comic-Con screening of Malone. We had a great audience come out -- My friend counted around 300. The film got a great reaction and the cast and crew were on hand to answer questions. Thanks to everyone for coming out -- I'll try to post pics and video tonight. There were a couple of critics in the house -- I'll post their feedback as it comes.

So happy for all you guys. Excellent!

Ahh. Mr. Jane, I am the one hunting down some Holsters for us. :) Thanks once again for the phone interview, someday we'll have to compare our loved Mateba's.

I included a picture of mine.

00-Mateba.jpg

DAMN! That is a nice looking weapon. I put all my cash into the Springfield XD .45. That and my M-4 keep me happy, but after I get a shotgun I was thinking about picking up a revolver...this may be good candidate.

DAMN! That is a nice looking weapon. I put all my cash into the Springfield XD .45. That and my M-4 keep me happy, but after I get a shotgun I was thinking about picking up a revolver...this may be good candidate.

You had better hurry up. With only a production run of around 2000 or so, they are getting more and more scarce. :)

Hell I've even tried to find the Italian designer, Emilo Ghisoni, to talk with him, but my Italian skills are non-existent, so my research is slow and plodding....

I'm going to let Hosack take point on this when he comes up for air.

His wife is about to give birth to his other baby, the one with two arms and two legs ;)

But just a few of my thoughts fresh off the screening.

Give 'Em Hell Malone is awesome!

I saw a rougher edit a while back and as we've already reported, the color timing (finished look) that was slapped on the film for Cannes was ASS.

But we won't go into that cause it's ancient fucking history. This new and improved version was screened at SDCC 2009 last Saturday late night and it was a hell of a good ride. The film needs some tightening in the editing and there are a couple of essential musical tracks that NEED to remain in this film (and survived intact for our screening) but otherwise this went down sensationally. GEHM can be a minor fun fucking hit if someone is smart enough to market it right and give it a decent theatrical showing. We got stuff in the works but more on that later. My final word on the subject is GEHM kicks ASS.

Way to go everyone!!!

xo - TB

Saw this at the Comic Con. Wasn't crazy about the movie, but loved that Mr. Jane brought it out and was open to critique from the audience. He seemed like a real nice guy, and I appreciate that he wasn't a pretentious actor. Was very nice that the other panelists came out too. Hope Mr. Jane brings more movies out to the Con.

Appreciate your thoughts Jaricketts.

The film is by no means perfect and there are some things we wish we could change but for the most part I believe there is a wonderful character there and it's a fun ride. You invest yourself in a project like this and naturally you want everyone to love it. That obviously is impossible ;)

Hope you found some things to like. Glad you made the screening.

- TB

Appreciate your thoughts Jaricketts.

The film is by no means perfect and there are some things we wish we could change but for the most part I believe there is a wonderful character there and it's a fun ride. You invest yourself in a project like this and naturally you want everyone to love it. That obviously is impossible ;)

Hope you found some things to like. Glad you made the screening.

- TB

I'd say my favorite thing was the action sequence at the beginning. Well-filmed, well-choreographed. Really smart-looking. And the opening titles, of course! :)

Well, I'm not quite up for air yet -- baby's coming any day now, but before I get BUSIER-- I gotta agree with Bradstreet -- the screening exceeded my expectations. Everyone who came out to watch seemed enthusiastic and gave us some great feedback.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a line wrapped around the room to get in, I had the opportunity to talk to many of the people who came out, which was a little surreal and a lot of fun. TJ's emcee got the crowd going. It was our first screening with an audience, basically a test screening, so it was great to see what worked and what didn't. The plan now is to make a few minor tweaks to the edit, maybe reinvent a character, and lock the film.

The overwhelming reaction was positive -- And throughout the screening, the cheers and laughs and cringing all came at the right places, at least to my ears. We got a lot of great compliments from people who dug the film -- Film School Rejects seemed to like it and should have a review up soon.

I've heard and read a few opinions who would differ (Hi Jaricketts! :) ) -- Malone isn't gonna be everyone's cup of tea -- We tried to make it one of those Genre-Defying films -- we weaved a lot of elements together -- CHARACTER, first and foremost, then ACTION, HUMOR and HARD NOSED NOIR DRAMA. Will it work for everyone? Nah. Is it perfect? My mom will think so.

The trailer I cut is a pretty even-handed representation of the film -- it includes all of the elements present and doesn't misrepresent the movie with sly editing tricks (which I've done for other films, mind you -- I edit trailers when I'm not writing) -- so if you dig the trailer, hopefully you'll dig the film.

Malone isn't a straight noir like LA Confidential -- it's not a hardcore action film either -- Rather its an independent film that tries to pay homage to those genres while attempting to be its own animal -- by creating a unique world of larger than life characters and humor.

That was the idea, anyway -- hopefully you guys will see for yourselves soon, and we can parse the results then.

Mark

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.